Match Attax Mag

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 5th, 2014, 10:02 am #1

So we were told there would be a bronze LE free with the mag this week, which we think is Rooney.

My magazine has arrived today and the LE is now free next week instead. Inside where the tokens are included are the blackout versions of the silver and gold cards. You need 10 tokens for silver and a further 10 for gold.

The cards are obviously Rooney. The silver is going to be available through Print Me and the Gold is free with the starters. So why would people pay £40 in mags to get the tokens to get 2 cards you can buy for £4 each?

I would love Topps to come out and explain this one...
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Matt
101 Card
Matt
101 Card

April 5th, 2014, 10:32 am #2

bibster wrote:So we were told there would be a bronze LE free with the mag this week, which we think is Rooney.

My magazine has arrived today and the LE is now free next week instead. Inside where the tokens are included are the blackout versions of the silver and gold cards. You need 10 tokens for silver and a further 10 for gold.

The cards are obviously Rooney. The silver is going to be available through Print Me and the Gold is free with the starters. So why would people pay £40 in mags to get the tokens to get 2 cards you can buy for £4 each?

I would love Topps to come out and explain this one...
If this is the case, this is shocking by Topps and I believe they should refund everyone. The majority have only subscribed for the Limited Editions, and if they are available elsewhere, they have wasted their money and been cheated by Topps. By the sounds of it, Topps are getting worse and worse. :S

chris.jlee
100 Club

April 5th, 2014, 7:55 pm #3

Are we sure Rooney Silver LE is with Print me ? That would mean the Toure LE from MAE hasn't been up for long, or will you get a choice between the two ?
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 5th, 2014, 8:49 pm #4

chris.jlee wrote:Are we sure Rooney Silver LE is with Print me ? That would mean the Toure LE from MAE hasn't been up for long, or will you get a choice between the two ?
It is advertised on the back of the England 2014 sticker album Chris as being Rooney. The Print Me cards will have the yellow border like the MA England 2014 cards do, so presuming the Toure offer will still run for the Premier League version of the Print Me cards.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 6th, 2014, 12:13 am #5

I think that they have just used the rooney pic for the magazine. I would say it will be someone completely different if rooney is available elsewhere, they need an incentive to keep people subscribing.

AFC_Harry34
Star Player
AFC_Harry34
Star Player

April 12th, 2014, 8:56 am #6

What about Van Persie, is he in the match of the day mag coming up?

Matt
101 Card
Matt
101 Card

April 12th, 2014, 9:42 am #7

AFC_Harry34 wrote:What about Van Persie, is he in the match of the day mag coming up?
I believe Van Persie is being given out in Match of the Day Magazine on the 26th April, so I don't think it'd be him. It does seem as though it will be Rooney, which if it is, really isn't acceptable from Topps.

chris.jlee
100 Club

April 12th, 2014, 12:13 pm #8

bibster wrote:
chris.jlee wrote:Are we sure Rooney Silver LE is with Print me ? That would mean the Toure LE from MAE hasn't been up for long, or will you get a choice between the two ?
It is advertised on the back of the England 2014 sticker album Chris as being Rooney. The Print Me cards will have the yellow border like the MA England 2014 cards do, so presuming the Toure offer will still run for the Premier League version of the Print Me cards.
Thanks Catherine, didn't spot this post earlier, after having my initial order cancelled I managed to get the Toure off ebay for less than the Print me cost so all good.
Trusted Traders: Stevesmith, l1sboa, Mariocamb13, Lambokeenie, MasterofMatchAttax, spursdave, Jayce101, gt6943 x 4, monkey76, CharlesHK, JRDuck, Amigo x 8, Alanaman, Garners-great-deals 2012 x 2, NFFC_9, Bibster.
chris.jlee's feedback:
CTID.

clem132
100 Club
clem132
100 Club

April 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm #9

didn't even receive my copy this week

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 12th, 2014, 3:35 pm #10

Got mine, two packs of world cup cards and I got a RVP motm. Between the tour and the magazine I have a huge stack of these cards now including motm and 100c and I havent bought a single packet. This is going to end up like the last world cup match attax set where the market is flooded with cheap rubbish!