Topps Now

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

March 9th, 2017, 11:28 am #1

It is costing a lot to collect the full set of these cards....is anyone else trying to get the complete set?

Should we try and get a few of us together to buy the 10-card option...we would all save about £5 a week on each card ....even with postage?

Let me know if anyone is interested and we can sort something out
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
101 Card

March 9th, 2017, 12:23 pm #2

I'll be astonished if anyone else is collecting the full set (let alone finding another nine like-minded individuals on here!). The cards are massively over-priced individually, and I'd imagine the only reason most collectors will be buying these is to collect specific players or clubs. You'll be able to pick up individual cards via eBay cheaper than buying them individually from Topps (certainly for the higher profile players or more popular clubs).

I have always bought the five pack when buying the Man United ones, and posted on here a few times to see if anyone else was wanting one (at a cheaper price than they would have been able to buy it direct from Topps for) - and I had little or no response.

Your best bet is to find as many other collectors like me, who buy specific teams (and who buy the 5 card option) - who you could then go to whenever a card is issued of their club.

Zabolek
Limited Edition
Zabolek
Limited Edition

March 10th, 2017, 10:45 am #3

That got me thinking when recently getting my Patrick van Aanholt card; why would Topps not extend the offer they make of 5 cards for £25 and 10 cards for £38 (I haven't checked but I believe the prices are along those lines) and sell as a bundle at the beginning of the season, i.e. instead of receiving 5 times the same card which, I'm sure everyone agrees, bears no interest, you would pick 5 or 10 cards along the season? That would make more sense to many collectors, and something Topps should consider as, judging by the dwindling numbers of cards issued each week with the novelty aspect vanishing, this model has not proved too popular.

Mind, even if they sell only one card a week, they make a benefice, so overpriced this is - however, I'm of the opinion they would make more with such a proposition.

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

March 11th, 2017, 9:58 pm #4

Or what would make more sense would be a reduction each time you buy the cards each week....ie if you wanted 1 card then you pay £9.99 but then if you bought multiples of singled cards then it would be cheaper...ie if you bought 2 cards it would be £15, 3 cards £20, 4 cards £22 or all 5 cards £25....that would be far better and i am sure would sell far better....offering discounts for 5 and 10 cards is crazy....all that is doing is ensuring that these cards will go on to the secondary resale market...after all who wants multiples of the same card???
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Renko
Hat Trick Hero
Renko
Hat Trick Hero

March 14th, 2017, 1:59 pm #5

JackW I think you've answered your own question. Resales follow sales, and resales increase brand awareness leading to further sales.
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax