Why are the Limited Edition cards released in Turkey expensive?

meilian719
i-card

April 18th, 2016, 2:40 pm #1

Why are the Limited Edition cards released in Turkey expensive?
From Champion League 2013~2014 XL Fabianski LE to Fifa 365 Limited Edition, now it turned to Panini Euro 2016.
The price of these Limited Edition cards are sky high.
Don't know why, are them really rare?

Anybody can explain ?

FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero
FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero

April 18th, 2016, 6:29 pm #2

MONEY!!!!!

oneofthebest
Limited Edition
oneofthebest
Limited Edition

April 18th, 2016, 6:46 pm #3

FootyCardsMK wrote:MONEY!!!!!
Whose? Panini? Distributor? I wonder how much the card issuance in the country, how much must pay the distributor that the card was issued in a given country? Such a self-interest in the Turkey.

Yukon07
Fans Favourite
Yukon07
Fans Favourite

April 19th, 2016, 1:07 pm #4

Hi,

simple answer: The Market! That's how market works: Very small offer - lot of collectors, who want to complete their collection = high prices....

The much more interesting question in fact is: Why has the Turkish Distributor for Panini the "Power" to get always some limited Edition Cards exclusively in Turkey?

elcid
Player of the Month
elcid
Player of the Month

May 4th, 2016, 8:01 am #5

In each country Panini are represented by a spate business. Panini UK, for example is a separate company to the Italian parent company. Standard business practice mainly for tax reasons (but lets not go there).

I was told by Panini UK a few years ago that each country decide their own product format (blister, pack sizes, tins, etc) and also their Limited Editions and how they will be distributed. I can only assume in Turkey they have decided to focus on their local market and the Turkish LEs are therefore only found in Turkey and as such the price goes up.