Getting some PB&J

Getting some PB&J

Dean
Dean

November 7th, 2010, 7:46 pm #1

I was going to clean the governor on my C4 this weekend, but I had to take my wife to the store yesterday, and on the way home I lost all forward motion.

I know that symptom...TOAST!!!

I had it towed home, and this morning I dropped the pan. The fluid was very shiny with glitter, and there was some metal in the pan, AND A BOLT!!!

So now it's time for a rebuild. I'd do it myself if I was in a position to remove and replace it, but my hernia says forget it.

Thanks for the advice on the governor, and I'll be back to ask some questions about the C6 that I'm going to rebuild and put in my 87 F150.

November 7th, 2010, 9:03 pm #2

Shoot, not a good sign.

Hang in there. If you need help with the C6 keep this forum in mind.

Dean
Dean

November 20th, 2010, 11:31 pm #3

I got the car back from the rebuilder yesterday. It's doing great. (I had to wait for the money.)

He told me that the metal in the pan was pieces of the planetary gears. He also changed the cooling lines and said that I was darn lucky that the rubber lines that were on there didn't burst under pressure. They were just light weight fuel lines that the PO had on there.
Heck, I'd been driving the car across country at highway speeds (okay, maybe a little faster, like 110mph sometimes lol), and I didn't even know that they were ready to pop!

He did the whole job, tow, remove, replace and reinstall for under $600, so I figure that I came out pretty good on that one.

The C6 in the truck is next!