Match Attax World Stars 2010 - Noticable Differences

Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite
Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite

4:07 PM - May 28, 2014 #1

Having completed both Match Attax England 2014 and World Stars 2014 it's easy to see Noticable differences between both sets (old England kits and numbers on shirts). Can anyone let me know what differences apart from fewer England cards there is between the 2 World Cup sets from 2010? I recently bought myself a world stars 2010 set and was surprised to see that it was exactly the same as the England version. I assumed the card backs would be yellow as were the packets they were sold in. I feel like I've been ripped off as the set I bought was clearly listed as world stars 2010. Please help

jayce101
Masters Card
jayce101
Masters Card

4:41 PM - May 28, 2014 #2

there is no difference between those two sets
the European world stars had extra cards not available in the English set, as well as the writing on the cards being different.
I managed to complete a full world cup 2010 set with all the extra European cards

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

10:07 PM - May 28, 2014 #3

Before I sold my collection I was only a few cards short of completing all 9 editions of the world stars.

World Stars (Ireland/Scotland) - Same cards as the england set except sybia and medal not includeed. Limited edition was Torres with defence and attack in english.

World Stars (International) - Smaller set but has loads of different cards, cant remember excatly how many but its about 50ish. Has defence and attack written in 6 languages. Star player, motm and 100c written in english. Limited edition was torres with 6 languages and english limited edition.

World Stars (German) - Base set same as international version but star players etc written in german, limited edition was mario gomez with limited edition written in german (limitierte auflage)

World Stars (French) - Same as above with french language, limited edition was william gallas

World Stars (Spanish) - Sameas above with spanish language, limted edition was torrez with limited edition written as edition limitada

World Stars (Portugal) - Same as above with portuguese language, limited edition was sabrosa with limited edition written in portuguese

World Stars (Italian) - Same as above with italian language, limited edition was fabio cannavaro with italian language.

World Stars (Argentina) - Base cards same as above but with numbers on the top left hand corner of each card, star players, motm etc are like base and not shiney, language is spanish. No limited edition.

World Stars Mexico - This contained a smaller set of cards again with numbers, this set also included cards from 6 teams from the mexican league, there was also star players and motm from this league. There were 4 limited editions that are known although many believe that 6 exist, one from each of hte mexican league teams.

The world stars was a massive collection, to have all different cards you needed to have the english, international argentinian and mexican base sets and the shineys from each individual country. I was only about 8 cards short of finishing it. Those Italian MOTM cards are impossible lol. Hope this helps.

Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite
Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite

9:32 AM - May 29, 2014 #4

alanaman wrote:Before I sold my collection I was only a few cards short of completing all 9 editions of the world stars.

World Stars (Ireland/Scotland) - Same cards as the england set except sybia and medal not includeed. Limited edition was Torres with defence and attack in english.

World Stars (International) - Smaller set but has loads of different cards, cant remember excatly how many but its about 50ish. Has defence and attack written in 6 languages. Star player, motm and 100c written in english. Limited edition was torres with 6 languages and english limited edition.

World Stars (German) - Base set same as international version but star players etc written in german, limited edition was mario gomez with limited edition written in german (limitierte auflage)

World Stars (French) - Same as above with french language, limited edition was william gallas

World Stars (Spanish) - Sameas above with spanish language, limted edition was torrez with limited edition written as edition limitada

World Stars (Portugal) - Same as above with portuguese language, limited edition was sabrosa with limited edition written in portuguese

World Stars (Italian) - Same as above with italian language, limited edition was fabio cannavaro with italian language.

World Stars (Argentina) - Base cards same as above but with numbers on the top left hand corner of each card, star players, motm etc are like base and not shiney, language is spanish. No limited edition.

World Stars Mexico - This contained a smaller set of cards again with numbers, this set also included cards from 6 teams from the mexican league, there was also star players and motm from this league. There were 4 limited editions that are known although many believe that 6 exist, one from each of hte mexican league teams.

The world stars was a massive collection, to have all different cards you needed to have the english, international argentinian and mexican base sets and the shineys from each individual country. I was only about 8 cards short of finishing it. Those Italian MOTM cards are impossible lol. Hope this helps.
Wow!! I didn't realise there were so many different versions. Is there any images or links that show the different variations. It would be interesting to see if I could manage to obtain any of these other sets. I have all English limited including Walcott and Barry plus a couple of other limiteds (missing sabrosa and cannavaro). As there will be no new match attax until mid September it will keep me off the streets for a couple of months!!

jayce101
Masters Card
jayce101
Masters Card

9:35 AM - May 29, 2014 #5

i will try to put some photos of my set on
its obviously not as great as all of alans but it has a lot of extras
and I am willing to p[art with it

it includes all the English set and Tesco legends subset as well as the extras mentioned here

World Stars (International) - Smaller set but has loads of different cards, cant remember excatly how many but its about 50ish. Has defence and attack written in 6 languages. Star player, motm and 100c written in english.

Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite
Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite

10:58 AM - May 29, 2014 #6

jayce101 wrote:there is no difference between those two sets
the European world stars had extra cards not available in the English set, as well as the writing on the cards being different.
I managed to complete a full world cup 2010 set with all the extra European cards
Having checked a few images online I can now see the differences between to UK and European sets. I will check these against the 2 sets I have when I get home from work. Thanks for you info. It's been a real help. I shall post my findings later...

Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite
Larrybigbananas
Fans Favourite

5:49 AM - May 30, 2014 #7

I believe I have the the UK and Scotland / Ireland sets tho it's very hard to tell the difference. Anyone know where I can obtain a full set of international world stars from??

paradogs77
Masters Card
paradogs77
Masters Card

11:01 AM - May 30, 2014 #8

you can check different Versions of Messi here https://picasaweb.google.com/1057631288 ... 3873/Messi

and some Robinhos (Base/ motm) here https://picasaweb.google.com/1057631288 ... 73/Robinho

I am still looking for some of these cards too,
would be great to finish them 4 years later...
Especially looking for the italian Messi

# 2010 Topps Match Attax World Stars – Italian Version
Uomo Partita: Podolski,
Top 100: Messi

# 2010 Topps Match Attax World Stars – Argentina Version
Figuaras del Partido: Podolski
Club 100: Ronaldo
WANTED: Messi
SELLING: PLAYER COLLECTIONS, TEAM LOTS, SINGLES.... http://picasaweb.google.com/paradogs77/
Feedback / Trade List / Wish List

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

1:39 AM - Jun 03, 2014 #9

I sold my almost full set to forum member tobygan, he should be able to post pictures. The german, french and international versions are relatively easy to complete, the spanish and mexican a little harder and the portuguese, italian and argentinian are a nightmare. There were so few of these cards sold in their relative countries, they are so hard to find.

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

1:50 AM - Jun 03, 2014 #10

@Larrybigbananas, Just found an argentinian ferdinand star player card lying in the shed, its not damaged. PM me your address and you can have it to start your collection off. The Argentina cards were strange ones, there was no foil at all and a lot of them were cut badly therefore the picture is a little off on a lot of cards.