Problems with the Multipacks

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 6th, 2014, 1:26 pm #1

Hi everyone
Topps will be getting a very angry phone call from me tomorrow, i ordered 20 multipacks from click distribution and they arrived along with some other things such as boxes and tins and starter packs, and i then sat and opened the lot yesterday, and opened the multipacks first and the first multipack was fine and had 1 Ronaldo Bronze Limited Edition (I suspect this was from a different batch as it was laid on the top of the box but the rest were all lying next to each other!!) and then i continued to open the rest of the multipacks and did not get a single Ronaldo Bronze, Silver or Gold Limited Edition from the other 19 even though it says on the multipack "which Limited Edition is inside? Look out for an exclusive Bronze, Silver or Gold Limited Edition inside one of these packets!"
As you can imagine i was outraged and i am calling topps first thing tomorrow, but to top it all off in one of the multipacks i received a cut in half star player card so in effect 9 and a half cards in a packet instead of 10, it had obviously been cut in half when they cut and seal the side of the packets as it had a ridged cut like each end of the packets do!

Has anyone else experienced this problem of not getting a Ronaldo Limited Edition in their multipack whether they have ordered them in bulk or just bought one in the shops??
Many Thanks
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

April 6th, 2014, 1:30 pm #2

I had 90 multipacks, only opened 30 myself so far but not had any problems with any and not had any problems from people who brought the sealed multipacks off me

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 6th, 2014, 1:50 pm #3

Bought 3 multipacks from WH Smith and had a LE in all 3.

While you are speaking to Topps tomorrow Toby, please can you ask them about the MA Mag LE situation?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

SlimShady(srb)
Limited Edition
SlimShady(srb)
Limited Edition

April 6th, 2014, 2:04 pm #4

I am a bit off topic, with the question, so sorry about that.
Can anyone help me out with this :
-How many cards in total in England 2014 MA ? What is the breakdown of special cards, and how many are base?
-Are the only difference compared with World Stars (England players, and numbers on shirts,and lucky signed cards, or is there more? Such as number of cards,etc.
-Anyone have a checklist?
Thanks a lot.

KMoran28
Player of the Month
KMoran28
Player of the Month

April 6th, 2014, 2:11 pm #5

Shocking from Topps - they really are miles behind Panini in my book. Unbelievable how they can make such a catastrophic error. Hope you get a full refund Toby.

davowls
101 Card
davowls
101 Card

April 6th, 2014, 4:07 pm #6

bought 40 limited in everyone

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 6th, 2014, 4:21 pm #7

Interesting that no one else has had a similar problem, and i suspect that it is because i think the Limited Edition is meant to be in the last packet and they have obviously special packets with the Ronaldo's inserted in that they put there and they put the wrong packets on.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

AFC_Harry34
Star Player
AFC_Harry34
Star Player

April 7th, 2014, 8:40 am #8

Tankerton1 wrote:Interesting that no one else has had a similar problem, and i suspect that it is because i think the Limited Edition is meant to be in the last packet and they have obviously special packets with the Ronaldo's inserted in that they put there and they put the wrong packets on.
I bought 3 multipacks, limited edition was in the first pack of all of them, sadly all 3 were bronze. Reckon you'd need to buy tons to get a silver or gold one.

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 7th, 2014, 6:12 pm #9

Spoke to topps this afternoon (Sorry Catherine, completely forgot to ask about the MA Mag LE Situation, i think after i was on the phone to them for 20+ minutes they were trying to get rid of me!!) and they said that they will send me an assortment of 19 Ronaldo Bronze, Silver and Gold Limited Editions so i don't know how many i will get of each, but they said they should be with me by Wednesday this week, i will let everyone know how many of each type i got to make up the 19. Anyway they are also sending me a replacement Robben Star Player to make up for the half one that i got in one of the packets from the multipacks!
Trade List Wishlist

chuck332
Player of the Month
chuck332
Player of the Month

April 7th, 2014, 10:02 pm #10

I spoke to TOPPS today about the magazine limited & the lady on the other end told me it was definitely Rooney, the same one as in the starter pack. I said that seemed a bit strange people paying a subscription to get a card that you can already get in the starter pack, she basically said I don't make the decision