Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 31st, 2016, 8:26 am #51

During one game I did speak to one of the topps people there about it and he was either not interested or was not sure himself.

pholla65
Player of the Month
pholla65
Player of the Month

November 2nd, 2016, 10:17 pm #52

JackW wrote:We got a Master Card with this team....this is pretty much invincible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8549u_B9U
Just wondering how you would change this team now you know 2 Hundred clubs is illegal?

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

February 16th, 2017, 9:06 am #53

Although this topic is pretty old, I couldn't be bothered to start a new one. I'm guessing that most people on this website are over 14, meaning you're not allowed to compete at tournaments and despite various petitions and emails, they seem pretty sure that they aren't going to change that (even made the champions league tournament 7-9yrolds). I was wondering if anybody wanted to organise some sort of unofficial tournament at one of the swap and play tours where a majority of collectors are going. They have practice areas that are usually deserted that we could play on and if we could get more than 10 players; I think it would be cool.

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

March 21st, 2017, 8:24 am #54

Again, coming back to this, I have two more things to add. The first is that if anybody has not yet been made aware; there is a champions league match attax tournament for 7-9 year olds and prizes include being a mascot for the champions league final this year. So if anybody is or has a 7-9 year old, I'd make sure get down to one of the swap and play tours.
Second thing:
This may be made a separate topic, but also linked to tournaments. I cannot help but feel that matchattax (6-14 yrs target audience) is becoming pay-to-win, where the kids with the richest parents will win. This is also a reason why I think the old rules (2007-2013) are more suited to the game. For example, any team with john stones and Kante PLEs and a whole bunch of other high rated players will undoubtedly win unless the player has no clue how to play.

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

March 21st, 2017, 11:00 am #55

Match Attax Mac wrote:Again, coming back to this, I have two more things to add. The first is that if anybody has not yet been made aware; there is a champions league match attax tournament for 7-9 year olds and prizes include being a mascot for the champions league final this year. So if anybody is or has a 7-9 year old, I'd make sure get down to one of the swap and play tours.
Second thing:
This may be made a separate topic, but also linked to tournaments. I cannot help but feel that matchattax (6-14 yrs target audience) is becoming pay-to-win, where the kids with the richest parents will win. This is also a reason why I think the old rules (2007-2013) are more suited to the game. For example, any team with john stones and Kante PLEs and a whole bunch of other high rated players will undoubtedly win unless the player has no clue how to play.
Then surely the game is becoming a reflection of football in general....the club(s) who have the biggest backer and financial power are, year in-year out, the teams who do best
The chances of anybody having all of the Platinum cards is very low and even having PLEs is no guarantee of winning...no point having high ranked defenders if you have got to a position where the opponent has control and is going to defend every go!!
Whilst clearly having high ranked players helps the higher ranked cards are still capable of losing battles so the top players should be able to combat this
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

March 21st, 2017, 4:38 pm #56

JackW wrote:
Match Attax Mac wrote:Again, coming back to this, I have two more things to add. The first is that if anybody has not yet been made aware; there is a champions league match attax tournament for 7-9 year olds and prizes include being a mascot for the champions league final this year. So if anybody is or has a 7-9 year old, I'd make sure get down to one of the swap and play tours.
Second thing:
Then surely the game is becoming a reflection of football in general....the club(s) who have the biggest backer and financial power are, year in-year out, the teams who do best
The chances of anybody having all of the Platinum cards is very low and even having PLEs is no guarantee of winning...no point having high ranked defenders if you have got to a position where the opponent has control and is going to defend every go!!
Whilst clearly having high ranked players helps the higher ranked cards are still capable of losing battles so the top players should be able to combat this
I Actually Agree With Jack For Once. It May Give A Minute Advantage But Only In Certain Situations And A Team That Goes Without Is Certainly Feasible.

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

March 21st, 2017, 7:19 pm #57

Suppose the only one to carry any sort of blame would be Topps for under valuing (£) the platinum cards

March 21st, 2017, 8:17 pm #58

Kante Is The Only One Who Is Really Good.

rcgcecdc
Player of the Month
rcgcecdc
Player of the Month

April 1st, 2017, 7:37 am #59

en route to the Dublin event peeps, will fill ya all in laters

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

April 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am #60

JackW wrote:
Second thing:
I agree with the first part. In a way they are rewarding hardcore collectors. However as a reflection of football, if every player on one team is better technically and physically, then it doesn't matter how good the manager is, 9/10 games, the team will still lose.