clem132
100 Club
clem132
100 Club

January 8th, 2014, 12:47 pm #291

a few careers are wrong Matt Jarvis has Joe Cole's career on the back, Noble has Jarvis on the back haven't got any more to check but I would suspect that Cole will have Noble's career

very poor for such a good set

stevesmith
Signature Card
stevesmith
Signature Card

January 8th, 2014, 6:48 pm #292

can i just say thanks to those that have replied to my pm's,those i need to contact again i will get round to it but i want to try and get team base sets sorted i'm missing 1 or 2 every team (would have the but parallel) so i will add a post in the trading area now.

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

January 9th, 2014, 11:14 am #293

I've just found yet another error with this set. I have a Jonny Howson Star Player Auto that quite clearly says Future Stars on the front!
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

January 9th, 2014, 11:34 am #294

harrodjon wrote:I've just found yet another error with this set. I have a Jonny Howson Star Player Auto that quite clearly says Future Stars on the front!
The Star Players autos come in 4 sub categories:

Star Players
Future Stars
Match Winners
International Icons

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

January 9th, 2014, 11:45 am #295

Yeah, but he is meant to be a star player. As denoted my the SP rather than FS in his card ID. (I'd also say that 25 is a bit old for a player to be a future star!)

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

January 9th, 2014, 11:51 am #296

Ignore me. Just seen the breakdown page on your site Alan. Makes a bit more sense now. I still feel he's too old to be a future star tho

FootballCardsIN
Fans Favourite
FootballCardsIN
Fans Favourite

January 9th, 2014, 3:38 pm #297

Hi guys, I'm new here. I've read a few comments questioning if the relics are match worn. The card clearly suggests at the back that- 'the memorabilia contained in this card is not from any specific, game event or season'. Either it isn't match worn, or they don't particularly know which match?

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 9th, 2014, 4:19 pm #298

FootballCardsIN wrote:Hi guys, I'm new here. I've read a few comments questioning if the relics are match worn. The card clearly suggests at the back that- 'the memorabilia contained in this card is not from any specific, game event or season'. Either it isn't match worn, or they don't particularly know which match?
The word there is 'event'. An event could be a press conference, public event, any type of event or event signing like they did.

I have been very interested in the Villa cards and not a single Weimann or Tonev card has included the premier league badge which leads me to believe they are event worn. I think this as both the Guzan and Benteke do contain the premier league badge so were more than likely used in a premier league game around the time topps obtained the auto's.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

January 12th, 2014, 10:23 am #299

I still don't quite understand the hype around a little cutting of shirt. I still think it would have been better to do a redemption for actual shirts?

Although by that logic, I could take one of the match worn shirts in my collection, cut it into a few hundred s***Censored***s and sell them for a fortune

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 12th, 2014, 4:56 pm #300

ashleyyoungFTW wrote:I still don't quite understand the hype around a little cutting of shirt. I still think it would have been better to do a redemption for actual shirts?

Although by that logic, I could take one of the match worn shirts in my collection, cut it into a few hundred s***Censored***s and sell them for a fortune
That can be said about anything. What's the hype of having someone scribble their name on a card? Whats the big hype of having match attax cards they are just cards with numbers?

To me it's that it represents the club and player, if it was just of any random shirt or top the player wore I couldn't care less but it's that it's of a villa jersey, same when you collect match attax or whatever what good would it be to have a player in the clothes they wear in their private life?

And they are part of a licensed set, a Ronaldo jersey card with a piece of United crest would sell for more than the majority of full match worn jerseys of most players so I the logic of that may work, if you get your shirt into a licensed set
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album