Topps NOW moves into Premier League

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

October 31st, 2016, 7:44 pm #1

Topps NOW cards, only available for 24 hours, have started issuing Premier League cards - Vincent Janssen and Romelu Lukaku are the first two cards. New cards will appear each week, though they don't make it easy for collectors in the UK to get their hands on them.

Topps - Topps NOW Premier League (2016-17) (01)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

November 1st, 2016, 4:54 pm #2

Hi Alan
The link just takes me to a generic Topps page rather than specific to this collection. Is this possibly because the ordering period is now closed for last weeks?

Not particularly delighted about this new collection, as it's pretty much a 'blink and you miss it' thing - was checking daily for the Panini Instant ones during Euro 2016 and luckily there was only one Palace player (which is what I collect) - Cabaye, and I was able to get it in time. Even so, it was far from instant, as despite paying about 30 for postage it took nearly a month to arrive grrr!

I know that the Premier League is something of a 'global' league, so in some respects I expect them to feature in the main the biggest 'star' players from the 'famous' clubs, they don't make it easy for us over here.

This will now become my weekly Monday morning ritual - check to make sure no Palace cards have been made!

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

November 1st, 2016, 5:55 pm #3

Me too Dorking, but I'm not expecting any Burnley cards to be honest. If Heaton didn't get chosen after his performance against United at weekend, then I am not holding out much hope for any other Burnley players!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

November 1st, 2016, 7:10 pm #4

Hi bibster
During Euro16, I think 4 times out of 6 games, the Wales card was Bale. These companies cannot resist choosing the most 'sellable' players.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

November 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm #5

Dorking wrote:Hi bibster
During Euro16, I think 4 times out of 6 games, the Wales card was Bale. These companies cannot resist choosing the most 'sellable' players.
And I totally understand that they will use the most sellable players. I got the Panini Bale cards in the summer and I'm sure they were very popular. It just sucks a bit when you support a less fashionable team I suppose, when it comes to collecting cards!

Not sure Janssen for Spurs was a good choice. Big team, not so famous player.

It will be interesting to see how they pick the players each week. Have you seen the postage cost to the UK? :rofl
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

November 1st, 2016, 7:21 pm #6

Not yet. Struggling to find the page to be honest. I think this might be it

https://www.topps.com/collectibles/trad ... -now.html/

but currently empty as nothing live at the moment

Know what you mean about 'smaller clubs' - its been the story of my collecting life, but then again, the Premier Gold collection is fantastic, and supporting an collecting Palace or Burnley you have a very decent chance of hovering up almost everything you want at 'reasonable' prices (whatever they are) compare to Arsenal or Man Utd prices anyway

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

November 1st, 2016, 8:29 pm #7

Dorking wrote:Not yet. Struggling to find the page to be honest. I think this might be it

https://www.topps.com/collectibles/trad ... -now.html/

but currently empty as nothing live at the moment

Know what you mean about 'smaller clubs' - its been the story of my collecting life, but then again, the Premier Gold collection is fantastic, and supporting an collecting Palace or Burnley you have a very decent chance of hovering up almost everything you want at 'reasonable' prices (whatever they are) compare to Arsenal or Man Utd prices anyway

Yes, that is the correct link, cards are only there for 24 hours.

I think the first ones appeared about 5.30pm (not quite sure) but the MLS cards don't appear until 8pm our time.

- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

November 1st, 2016, 8:58 pm #8

Thanks Alan, great to have a heads up to be honest.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

November 3rd, 2016, 1:19 pm #9

These are now available on Topps Direct (UK) website! Great news!

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

November 3rd, 2016, 2:25 pm #10

bibster wrote:These are now available on Topps Direct (UK) website! Great news!
Yes, well spotted!! I didn't realize Topps had the foresight!!

I like that 'header' photo - think I'll pinch that....

WANTED:

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales