richt11
Fans Favourite
richt11
Fans Favourite

10:53 AM - Apr 19, 2014 #11

Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T

chriskeens
Player of the Month
chriskeens
Player of the Month

12:41 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #12

richt11 wrote:Hi all, I have several issues with the wording on and in the magazine (not just the copy that arrived this morning).
I was wondering if anyone has similar thoughts and had or was going to bring it to the attention of topps. The only reason that I subscribed was due to the limited editions and cards, and now I have to agree with many other posters that I feel ripped off with the Match Attax England situation.
1) On the front cover of the magazine it states = 2 Packs and then "More free cards than ever before!" This is factually incorrect. As they are giving away 2 packs only containing 5 cards in each, surely topps can not actually make this statement.
2) On the token page which now shows images of Rooney Bronze, Silver and Gold, it contains the wording "How to collect your EXCLUSIVE limited edition cards with this magazine" Therefore again this is factually incorrect in my opinion. If as we are led to believe the silver is available with print me, and the gold as we know is in starter packs, then again Topps are being misleading with their statements.
If anyone can give me any feedback and thoughts on this - I will be wording a message to topps over the next day or so.
Many thanks and hopefully we can prompt topps into actually rewarding subscribers with 'exclusive' items again.
Rich T
I contacted Topps about this last week as I was also feeling mislead, especially with the "more free cards than ever' statement. Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards currently being included.

I still haven't had a response from them yet so I might have to chase it up.
My Premier Gold 2014 Everton Collection
(Wanted for this collection: Howard Auto 'Base' '/99' and any Everton '1/1')

My Premier Gold 2014 (auto) Collection

My Premier Club 2015 Everton Collection

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

Skipper
Star Player
Skipper
Star Player

3:28 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #13

I had my say on the current free card situation with the Match Attax mag last week - I'm less than happy with it and would rather they were still sending MA Extra packs out. Even if it was a single 10 card MA England pack they sent that would significantly up the odds of finding a MOTM or 100 Club card inside each week. The 5 card packs are nearly always full of pretty dull base cards in my finding.

I assume everyone else got a free England 2014 sticker album with this weeks mag - a couple of weeks too late for me as I'd already send off for the starter pack of stickers when Topps Direct emailed that £1-and-free-postage code last month.

richt11
Fans Favourite
richt11
Fans Favourite

4:22 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #14

So again Topps are not actually giving subscribers anything exclusive with the album. I would imagine many people would have already purchased the album (if they intended to). Actually thinking about the 'more cards than ever before' statement, that implies that they should be giving away more every week!! I think that Topps haven't really thought this out. I would be interested to hear the response Topps give to everyone who complain about this.

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

4:30 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #15

Rooney is with the print me. Its on the back of the sticker album. Does anyone have topps email address and I will complain too.

EthanB reds
Player of the Month
EthanB reds
Player of the Month

5:08 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #16

I actually got a MOTM in both my 5 player packs for the second week running. Am cancelling my subscription anyway
My Wishlist
My Tradelist
My Trading Feedback

My Ebay Page

Completed Collections: Champions League 09 10, Match Attax 12 13, Match Attax 13 14, Match Attax 13 14 Extra, Champions League Stickers 13 14, Match Attax 14 15

Player collections: Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson

hattersfan
Masters Card
hattersfan
Masters Card

5:25 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #17

chriskeens wrote:Even with my simple maths skills I can tell that the 15 cards (1 normal pack of 10 + the extra pack of 5) is less than the 2 packs of 5 cards (10) currently being included.
I think you were right about your simple maths skills! How is 15 less than 10??
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

5:34 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #18

@alanaman, Alan here is topps email address: info@toppsfootball.co.uk
I am also going to complain with the hope that if enough of us do so, they may actually change things!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

xavi101
Signature Card
xavi101
Signature Card

5:37 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #19

i am also going to complain as i never received my toure bronze limited edition
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 6904882/my Wishlist
http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Cards/topic/6916863/ my Tradelist
My player collections are: Lionel Messi Robin Van Persie Joe Hart Xavi Hernandez Francesc Fabregas Mario Gotze
Pm me if you have any of those players or anything on my wishlist
Trusted Traders:Holden8Klasnic17x5,bibster,dom9LFC,monkey76,jayce101x2,Lucasyatx3, davidt92,harry1878,hattersfan,mrmatchattax,aussiegergy,siege27,matchattaxfanatic,ho123wang(protected badly),Slimshady(srb)x2,turboboy94

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

6:38 PM - Apr 19, 2014 #20

They'll be getting an email from me as well about it. Its disgusting and i'm wondering if they are falling foul of any Trades Description laws with their false advertising about the exclusive Limited Edition cards which is the only reason most people subscribed to it.