Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 25th, 2016, 4:58 pm #21

We went to Manchester today which took us just over 2 hours to get there and it was absolute rubbish. Cramped into a small area in a shopping mall. Was told you had to win two games before taking on a master which my son did eventually. Reps did not keep tabs on players. Some used teams over 100 mill while others made up rules as you went along. Even the master made sure he would not lose, straight away took out my sons top card with the injury card, Then claimed away kits count as two goals (No where in the rules did I read that one) and even mixed his subs up so we did not know who was in his 11. Total farce.

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

October 25th, 2016, 5:23 pm #22

Badge32 wrote:We went to Manchester today which took us just over 2 hours to get there and it was absolute rubbish. Cramped into a small area in a shopping mall. Was told you had to win two games before taking on a master which my son did eventually. Reps did not keep tabs on players. Some used teams over 100 mill while others made up rules as you went along. Even the master made sure he would not lose, straight away took out my sons top card with the injury card, Then claimed away kits count as two goals (No where in the rules did I read that one) and even mixed his subs up so we did not know who was in his 11. Total farce.
That is unfortunately a lesson we learnt too at the first event we went to but having been to a few now we have learnt how to deal with it and try to make sure it is a little fairer for u

The rules of live play at these events is very different to online at toppsfootball.co.uk which I think is ridiculous...surely the rules should be the same??

In live play you get TWO Tactic Cards and online you get one

The Masters seem to be able to use their Tactic Cards as and when but always claim we can not use ours at times we want to

Using the Injury Card is a fair tactic though

I appreciate that in order to win a Master Card it should be reasonably tough to win the card....but it also needs to be fair

There seems to be a little 'Elite' club of the same kids who go to all the events as Masters who stick together with their own rules....and the adult Topps representative allow the kids to get away with it...and if the rules are that the kids have to be 13/ 14 or under to compete how is it fair that the Masters are over that....if the Master who was there today and yesterday with all that facial hair is under that age I would be amazed!!

The little 'Elite' even gang up and collude with each other...last year at the Chelsea Swap and Play Tour my boy beat one of the previous Masters in a Quarter Final match only for his mate to then pass on to his other mate who we had in the next round the details of all of the cards we had in our deck so he knew which cards to play and when

This is just one of so many things that Topps do wrong that alienate so many people against them...but don't get me started on that or I will be typing until Christmas!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

October 25th, 2016, 6:19 pm #23

I thought this year that the Masters were fair and in fact I thought yesterday topps had the organisation for the Match Attax games to beat the master spot on at the Milton Keynes Topps Festival. Last year was not good at all and I have attended at least one topps october event and at least one April swap and play tour for every year they have produced the Match Attax cards, so I thought yesterday was possibly one of my best experiences at one of their events! I am 18, nearly 19 and played and beat one of the Masters yesterday so there is no age rule to have a go to try to beat the Master, it is only for the World Championship events at the Swap and Play Tours in April does the age restriction of being 14 and under apply.

The two Masters at yesterday's Topps Festival in Brindan and Ollie, are incredibly nice people and if you ask them, then they will always be happy to help give you advice and ideas about how to craft or change your team so that you stand a better chance the next time. I actually spent a long time speaking to Brindan's dad at yesterdays event and he, like Brindan, is a very lovely person who is always happy to help and explain things to you. I know how much effort Brindan has put in and for the amount of hours he has invested, so he more than deserves to be in the position he is! I myself am also happy to help explain to younger children and their parents looking to play the game how to set up a team and how to be tactical with the team in order to have the best chance of winning, as I have won a Master Card at every topps October half term event for each of the Premier League Match Attax collections.

I do agree that unfortunately there are some 'regulars' on the Match Attax World Championships/Master players that aren't particularly nice and are incredibly arrogant and big headed and they have in the past when they have been Masters have cheated to win and I myself have been on the receiving end, but a lot of those players I notice have not been invited back to be Masters at any of this years events. This year, unlike previous years, at MK there always appeared to be a member of topps staff at the games, checking how they were going and intervening if they needed to, but perhaps it wasn't as organised as yesterdays event and perhaps less staff were able to attend compared to yesterday due to the event not being as close to topps HQ, as I heard a number of staff yesterday say to colleagues they had walked from the office to get there.

