JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

October 28th, 2016, 12:02 pm #41

Harrick wrote:At Lakeside, Lewis said that the suggestion here was that he and Harry had cheated "passed a card" at the London event! What a load of bull, Harry works hard to get the very best match team he can have and to switch are card and still maybe add up to 100m in a tournament is ludicrous. No one, let alone Harry would even take the risk. And Harry is considered one of the best because he is good at it and was the Semi-Finalist at the World Championship, knocked out by Brindan who is the three time World Champion going on to win it. This is why he is so good and this is why Topps once again chose him as the MATCH ATTAX MASTER alongside Brindan at Lakeside yesterday, I'm proud of the boy!
And where the hell Lewis got the impression, at least from anything that I had said, that anyone was passed a card is nonsense...I never said anything like that at all
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Ncfclofc9
Star Player
Ncfclofc9
Star Player

October 28th, 2016, 4:04 pm #42

Harrick wrote:At Lakeside, Lewis said that the suggestion here was that he and Harry had cheated "passed a card" at the London event! What a load of bull, Harry works hard to get the very best match team he can have and to switch are card and still maybe add up to 100m in a tournament is ludicrous. No one, let alone Harry would even take the risk. And Harry is considered one of the best because he is good at it and was the Semi-Finalist at the World Championship, knocked out by Brindan who is the three time World Champion going on to win it. This is why he is so good and this is why Topps once again chose him as the MATCH ATTAX MASTER alongside Brindan at Lakeside yesterday, I'm proud of the boy!
I played Harry at the Lakeside festival and lost 6-5 despite being 5-4 up. I am 14 yearrs old. He told me it was one of the closest games at a festival this year and I was happy with that. He also gave me a few tips to improve so was very nice. Did not find him arrogant as he has spent hours picking the best team possible and practising with other people. I hope to see him at the swap and play tour in april. So much for the "elite" I just think they are very good at their craft!

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

October 28th, 2016, 5:46 pm #43

JackW wrote:
If you read what was put in the first message I said that he was told what cards we had by the person who was overseeing the game for Topps

I never said that any of the players cheated directly...but when someone tells you what cards your opponent has it is pretty easy to manipulate a game in your favour...and I am sure if that tactic was used against your child everyone here would be slightly disgruntled by that

I have no problem losing on a fair playing field but that is not very fair as far as I am concerned

I also appreciate that the Masters do put in time and effort and to play as many games as they do at these tournaments as they do and lose as few as they do is commendable and an achievement
Sorry for misreading it. But you're still implying he cheated.

October 28th, 2016, 7:24 pm #44

When I Grow Up I Wanna Be One Of The Elite

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

October 28th, 2016, 8:41 pm #45

Match Attax Mac wrote:
JackW wrote:
If you read what was put in the first message I said that he was told what cards we had by the person who was overseeing the game for Topps

I never said that any of the players cheated directly...but when someone tells you what cards your opponent has it is pretty easy to manipulate a game in your favour...and I am sure if that tactic was used against your child everyone here would be slightly disgruntled by that

I have no problem losing on a fair playing field but that is not very fair as far as I am concerned

I also appreciate that the Masters do put in time and effort and to play as many games as they do at these tournaments as they do and lose as few as they do is commendable and an achievement
I am not implying that HE cheated at all

I saw, with my own eyes, that the person who was there for Topps (who was about 18 at best) whispered to him the cards that my son had in his deck

I am not saying that he cheated at all, or indeed that the result would have been different, but seeing something like that happen clearly suggest collusion...whether it was asked for or needed

Like I have said before I have no problem with the Masters and if they are the best then that is fine....just underhand tactics like I saw is not on

That is my point
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 28th, 2016, 10:59 pm #46

alanaman wrote:Great point Pete. If is a definate unfair advantage if these cards are allowed. I completely agree with your point about the so called elite. I have met most of these kids a few times and there is no arrogance about them whatsoever. They love the game and spend hours upon hours studying the cards, the tactics and practicing so i dont understand how someone can go to a tournament and expect to win a mastercard when they havent even taken the time to read the tournament rules which are clearly printed on the stationary that comes with the binder and several other topps items. If they read those they would understand the tactic cards and away cards. Practice and hard work is the key to success, you cant just turn up and expect to beat the kids who put the time in.
I never stated we expected to turn up and win a card, Also it does not state on the how to play sheet that away kits count double. My son played a few games and each time had an opponents stating a different rule and the staff was no help.

