Premier League NOW 2017-18

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

12:55 PM - Aug 14, 2017 #1

The first batch are out Arsenal, Burnley, Huddersfield, Everton and Manchester United....

Topps - Topps NOW Premier League (2017-18) (01)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
101 Card

6:12 PM - Aug 14, 2017 #2

If anyone out there is collecting the Man Utd ones, I'm happy to buy a bigger bundle (which helps reduce the price per card). Otherwise I'll just buy the one for myself. pm me if you're interested in getting one...

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

8:14 PM - Aug 14, 2017 #3

I have ordered the Sam Vokes card. A nice keepsake of a result that will be remembered by Burnley fans for years to come!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Fabien
Hat Trick Hero
Fabien
Hat Trick Hero

9:29 PM - Aug 14, 2017 #4

I started to collect the Now cards at the end of this last year.

But today i made a calculation :
If you want to buy all the Now cards for the 17/18 season from Topps : it will cost you for above £ 1,900 !
- 5 (cards by week) X 10 (pounds a card) X 38 (weeks) = 1900 pounds.

I will give up to collect Now cards.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

9:52 PM - Aug 14, 2017 #5

Fabien wrote:I started to collect the Now cards at the end of this last year.

But today i made a calculation :
If you want to buy all the Now cards for the 17/18 season from Topps : it will cost you for above £ 1,900 !
- 5 (cards by week) X 10 (pounds a card) X 38 (weeks) = 1900 pounds.

I will give up to collect Now cards.
why not buy 5 of each and sell 4 for £6 each on ebay, reasonable price and you get your card for free!

Bit of effort though.

Zabolek
Limited Edition
Zabolek
Limited Edition

8:55 AM - Aug 15, 2017 #6

Question is: would you sell 4 of each card every week on eBay for £6? Then you have to deduct postage and package prices, eBay fees... for little reward.

Topps Now is simply not a set sold for the European model of collecting (i.e. getting absolutely everything in a set), but a keepsake of great results/great performances by sportsmen one likes.

Anyway, this conversation pops up every time Fabien raises the subject and everybody but one agrees to the above.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

12:07 PM - Aug 15, 2017 #7

Zabolek wrote:Question is: would you sell 4 of each card every week on eBay for £6? Then you have to deduct postage and package prices, eBay fees... for little reward.

Topps Now is simply not a set sold for the European model of collecting (i.e. getting absolutely everything in a set), but a keepsake of great results/great performances by sportsmen one likes.

Anyway, this conversation pops up every time Fabien raises the subject and everybody but one agrees to the above.
Makes sense.

They do seem to be one off's not a collection.

I have bought the ones I want from ebay.

Zabolek
Limited Edition
Zabolek
Limited Edition

9:08 AM - Aug 16, 2017 #8

Tollyman wrote:
Zabolek wrote:Question is: would you sell 4 of each card every week on eBay for £6? Then you have to deduct postage and package prices, eBay fees... for little reward.

Makes sense.

They do seem to be one off's not a collection.

I have bought the ones I want from ebay.
I would assume that's because you're after Liverpool or Dele Alli cards, which sellers will know are more in demand than cards printed for Burnley, Palace, even West Ham or Newcastle. I had missed one of the Palace cards last year (incidentally after the Liverpool game) and did not find it on eBay. There is one listing of it at the moment, where it is part of a bundle sold for £22 - not bad value if one is not outbid and if I had not the other cards... Listings for other cards oscillate between fair (£6.50) and outrageous (£17) - I'm only looking at Palace cards here.

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

2:10 PM - Aug 21, 2017 #9

Man United, Leicester, Stoke, Southampton and Huddersfield this week:

Topps - Topps NOW Premier League (2017-18) (01)

-

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

KR1972
i-card
KR1972
i-card

12:02 PM - Aug 22, 2017 #10

If anyone have an extra Man. United card from this week I would be happy to buy one.