Topps have also made things fairer by allowing people to only enter the World Championships in April at one venue, which means that 'elite' can no longer turn up to every event until they book their place in the World Finals. Also i believe that the online game doesn't have the capabilities to have two tactic cards or to be able to allow away kit cards to score two goals, so that is why it is different online.

By no means am I trying to defend topps here or some of the people who regularly appear on the Match Attax World Championship/Master event scenes, as I appreciate that they still have many faults (one of many is that they do need to make the rules for the event play a lot clearer and more publicised so people don't turn up and leave disappointed because they cant build a team that meets the requirements.) and I also appreciate that people may have had different experiences to me, but I do speak with experience of attending many, many, many events over the years and I do think that they aren't as bad as they used to be and that things are becoming a lot better and fairer for Match Attax players and I think that we will see further improvements at the World Championships during the April Swap and Play Tours.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

October 25th, 2016, 6:30 pm #24

Tankerton1 wrote:I thought this year that the Masters were fair and in fact I thought yesterday topps had the organisation for the Match Attax games to beat the master spot on at the Milton Keynes Topps Festival. Last year was not good at all and I have attended at least one topps october event and at least one April swap and play tour for every year they have produced the Match Attax cards, so I thought yesterday was possibly one of my best experiences at one of their events! I am 18, nearly 19 and played and beat one of the Masters yesterday so there is no age rule to have a go to try to beat the Master, it is only for the World Championship events at the Swap and Play Tours in April does the age restriction of being 14 and under apply.

The two Masters at yesterday's Topps Festival in Brindan and Ollie, are incredibly nice people and if you ask them, then they will always be happy to help give you advice and ideas about how to craft or change your team so that you stand a better chance the next time. I actually spent a long time speaking to Brindan's dad at yesterdays event and he, like Brindan, is a very lovely person who is always happy to help and explain things to you. I know how much effort Brindan has put in and for the amount of hours he has invested, so he more than deserves to be in the position he is! I myself am also happy to help explain to younger children and their parents looking to play the game how to set up a team and how to be tactical with the team in order to have the best chance of winning, as I have won a Master Card at every topps October half term event for each of the Premier League Match Attax collections.

I do agree that unfortunately there are some 'regulars' on the Match Attax World Championships/Master players that aren't particularly nice and are incredibly arrogant and big headed and they have in the past when they have been Masters have cheated to win and I myself have been on the receiving end, but a lot of those players I notice have not been invited back to be Masters at any of this years events. This year, unlike previous years, at MK there always appeared to be a member of topps staff at the games, checking how they were going and intervening if they needed to, but perhaps it wasn't as organised as yesterdays event and perhaps less staff were able to attend compared to yesterday due to the event not being as close to topps HQ, as I heard a number of staff yesterday say to colleagues they had walked from the office to get there.

Topps have also made things fairer by allowing people to only enter the World Championships in April at one venue, which means that 'elite' can no longer turn up to every event until they book their place in the World Finals. Also i believe that the online game doesn't have the capabilities to have two tactic cards or to be able to allow away kit cards to score two goals, so that is why it is different online.

By no means am I trying to defend topps here or some of the people who regularly appear on the Match Attax World Championship/Master event scenes, as I appreciate that they still have many faults (one of many is that they do need to make the rules for the event play a lot clearer and more publicised so people don't turn up and leave disappointed because they cant build a team that meets the requirements.) and I also appreciate that people may have had different experiences to me, but I do speak with experience of attending many, many, many events over the years and I do think that they aren't as bad as they used to be and that things are becoming a lot better and fairer for Match Attax players and I think that we will see further improvements at the World Championships during the April Swap and Play Tours.
If the website can not handle the 2-points for an away kit or 2 Tactic cards then why do they not change the live play rules to be the same...ie no 2-point Away Kit rule and only 1 Tactic card...really the only people who benefit from this rule is the Masters!!

There clearly is a rule as I was there pretty much all day and saw no adults playing...and when I asked the Topps rep if it was only kids who can play he said yes!

