Topps and UEFA announce partnership

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

February 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm #1

UEFA have Announced Topps have the rights for the UEFA Champions League and for the first time the UEFA Europa League rights from the 2015/2016 season for 3 years. My topps Facebook page has said to keep looking back for more news soon.
Here is the full article:

UEFA is delighted to announce that Topps are joining the licensing programme for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League for a three-year period starting from the 2015/16 season. Topps are market leaders worldwide and will be bringing their expertise to a range of products including stickers, trading cards and digital collections.

Topps have over 75 years of heritage and experience working with leading brands in sports and entertainment, including the invention of the modern-day sports trading card, which began with the release of a first set of baseball cards in 1951. Current releases include best-selling sticker collections; Topps Match Attax, the world's biggest selling sports trading card game; and Topps Kick, a global real-time digital collectable that has become one of the top-grossing licensed sports apps.
Guy-Laurent Epstein, marketing director of UEFA Events SA, described the partnership as "a new and exciting venture", adding: "We are delighted to welcome Topps to the official licensing programme of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League for the 2015–18 cycle.
"The sticker and trading card games are a great way for UEFA to connect and engage with young fans around the world. Topps offer exciting and innovative digital solutions to complement the traditional physical products, and will make a strong contribution to both the UEFA Champions League and – for the first time – UEFA Europa League brands through such licensed products."
Topps vice-president Chris Rodman said: "We are thrilled to be working with UEFA and the best of European club football. Topps are the market leaders within the collectables category, with the best-known brands for both physical and digital collections. Together with UEFA's flagship club competitions, we are looking forward to some ground-breaking new products that will excite fans young and old around the world."

I am very excited about the prospects of another Match Attax collection and a Champions League one which could be even better!! I hope they don't go silly releasing Limited Editions left right and centre, but this is very exciting news!!
The only problem is that I'm not going to have a very healthy bank balance come the end of next season with all these Match Attax collections, that is if there are Match Attax Champions League Cards!

What does everyone else think, a good move or a bad one by topps?

Cheers
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 27th, 2015, 10:51 pm #2

Great for Topps but i'll wait and see to be honest before I judge it. Topps can as we've seen with the Premier Gold and Premier Club cards step it up a notch when they want to. I'm hoping its something inbetween the Match Attax and Premier Gold/Club cards.

MatchAttaxCam
Masters Card
MatchAttaxCam
Masters Card

February 27th, 2015, 11:14 pm #3

Liked the Panini cards last few years, design probably overall better than Match Attax. However like Phil said, they can step it up a notch, it will be interesting to see which countries the cards are sold.
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero

February 27th, 2015, 11:39 pm #4

this is bad news some of the sets topps have turned over in the last few years have been shocking
can you imagine next years set of champions league cards they will have some of the teams from the qualifying rounds in it as they rush the sets out
and say good bye to the stickers album as they wont do one like panini have done
this is a sad day for football collectors
the only good thing is that they wont be 70 or 80 limited edition cards to collect for each set
i hope that panini get the licence for the premier league fingers crossed

skattered
Fans Favourite
skattered
Fans Favourite

February 28th, 2015, 5:56 am #5

Does this mean panini wont be doing champions league anymore?

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

February 28th, 2015, 6:37 am #6

Will be interesting to see how they do it - will it be similar to World Cup sets where they cover 32 teams but the "smaller" sides only get 2 or 3 cards? Will they feature English teams in it (as well as in the Premier League set)?

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

dany
Player of the Month
dany
Player of the Month

February 28th, 2015, 9:20 am #7

so now topps will publish the ucl collection all over europe i supose

dany
Player of the Month
dany
Player of the Month

February 28th, 2015, 9:26 am #8

for the uk collectors i think that the collection will have more success

cardmonster
Hat Trick Hero
cardmonster
Hat Trick Hero

March 1st, 2015, 10:06 am #9

Bad move from Topps. I am very unhappy. I believe that the CL should always belong to Panini and the same for the BPL with Topps.

Let's hope Panini steps up in the game and competes well, or they could be overtaken by Topps.

klarco
101 Card
klarco
101 Card

March 1st, 2015, 2:08 pm #10

I don't really know if its bad or good news, just waiting to see how they do it, but we can expect surely, now, some jerseys cards for CL..

https://plus.google.com/photos/11296721 ... banner=pwa
EBAY STORE ID KLARCO1983
GOOD BYE LEGENDARY CAPITANO ! JAVIER ZANETTI#4