davec2907
Fans Favourite
davec2907
Fans Favourite

October 11th, 2009, 4:51 pm #11

Very pivved off to find mascherano and given limited editions are already on eBay.bigwigs with no interest in collecting cards are monopolising cards again.I thought limited cards weren't available until the 15th October from mccolls and wh smiths.normal collectors likemyself have no chance at getting these cards. I have 3 people collecting cards in my household so the chances of each of us getting the limited editions is very slim. No way am I willing to pay overinflated prices for these cards. I could understand more if the cards distibuted better and it became total luck at getting these cards. Even rare cards like David dunn last year you know you probably won't get one but good luck to anyone that finds one. I feel topps need to do something about this so we can go back to simply collecting their cards.last year I only needed crouch to complete collection but no way can I afford to pay £40 for one card. Hope you proper collectors out there manage to get the cards you want. On a positive note I think the new cards are fab

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

October 11th, 2009, 6:09 pm #12

davec2907 wrote: Very pivved off to find mascherano and given limited editions are already on eBay.bigwigs with no interest in collecting cards are monopolising cards again.I thought limited cards weren't available until the 15th October from mccolls and wh smiths.normal collectors likemyself have no chance at getting these cards. I have 3 people collecting cards in my household so the chances of each of us getting the limited editions is very slim. No way am I willing to pay overinflated prices for these cards. I could understand more if the cards distibuted better and it became total luck at getting these cards. Even rare cards like David dunn last year you know you probably won't get one but good luck to anyone that finds one. I feel topps need to do something about this so we can go back to simply collecting their cards.last year I only needed crouch to complete collection but no way can I afford to pay £40 for one card. Hope you proper collectors out there manage to get the cards you want. On a positive note I think the new cards are fab
If you don't like the way that Topps distribute the cards then why not do the same as I did with the 07/08 season, As we didn't start collecting until late in the season we decided to ignore the Limited Editions and the Master Cards we just collected the rest. We have a complete 08/09 set with the Limited Editions because we were in from the start but to be honest i can take them or leave them.

This year I decided to buy a box from both McColls & WHSmith as you will need to buy hundreds of packets anyway so we just get it over with in one go, getting the Limiteds is an added bonus! Of course I will sell the swaps on ebay as a way of offsetting the cost and making it more affordable but it takes a lot of effort and I don't do it for profit.

I would prefer all the Limiteds to be magazine based and not to have the store exclusives. It then becomes the fun of finding them not the expense and luck of getting them.

At the end of the day you have to decide do you either forget Limiteds altogether, pay £15 to get one off ebay or buy endless packets trying to find one with no guarentee you will.

green6677
Hat Trick Hero
green6677
Hat Trick Hero

October 12th, 2009, 6:43 pm #13

I've also bought cards at WH Smith and McColls and buy/sell cards on ebay as a collector and for my children. To be honest, if I didn't sell some cards on ebay, I wouldn't be able to afford the cards in the first place - certainly not for 3 interested children! To have a chance of getting the more "valuable" Limited edition cards, I now only buy at WH Smith and McColls - to me this is the main issue - I would normally shop at my local newsagent but, because of the way that the cards are distributed/marketed, I can't afford to - this really is a form of restraint of trade. Why not have limited Edition cards available in all stores, but just for the first month or so? (as per the folders with Viduka, Rosicky etc Ltd editions from a few years ago). The signed cards have also gone mad this year, with 3 different cards in 3 different places!

RSACardCollector
101 Card

October 13th, 2009, 3:28 pm #14

I remember once I swapped Joe Cole limited for Rooney and Miller Star Players because I though they were dumb, but now it took me 40 cards just to get him back...

davec2907
Fans Favourite
davec2907
Fans Favourite

October 13th, 2009, 9:27 pm #15

some good advice there.cheers.i think i will also stick to wh smith and maybe buy in bulk.i think last year we just got lucky.managed to find kitson in coop because they tended to split boxes and also got all 5 hundred clubs last year in just 20 packets again from thhe coop.it is difficult when collecting 3 sets so i think this year we will just aim to get one set of limited editions.hope everyone does well with their collections

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

October 13th, 2009, 9:30 pm #16

davec2907 wrote: some good advice there.cheers.i think i will also stick to wh smith and maybe buy in bulk.i think last year we just got lucky.managed to find kitson in coop because they tended to split boxes and also got all 5 hundred clubs last year in just 20 packets again from thhe coop.it is difficult when collecting 3 sets so i think this year we will just aim to get one set of limited editions.hope everyone does well with their collections
They can be 'dads' posh set!

October 29th, 2009, 8:29 am #17

I HAVE FOUR LE,THEY ARE FERDINAND,CAHILL,VAN PERSIE,MASCHERANO!

megastarly
Limited Edition
megastarly
Limited Edition

November 10th, 2009, 4:08 pm #18

good i know how to get other limiteds!
Hello there im MegaStarly and i support Derby County
Feel free to:
Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/megastarlylul
Follow me on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/megastarly
Subscribe to me on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/megastarly

adz97