I am not having a go at you and, like you said, some of the people are OK and amiable...I am pretty sure I have also spent time at previous events talking to Brindams father, there are too many people who are, to be quite frank, at best, rude

I appreciate that the Topps staff are busy but, having spoken to MANY MANY people at these events and SERIOUS and LONG TERM collectors I could probably count on one hand the number of people who have anything positive to say about Topps and their respect for their collectors

Perhaps if Topps engaged with collectors a little better they could have a totally different brand that I am sure would be able to command the respect that their collectors in the US have for their collections!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 25th, 2016, 7:31 pm #25

Today it was under 15's only despite one of the masters looking older. Also the lad my son played was messing about under the table which i found a little suspicious. My son came away from today's event stating he never wants to go to another festival. it has put him off. Said he will stick to swap & play tours where he had more fun. If they want to keep kids interested they should make them feel more welcome.

Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 25th, 2016, 7:41 pm #26

JackW wrote:We got a Master Card with this team....this is pretty much invincible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8549u_B9U
Our side today was close with 7 you had selected. We had Bale instead of Pogba.

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

October 25th, 2016, 7:54 pm #27

Badge32 wrote:
JackW wrote:We got a Master Card with this team....this is pretty much invincible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ8549u_B9U
Our side today was close with 7 you had selected. We had Bale instead of Pogba.
The Platinum Kante with 96 defence and only £5m value means that I can add £1-£2m bonus on a few players as that card is so powerful for the value

And by using Bale at £17m you lose a lot of your budget....a card with 93-96 will win its fair share of contests and will be way cheaper than the £17m Bale price tag

And you would think that Topps would make more of an effort to make the events more enjoyable...I appreciate that they get busy but the designated space/ cordoned off area was way too small and the probably need more staff...even if they are people who just have a chat and organise things....they must make £1000s from these events...surely they can put on some more staff!

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

October 25th, 2016, 9:41 pm #28

You can win quite comfortably by still using a £17m 101 card, as I did. With Match Attax there are multiple ways of being successful, its just about how you play the cards against your opponent and recognising what they might have etc. and trying to think a few moves ahead.

Regarding the tactic cards having 2 tactic cards makes games far closer believe it or not, its simply about how you use them and how you might counter the tactic cards your opponent may have. Only having 1 would more or less defeat the objective of them in the tournament game play, because most players would pick the Agent card to add £5m to the budget in order to have more of the better players. I am not saying that everyone could and it would be the only way to win, because its not and as I have stated above, there are multiple ways of winning, but it would just make teams more predictable, so easier for experienced players such as the Master to guess the opponents team, so by having two it makes it more difficult to guess what team your opponent has and which tactic cards they have and how they will use it. I do agree regarding this years away kit cards though, due to the ratings and value of those cards it means they aren't as useful as they were last year in game play, but they are a nice feature for the collection rather than from a game play perspective.

Regarding the adults not being allowed to play rule, unfortunately that is poor communication from the staff at topps then, as here is a comment on their twitter account confirming that anyone of any age can challenged the master, that I saw they posted out a few weeks back:
S&P tournaments = U-14. Topps Festival= any age!
link to tweet: https://twitter.com/ToppsMatchAttax/sta ... 4762989568
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

October 25th, 2016, 9:57 pm #29

The Worst Thing This Year Is Hundred Clubs Being Bigger Than Other Cards

Badge32
Hat Trick Hero
Badge32
Hat Trick Hero

October 26th, 2016, 10:19 am #30

I messaged topps match attax yesterday via facebook (Don't use facebook as a rule) and got the following reply.

Hi Richard,

Firstly let me apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy the Topps Festival event in Manchester.

Unfortunately we do not have any control over the size of the area provided to us at the shopping malls and due to the overwhelming support that we had at this event, outnumbering the anticipated response, it was extremely busy for both staff and guests.

The points you have made regarding the gameplay have been noted and this will be addressed with the staff who will be working at future events and ask that if you should attend another and not be happy with a rule that you are quoted, please approach a member of Topps Staff in attendance so clarification can be made immediately. It would appear that information was miscommunicated to you on the age limit as this rule is in place for the world tournament events but not for playing the masters.

Due to the fact that you were so disappointed I will arrange for some Match Attax cards to be sent to you should you supply me your full address details.

Again I apologise to both you and your son and hope that this experience does not have a negative effect on your future enjoyment of the collection.