Ryan Giggs Limited Edition Sold!

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 28th, 2009, 11:33 pm #1

A bit late but it would appear that their are now 19 Limited Editions for 0809 out there in circulation.

Ryan Giggs Limited Edition was sold by someone in Malaysia for £35 to Ebay member 'Matchattax0809' see below.

[IMG]http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9921/giggsle.th.jpg]Look here to see Ryan Giggs ebay listing

Never seen one before so must be almost a oneoff card.

Would be very interesting to know where this came from.

I'm very jealous he got it for only £37!

My name is Tom
My name is Tom

April 11th, 2009, 3:23 pm #2

:rolleyes: Just a fake one. JEALOUS? I WOULD ONLY BE JEALOUS IF HE OR SHE GOT IT DFOR £0.50 COS ITS A FAKE.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

April 13th, 2009, 12:45 pm #3

My name is Tom wrote: :rolleyes: Just a fake one. JEALOUS? I WOULD ONLY BE JEALOUS IF HE OR SHE GOT IT DFOR £0.50 COS ITS A FAKE.
Is it a fake? How do you know?

Giggs was one of the Limited Edition cards that was runoured to be part of the 'Extra' set. IMHO a lot of the Limited Edition cards were pulled due to complaints from parents on the erscalating costs of completing the set.

I suspect this Giggs card was some sort of 'Proof' card. I'm sure it would be very difficult to fake a card and hardly worth the bother in terms of what you could make from it.

Just a guess though. As i said above I'd be interested to know where it cam from if it is real.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

July 28th, 2009, 12:54 pm #4

On sale again on Ebay - Start price £299.

Extremely rare and never officially released. Must have been a sample or proof of a Limited Edition that they decided not to issue - Does not look like a fake.

I would insist on picking it up and asking where it was obtained from before parting with any cash.

Go Look

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2009, 2:00 pm #5

2 now available from ebay.

susanne120471
Regular Card
susanne120471
Regular Card

October 6th, 2009, 8:02 pm #6

I managed to get the Ryan Giggs Limited Edition card in October 2008 as part of the Sunday Mirror promotion from McColls Newsagent in Ilfracombe, Devon. I was expecting to get Jermaine Jenas but got this rare little beauty instead !
The card is in mint condition and kept in a hard PVC protective cover. Any idea of current value please ??

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

October 6th, 2009, 8:06 pm #7

susanne120471 wrote: I managed to get the Ryan Giggs Limited Edition card in October 2008 as part of the Sunday Mirror promotion from McColls Newsagent in Ilfracombe, Devon. I was expecting to get Jermaine Jenas but got this rare little beauty instead !
The card is in mint condition and kept in a hard PVC protective cover. Any idea of current value please ??
I'll go to £5 inc delivery!

No it's about £250 - £500 I'd say.

MasterOfMatchAttax
Masters Card

October 31st, 2010, 12:09 pm #8

Wow...just found this tucked away in the 08/09 thread...

Unbelievable, probably went for so little because people may have expected a later release of it or something. I remember Topps doing a website competition for uploading a video to the site. When they originally advertised it, a picture of Giggs LE was on the advert, but they later changed it to Torres...so close...