Why there are 37 Star Palyers in 09/10 series?

spurs.attax
100 Club

December 17th, 2010, 6:32 am #1

I found in the 09/10 series, Hannover has 2 Star Players with same card number 127 - Enke & Fromlowitz.
Anybody knows why?
Which one is more rare?
Completed Trades: l1sboa x 2, papagali, JuveFC, hattersfan x 3, longlongago_08, blizzard, maxi taxi, mrexplodeify, ashvin, CharlesHK, pnchocolates x 2, Rollcollector, Koda, vorronin, hotspurs95, ho123wang, monkey76, shauncheng1, matchattaxmasters22 x 3, dom9lfc, yerai95, garystephens, Zabolek, MA!CCFC98, mojoe x 2, mszaby x 2, Matt, kgarnett x 3, gp#3 x 3, Hirozil, Cardmonster
Want List last updated Oct 13, 2015
Trade List last updated Oct 13, 2015
My Feedback
Picasa Album

MGZN
Masters Card
MGZN
Masters Card

December 17th, 2010, 7:05 am #2

I think fromlovitz is most rare but i dont really know
YOURE MUM GAY

lilly
Limited Edition
lilly
Limited Edition

December 17th, 2010, 9:50 am #3

In the Binder insert card #127 is Enke.
Maybe they changed the card after he Commited Suicide.
I don't have Either of the cards though.

Terrible shame about Enke.
As the case with the Young lad from R&D.
Trusted Traders
PNChocolates,Alexcollects,Danishcollector,Arsenal2000,Ethiophil,Broooce,Seb10,Josemini,Davidrod8,Matchattaxmad,cjchelsea,Arsenal101,Gabormadrid,
Blandy33,profeis,mrexplodeify,longlongago_08,Pricey249,Blizzard,Rollcollector,Jos? Ot?vio, Paradogs77, Jayce 101,Val,papagali, Knight001, Lambokeenie,Futbol_Cards,JuveFC,Swapit,Pregra,Bakky,Sickone95,mufc17,Pedrelx,Joco,motorlux,bplsilva

alexcollects
100 Club

December 17th, 2010, 9:59 am #4

Lilly is right. Robert Enke commited suicide and so he was replaced by the Starspieler Fromlowitz. Fromlowitz is rather rare but not THAT rare. Fromlowitz was available from boosters and can be ordered from Topps Germany. But out of respect for Robert Enke, I would never replace him in the binder. The day he died was one of the saddest days, if not the saddest, in German football.
Thanks to bibster, bunz, Ethiophil, Futbol_Cards, lilly, pregra, RobPBS, thegreenster, Val & westernking!

My Wishlist - please have a look

I have many cards to trade, just PM me!

lilly
Limited Edition
lilly
Limited Edition

December 17th, 2010, 10:19 am #5

There was an article in the Sunday Times a few months ago about a book being released taken from Enke's Diary's.
Is it out yet , Have you read it Alex?
Really tragic story Enke's suffured with Mental illness, and all sorts of things affected his wellbeing.
It must be really hard being a Keeper with the blame being put on you(Just look at Robert Green in the World Cup)
I remember the article saying he had a terrible spell in Turkey and i don't think he hardly got a game at Barcelona.
Obviously the death of his Daughter must've been terrible.
Very very sad.
Wouldn't mind reading the book if it comes out in english.

Are the Enke Starspeiler and the previous years Matchwinner hard to get?
As you said Alex no way would you replace the Enke Card in the Binder, just put the Fromlowitz at the back of the book.
Trusted Traders
PNChocolates,Alexcollects,Danishcollector,Arsenal2000,Ethiophil,Broooce,Seb10,Josemini,Davidrod8,Matchattaxmad,cjchelsea,Arsenal101,Gabormadrid,
Blandy33,profeis,mrexplodeify,longlongago_08,Pricey249,Blizzard,Rollcollector,Jos? Ot?vio, Paradogs77, Jayce 101,Val,papagali, Knight001, Lambokeenie,Futbol_Cards,JuveFC,Swapit,Pregra,Bakky,Sickone95,mufc17,Pedrelx,Joco,motorlux,bplsilva

alexcollects
100 Club

December 17th, 2010, 12:09 pm #6

Well, "professional" collectors would say that Robert Enke cards are very rare, but of course they are not rarer than other cards. The attention of people always rises when somebody dies and that's what happened with those cards as well. One should be able to get them. I don't have any available for trade now but will try my best.

The book you mentioned is of Ronald Reng and is at least not available in English on Amazon. The German hardcover was released in Oktober and I haven't read it yet. The title is "Robert Enke. Ein allzu kurzes Leben" (... a life too short) Ronald Reng is a close friend of the Enkes.

I'll send you a PM later today.
Thanks to bibster, bunz, Ethiophil, Futbol_Cards, lilly, pregra, RobPBS, thegreenster, Val & westernking!

spurs.attax
100 Club

December 17th, 2010, 1:16 pm #7

Thank you all for the info.
Didn't know the tragedy before.
Completed Trades: l1sboa x 2, papagali, JuveFC, hattersfan x 3, longlongago_08, blizzard, maxi taxi, mrexplodeify, ashvin, CharlesHK, pnchocolates x 2, Rollcollector, Koda, vorronin, hotspurs95, ho123wang, monkey76, shauncheng1, matchattaxmasters22 x 3, dom9lfc, yerai95, garystephens, Zabolek, MA!CCFC98, mojoe x 2, mszaby x 2, Matt, kgarnett x 3, gp#3 x 3, Hirozil, Cardmonster
Want List last updated Oct 13, 2015
Trade List last updated Oct 13, 2015
My Feedback
Picasa Album

alexcollects
100 Club

December 17th, 2010, 5:09 pm #8

spurs.attax wrote:Thank you all for the info.
Didn't know the tragedy before.
You're welcome. One doesn't have to know such things.

MGZN
Masters Card
MGZN
Masters Card

January 3rd, 2011, 9:24 am #9

lilly wrote:In the Binder insert card #127 is Enke.
Maybe they changed the card after he Commited Suicide.
I don't have Either of the cards though.

Terrible shame about Enke.
As the case with the Young lad from R&D.
The young lad wad that the keeper? Dale Roberts,Because he commited Suicide.....BECAUSE OF JOHN TERRYS BROTHER! :014
YOURE MUM GAY