Rare 2002 Topps Premier Gold Box Break

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 17th, 2014, 4:58 pm #1

Hi all,

I managed to purchase 3 boxes of the old 2002 Topps premier gold. I'll probably sell 1 as I know these are rare and many people would like a box to get the collection themselves. But will do a 1 maybe 2 box break by the team on here. Please comment below if interested

UPDATE:

To the cost, each box cost me $30, I know, $30. I don't know if I'm deluded but that price seems exceptionally cheap to me.

So lets just go for the 3 box break eh? Cost of the boxes = $90, Shipping of boxes = $55, Customs = ??? (it is being shipped by USPS and so I've never encountered customs over 50 euro, whereas the UPS customs were 100 euro. Postage of cards = $3 (if under 100 grams) $6 (if over 100 grams) so lets just say $3 x 20= $60.

Cost: 90 + 55 + 60 = $205, lets just round that to $200 / 20 teams = roughly $10 per slot. There will be the paypal charge of 4% I believe, as it must be sent as goods and also any customs which will be incurred but payment for the customs will not be needed till the boxes arrive.

BUT there is no Chelsea or Spurs auto (thanks for the info Steve) and so the Liverpool and Southampton slot will be $15 (they have 3 auto's and the potential of an Owen, and Southampton have 2 auto's and the potential of a Le Tissier) and Chelsea and Spurs $5. As this break is relatively cheap I will not tier all teams in it and again as it is so cheap we can just random the redemption (if pulled)

Arsenal - Green6677
Aston Villa - Portlaw PAID
Blackburn Rovers - ofb1988 PAID
Bolton Wanderers - monkey76 PAID
Charlton Athletic - ofb1988 PAID
Chelsea - ofb1988 PAID
Derby County - Tollyman PAID
Everton - Green6677
Fulham - ofb1988 PAID
Ipswich Town - ofb1988 PAID
Leeds United - ofb1988 PAID
Leicester City - Tollyman PAID
Liverpool - Futeraliverpool PAID
Manchester United - bibster PAID
Middlesbrough - Tollyman PAID
Newcastle United - ofb1988 PAID
Southampton - monkey76 PAID
Sunderland - Portlaw PAID
Tottenham Hotspur - ofb1988 PAID
West Ham United - bibster PAID

Here is a checklist

http://www.soccercardindex.com/checklis ... cklist.pdf

Charlton, Fulham, Ipswich, Southampton and Liverpool all with 2 or more auto's in the set. The odds are 1:36 for auto's and 1:72 for a jersey redemption. Each box will contain 36 packs
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero
Futeraliverpool
Hat Trick Hero

February 17th, 2014, 5:03 pm #2

Cracking set this one! Happy to take LFC once you have worked out cost etc.

Great work on picking up the boxes!

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:10 pm #3

I am interested in Man Utd Sean but I need to know the cost before I can confirm.

Thanks
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

stevesmith
Signature Card
stevesmith
Signature Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:20 pm #4

sean do you realise the shirt cards were redemption cards and are not in the box?

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:40 pm #5

stevesmith wrote:sean do you realise the shirt cards were redemption cards and are not in the box?
I do indeed Steve. But as a collector I would even love a redemption card for my collection, I'm not sure how rare the redemptions are nowadays but personally I've seen more jersey cards than redemptions so I think it'd be something cool to add to your collection, especially if you have the jersey card of that player you know?

I do think I managed to get these at a good price anyway

stevesmith
Signature Card
stevesmith
Signature Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:44 pm #6

Portlaw wrote:
stevesmith wrote:sean do you realise the shirt cards were redemption cards and are not in the box?
I do indeed Steve. But as a collector I would even love a redemption card for my collection, I'm not sure how rare the redemptions are nowadays but personally I've seen more jersey cards than redemptions so I think it'd be something cool to add to your collection, especially if you have the jersey card of that player you know?

they are just a redemption card not for a named player topps just sent random cards back so it wouldn't work as part of a team slot but all of the auto's came in the box except for 2 or 3 players that had smudges with the pen i think it was ledley king and the other might have been ashley cole.

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:49 pm #7

stevesmith wrote:
Portlaw wrote:

they are just a redemption card not for a named player topps just sent random cards back so it wouldn't work as part of a team slot but all of the auto's came in the box except for 2 or 3 players that had smudges with the pen i think it was ledley king and the other might have been ashley cole.
Thanks for the update Steve. We can just random a redemption jersey if pulled

stevesmith
Signature Card
stevesmith
Signature Card

February 17th, 2014, 5:50 pm #8

you could even do the redemption as its own slot?

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 17th, 2014, 6:00 pm #9

Updated with cost information

green6677
Hat Trick Hero
green6677
Hat Trick Hero

February 17th, 2014, 6:05 pm #10