Your thoughts on the design of Match Attax England

K-Schwein
Signature Card
K-Schwein
Signature Card

12:44 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #1

Personally I'm disappointed. I knew Topps had a challenge since they don't have the liscense to produce official cards of other teams at the World Cup. Headshots was a good idea as some of the cards look really good, but most don't look that great at all. I like the Beckham limited edition, thats a great headshot of him. However if you look at a Steven Gerrard limited edition, the picture of him looks like he saw a ghost or something. The only one worse so far is the John Terry 100 Club, he looks like he's been using some illegal drugs or something.

The design is kind of cool on the insert cards, I wonder how they would have looked if they were allowed to use full body shots. If this is the design they have upcoming for their new EPL product next season, I'm excited.

I have not see the whole set but what I've seen so far.... not impressed. Still going to go after a few cards from the set.

lmccagh
100 Club
lmccagh
100 Club

12:47 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #2

cool

K-Schwein
Signature Card
K-Schwein
Signature Card

12:53 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #3

Check out here for some pictures of what the set looks like. I try to link photos from ebay but have not had any luck for some reason

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=atta ... t=0&bkBtn=

flea
Hat Trick Hero
flea
Hat Trick Hero

1:22 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #4

Not liking them, not liking them at all
Looking for Kinkladze, Boban, Milan Preston North End

116 Succesful transactions on TCC
136 Succesful transactions on SCF

Rob PBS
101 Card
Rob PBS
101 Card

3:02 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #5

I think it depends on the team... Some are really nice and others aren't.

I like the headshot idea, reminds me a little of football stickers.

The inserts are amazing though, love the black and white pics
Good Traders: Supersupercookie, bwfc123, Amoghmalhaar, gt6943, Nick 1998, Alexcollects (x2), Westernking, wdy11 (x2), JoelMangsa (x2), TraderLeon (x2), DanishCollector, Bigger Kid, Mariocamb13, CjChelsea (x3), Pnchocolates, MKDons2010, KingofMatchAttax, nffc are the best, K-Schwein

My Panini Wantlist

My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Feedback

thegreenster
Man of the Match
thegreenster
Man of the Match

5:38 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #6

I think TOPPS have started taking the Mick!
I think these cards with ALL the countries (apart from England) in plain t-shirts are Awful, really TERRIBLE!
AND terrible design of the same picture in the background - what were they thinking!!
I MADE Top Trumps better than this with ALL Accurate Career stats for 100+ players last time!!
(e-mail me if you'd like me to e-mail a sample - I did them on MS Excel for the neat boxes - They are better than they sound! Pre - Match Attax, more based on Top Trumps, but a good model i think). I think there is a gap in the market for Official cards with Career Stats on -
International APPs, International Goals, Club Apps, Club Goals, Age, Trophies, Previous Clubs, Flag of Country....

Having said all this, When anyone gets a spare BASE set of ENGLAND I will swop them for a Base set of England Panini Adrenalyn XL, and/or more Base Cards that you specifically request! (maybe a Base set of a different Country - Holland.....)

Hey-ho
The Joy of supporting Coventry City is the Surprising Wins!

Lindy_loo2000
Masters Card
Lindy_loo2000
Masters Card

5:59 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #7

They are OK. Does anyone know which LEs are where?
Lindy_loo2000 :}
Favourite PS3 games: Skate, Skate 2, FIFA, Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix and many more! :}
Favourite football teams: Burnley F.C, Liverpool, Blackpool!

Deleted User
Deleted User

6:39 PM - Mar 30, 2010 #8

i dont like the design either
its the design
its too coulorful and red uggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

i could probably make better cards lol

truly bad
just another reason to make money

they should cost less aswell

Futbol_Cards
Signature Card
Futbol_Cards
Signature Card

12:34 AM - Mar 31, 2010 #9

thegreenster wrote:I think there is a gap in the market for Official cards with Career Stats on -
International APPs, International Goals, Club Apps, Club Goals, Age, Trophies, Previous Clubs, Flag of Country....
^ Couldn't agree more.

Call me old fashioned but I love cards with the classic player picture and statistics on the back.

Something like this Spanish Liga card:

Part of the reason why I somewhat like Mundicromo despite their terrible quality is that they have the classic statistics/info format that I like and the fact that I'm not thrilled by all these trading card games coming out lately.

-----------

As for these Match Attax England I can't say that I'm impressed, quite poor to be honest but then again I didn't expect much for the reasons mentioned above.

I'll look for the Mexico cards (assuming there are any) but probably nothing more.

thegreenster
Man of the Match
thegreenster
Man of the Match

8:09 AM - Mar 31, 2010 #10

Great post!
That card you posted was great! Who made that! We should Campaign and tell them they should do some for International Players!
The Joy of supporting Coventry City is the Surprising Wins!