Newcastle Swap & Play 17 April

pnchocolates
Signature Card
pnchocolates
Signature Card

April 10th, 2014, 11:40 am #1

I have never been to one of these events so I thought I would take a day off work
and have a trip to Newcastle.

Any other members attending ?

Do's & don'ts or any tips..........
Just to add, I'm not a game player

Peter J

pnchocolates
Signature Card
pnchocolates
Signature Card

April 11th, 2014, 9:39 am #2

Thanks Ethan, duly noted

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 7:18 pm #3

Excellent couple of days, went to Bolton yesterday, met Gary again, Pholla properly after not realising it was him at Villa Park the day before and then Catherine and BigErnst for the first time. Kept away from the auction and left straight after that to go to Burnley so the wife could spend a few hours visiting a friend (brownie points in the bag there ), left there around teatime and drove up to Durham, stayed there overnight, treated the wife to a meal (double brownie points :653 ) and then went to Newcastle for the day today, had a look around the town early on including going in a shop called The Back Page, well recommended if your in the area, full of books, dvds everything (all with a Newcastle bias of course), wanted to go in when we played up there but the pub took over and never got chance so this was perfect opportunity for a couple of days away with the Bank Holiday as well.

Today met pnchocolates for the first time after speaking on the phone numerous times over the last few years and also matchattaxmad who has given up with cards unfortunately and also again with pholla who caused a rumpus on the auction after having the nerve to mention that someone bidding had already won something :rofl

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 7:28 pm #4

Sounds like a good couple of days Phil. Glad you spoke to matchattaxmad - been worried cos I haven't heard from him for ages. Hope he is well?

What items were in the auction today and how much did things go for?
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

gt6943
Masters Card
gt6943
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 7:28 pm #5

What did they have in the auction Phil ?? .. did you stay for the auction
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7119187/1/

pholla65
Player of the Month
pholla65
Player of the Month

April 17th, 2014, 7:53 pm #6

Haha Phil still laughing now and the boys have got a new knicname for me:-) (what she so politely called me)

Anyway as you know they did one better today and met in the final not the semi.
Little brother Jake beat his big brother Lewis to win and get to the finals. Interesting 3 hour trip home and I have had to give Lewis the Joe Hart shirt as apparently that was the deal!!

Great week put on by TOPPS and great to meet all the FCF members at the events.

Off to Chelsea on the 3rd May

gt6943
Masters Card
gt6943
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 7:58 pm #7

pholla65 wrote:Haha Phil still laughing now and the boys have got a new knicname for me:-) (what she so politely called me)

Little brother Jake beat his big brother Lewis to win and get to the finals. Interesting 3 hour trip home and I have had to give Lewis the Joe Hart shirt as apparently that was the deal!!

A big congratulations to Jake :clap :clap

Enjoy your weekend of food and beer .. best of luck to Jake at Chelsea .. you`ll have to let us know how he gets on.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7119187/1/

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 9:36 pm #8

pholla65 wrote:Haha Phil still laughing now and the boys have got a new knicname for me:-) (what she so politely called me)

:clap It was funny the way she reacted and started getting abusive.

Glad the lads got through together and hope Jake does well at Chelsea.

Catherine, Les is fine, he stopped collecting and dumped a load of cards at the tip in bin bags. I gave him two today of Gosling and Cisse to get signed and they have been the only current season cards he's had. I've just emptied my bag and took out a Caldwell MLS base card intended for you which I forgot to give you so will stick in the post Saturday

Auction was Tim Krul Signed card which went for 3800, Jordan Henderson signed Liverpool shirt but I don't know how many that went for as me and Pete were talking and then an Ashley Young signed Match Attax shirt which went for 2000 I think it was and then some skylanders books and goodie bags

hattersfan
Masters Card
hattersfan
Masters Card

April 17th, 2014, 10:46 pm #9

Phild wrote:

:clap It was funny the way she reacted and started getting abusive.
Come on, you've got to tell us now! What happened??
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

pnchocolates
Signature Card
pnchocolates
Signature Card

April 18th, 2014, 9:18 am #10

There's Geordie hospitality for you Phil, it really was quite funny with auction lady getting abusive.
The generous northern spirit was shown to me earlier when I arrived at the car park and then realised I didn't have a
single coin in my pocket for the car park. A total stranger, a lady with 5 youngsters in tow gave me all her change £1.20 which bought me 2 hours in the car park. I did repay my debt later when this same lady was leaving the event early, as she said ''totally stressed'' with the 5 excited children clutching bundles of cards and some brand new Match Attax England Starter Packs.

Great to meet Phil after several years of conversations and many, many, trades. I'll try to catch up again when the Baggies are at Sunderland if I can escape from work.
It was also great to once again see MatchAttaxmad after a gap of several months, not the same autograph hunting at the Riverside without you !!

Nice to see Dan Gosling & Papiss Cisse spend over an hour signing autographs for probably what must have been every attendee judging by the length of the queue. This was well martialled by the Topps stewards even though I got told off twice for standing in the wrong place much to the amusement of Phil and Les.

I can't sign off without mentioning pholla65 who prompted our ''mutual friend'' to get so excited, nice to meet you and well done boys with your successes in the tournaments, still can't understand how you play that game !!

My first event has passed and I can honestly say I enjoyed the day, well done Topps for putting on a great show. Thankyou.