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

October 29th, 2016, 10:04 am #47

Badge32 wrote:
alanaman wrote:Great point Pete. If is a definate unfair advantage if these cards are allowed. I completely agree with your point about the so called elite. I have met most of these kids a few times and there is no arrogance about them whatsoever. They love the game and spend hours upon hours studying the cards, the tactics and practicing so i dont understand how someone can go to a tournament and expect to win a mastercard when they havent even taken the time to read the tournament rules which are clearly printed on the stationary that comes with the binder and several other topps items. If they read those they would understand the tactic cards and away cards. Practice and hard work is the key to success, you cant just turn up and expect to beat the kids who put the time in.
I never stated we expected to turn up and win a card, Also it does not state on the how to play sheet that away kits count double. My son played a few games and each time had an opponents stating a different rule and the staff was no help.
I think that in the starter pack/collector guide, something g like that, it has info on all the subsets and states that away kits score double points.

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

October 29th, 2016, 10:06 am #48

JackW wrote:
Match Attax Mac wrote:
JackW wrote:
If you read what was put in the first message I said that he was told what cards we had by the person who was overseeing the game for Topps<br /><br />I never said that any of the players cheated directly...but when someone tells you what cards your opponent has it is pretty easy to manipulate a game in your favour...and I am sure if that tactic was used against your child everyone here would be slightly disgruntled by that<br /><br />I have no problem losing on a fair playing field but that is not very fair as far as I am concerned<br /><br />I also appreciate that the Masters do put in time and effort and to play as many games as they do at these tournaments as they do and lose as few as they do is commendable and an achievement
I am not implying that HE cheated at all<br /><br />I saw, with my own eyes, that the person who was there for Topps (who was about 18 at best) whispered to him the cards that my son had in his deck<br /><br />I am not saying that he cheated at all, or indeed that the result would have been different, but seeing something like that happen clearly suggest collusion...whether it was asked for or needed<br /><br />Like I have said before I have no problem with the Masters and if they are the best then that is fine....just underhand tactics like I saw is not on<br /><br />That is my point
That one the other hand is pretty shady. Sorry if that happened, even if it is hard to believe.

Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 29th, 2016, 10:47 am #49

Match Attax Mac wrote:
Badge32 wrote:
I think that in the starter pack/collector guide, something g like that, it has info on all the subsets and states that away kits score double points.
Ah yes I found it you can score two points for one round only, however it does not state that on the pitch rules sheet and it did not state it on the board that was at the event as I read it. There was one kid who was adamant that once we used all 11 players we had to use our subs to finish the game while another stated for a tied card you both get a goal. This is what i mean on different players stating different rules. I understand it was busy and there was limited staff but allowing this to happen will put kids off playing. This was our first festival and both me and my son only ever played on line so you can see how the confusion occurred. The online game should match the actual game play rules as this maybe the only place some people get to practice.

Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month
Match Attax Mac
Player of the Month

October 31st, 2016, 7:51 am #50

Badge32 wrote:
Match Attax Mac wrote:
Badge32 wrote:
Ah yes I found it you can score two points for one round only, however it does not state that on the pitch rules sheet and it did not state it on the board that was at the event as I read it. There was one kid who was adamant that once we used all 11 players we had to use our subs to finish the game while another stated for a tied card you both get a goal. This is what i mean on different players stating different rules. I understand it was busy and there was limited staff but allowing this to happen will put kids off playing. This was our first festival and both me and my son only ever played on line so you can see how the confusion occurred. The online game should match the actual game play rules as this maybe the only place some people get to practice.
We'll that on the other hand is just either them cheating or not knowing how to play. Just tell them they're wrong. If you've read all of the rules, then how can you possibly be wrong?