soccercardz
Star Player
soccercardz
Star Player

January 4th, 2014, 1:11 am #261

Portlaw wrote:
soccercardz wrote:Hi Sean ...

Have you received any conformation from Blowout Cards for the case? Really excited about the break ... Cheers
Yes box shipped today and is scheduled for release delivery on the 8th
Cheers ... Thank you for the confirmation

Subzero3k
100 Club
Subzero3k
100 Club

January 4th, 2014, 6:00 pm #262

Have anyone this basecards for me?

Hot shots
Fernando torres

Midfield maestros
Frank lampard
Steven gerrard

Tough tacklers
Rio Ferdinand

FORZA BVB

Keep Calm and Love BVB

MY CARDS

CardSwapper1
Masters Card
CardSwapper1
Masters Card

January 5th, 2014, 1:21 am #263

Anyone care to tell me all the Everton players involved in the set?

JZX100
i-card
JZX100
i-card

January 5th, 2014, 1:26 am #264

So, these patches on the cards are not 'game worn' but 'event worn'? Meaning that the player may have worn this over their shirt etc.. for a small amount of time just to make it event worn? As this is the case, I can't believe that the prices people are paying for the match worn cards. Seems like a case of 'a fool and his money are soon parted', to be fair to the collector it's slightly deceptive the way Topps have worded the authenticity of the patches.

I did collect the Topps MLS cards and the prices did fall dramatically, there was the initial buzz over them so the prices started off higher then pretty much died out with re-sellers not even bothering buying more cases as it wasn't feasible. As it stands there are heaps of cases of MLS, however they have not been dumped onto the market, as yet! It eventually will happen.

I was chatting with a seller from the U.S about how well the Topps MLS premier league has been gong, he informed me that majority of his sales have been from the UK so it would be easy to assume that once these cards are released in the UK the prices will fall as supply will be available for the UK market. A great marketing idea or chance of luck? Even by saying it's a 'UK & US' only release adds that extra element of wanting it now as it may not be available in your region.
Either way the UK market will have their stock soon, so the flow on effect will eventuate (prices will come down). I find it hard to fathom the prices will keep increasing given there are over 800 cases of this (overkill) and with 100's of signature cards of the players and mediocre patch cards.

I could be wrong as some of the prices of the Topps 200 - 2004 hold higher values even though they are limited to /1000 signatures. The again these Topps Premier league signature & jersey cards may end up for sale on the 'Topps Authentics' website in eight years time like the some of the cards from 200-2004 have.

Diegomanutd
Man of the Match
Diegomanutd
Man of the Match

January 5th, 2014, 2:24 am #265

JZX100 wrote:So, these patches on the cards are not 'game worn' but 'event worn'? Meaning that the player may have worn this over their shirt etc.. for a small amount of time just to make it event worn? As this is the case, I can't believe that the prices people are paying for the match worn cards. Seems like a case of 'a fool and his money are soon parted', to be fair to the collector it's slightly deceptive the way Topps have worded the authenticity of the patches.

I did collect the Topps MLS cards and the prices did fall dramatically, there was the initial buzz over them so the prices started off higher then pretty much died out with re-sellers not even bothering buying more cases as it wasn't feasible. As it stands there are heaps of cases of MLS, however they have not been dumped onto the market, as yet! It eventually will happen.

I was chatting with a seller from the U.S about how well the Topps MLS premier league has been gong, he informed me that majority of his sales have been from the UK so it would be easy to assume that once these cards are released in the UK the prices will fall as supply will be available for the UK market. A great marketing idea or chance of luck? Even by saying it's a 'UK & US' only release adds that extra element of wanting it now as it may not be available in your region.
Either way the UK market will have their stock soon, so the flow on effect will eventuate (prices will come down). I find it hard to fathom the prices will keep increasing given there are over 800 cases of this (overkill) and with 100's of signature cards of the players and mediocre patch cards.

I could be wrong as some of the prices of the Topps 200 - 2004 hold higher values even though they are limited to /1000 signatures. The again these Topps Premier league signature & jersey cards may end up for sale on the 'Topps Authentics' website in eight years time like the some of the cards from 200-2004 have.
Unnecessary...

JZX100
i-card
JZX100
i-card

January 5th, 2014, 2:43 am #266

Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this as I have paid some good $$$ for patch cards that don't seem to be game/ match used (yes, I too am a fool).

Diegomanutd
Man of the Match
Diegomanutd
Man of the Match

January 5th, 2014, 3:15 am #267

JZX100 wrote:Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

I'm only trying to get to the bottom of this as I have paid some good $$$ for patch cards that don't seem to be game/ match used (yes, I too am a fool).
No need to delete man. Honestly, you have a very good point, Topps should should improve patch cards but we should all be happy they finally released a EPL product. We should all support them so they continue to make EPL cards.

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 5th, 2014, 6:59 am #268

JZX100 wrote:Ok no problems buddy, any reason why it was Unnecessary? I would be happy to delete the post if it offends you.

Its not that deceptive, topps have been doing it in sports products for years. Why do we want a patch or jersey card from our favourite players or team? I personally want it cause i'm a fan of them and want to collect them for my collection. I've never once thought to myself I want that Guzan card cause he wore it in a match. Honestly I may be the biggest fool of everyone. My proudest cards in my collection are 2 cards of Schmeichel with the Villa crest, you could come up to me and prove that they were not match worn or even event worn but the fact that they have the villa crest is what I love about the card and theres no others like it out there and I wouldn't regret purchasing them for a second.

Of course its nicer to have it match worn and i've done my research on the schmeichel and the only pictures I can find of him in that particular jersey was against united at old trafford so i'm comfortable enough with that. I know i've given a bit of stick over the guzan production error but at the singing he was wearing an outfield jersey so maybe its not a production error at all.

Either way I feel and i'm sure others would obviously prefer all to be match worn but were collecting for the love of something personal to the player or team and not just for the match worn quality
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

clem132
100 Club
clem132
100 Club

January 5th, 2014, 10:19 am #269

does anyone know if there is a collects album for this product to store cards in ?

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month

January 5th, 2014, 12:01 pm #270

wrote:does anyone know if there is a collects album for this product to store cards in

No I don't think so, most higher end premium collections don't have binders or albums. If you want them safe you could purchase an ultra pro binder or buy top loaders and keep them in a card storing box. All these items you can buy at a moderate price on eBay.
Youtube name: matchattaxguy11

Link for my channel: Youtube channel

Trade List
Wishlist