Match Attax Limited Editions

safariman
101 Card
safariman
101 Card

February 16th, 2016, 9:32 pm #1

I would like to know how other collectors / suppliers feel about Match Attax policy to produce the limited editions in Gold silver and bronze throughout their collections. Personally I think it needs to change - I would far prefer a set of limited editions of numerous individuals rather than say 5 gold silver and bronze of the same player in different positions. Will also remove the total waste of getting tons of worthless bronze limited editions - sure I know it will drop sales on Multipacks etc but only if they only have the same limited throughout the product. Why not bring out multipacks with say the chance of 8 different limiteds and 4 different in the tins etc etc. They could then rather make it a total of 20 Limited editions for the PL - 1 from each team instead of the same old 5 teams it always is. CL could then be one for every qualifying team also distributed throughout the different products thus making it a win / win situation for them as far a sales go and us as far as collecting them. They can also make some rarer than others (top 5 teams)

Also for the game play it will be better - why should the same player have different ratings

look forward to others views. Maybe if there is a a positive trend towards change maybe we can use this forum as a means to let topps know what collectors really want.

Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

robjones1973
101 Card

February 16th, 2016, 9:45 pm #2

I totally agree with this. I don't see the point of the Gold, Silver and Bronze cards. One player from all twenty teams is a much better idea.

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 16th, 2016, 10:35 pm #3

For the Premier League/ Champions League Match Attax 1 per club would be great, the gold, silver, bronze is purely a money making exercise for Topps, no other excuse for it.

They managed it in Germany for the Bundesliga collection but even there now they have 3 versions of some.

KarlHungus
Hat Trick Hero
KarlHungus
Hat Trick Hero

February 17th, 2016, 12:18 am #4

Phild wrote:For the Premier League/ Champions League Match Attax 1 per club would be great, the gold, silver, bronze is purely a money making exercise for Topps, no other excuse for it.

They managed it in Germany for the Bundesliga collection but even there now they have 3 versions of some.
Phil, just curious as to why you would say that the gold-silver-bronze limited editions setup is a money making exercise for Topps? I don't really get what would be the difference in production costs and sales for - let's say - 5 players in gold-silver-bronze or 15 players with only one limited edition?
In fact, I think that Topps would sell more tins/starter packs/mega packs/... if there were more players and different cards to be found in these.

Anyway, I agree with everyone here. I'd rather see more players with one limited card than a few players in gold-silver-bronze.

LFC1892
Fans Favourite
LFC1892
Fans Favourite

February 17th, 2016, 1:57 am #5

I think it's a rip off this G,S,B malarkey. Agree with Phil and the others.

Why not just make 20 Gold cards representing each of the Premiership teams.

We can all enjoy the hobby better that way without stressing over completing the whole lot.

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

February 17th, 2016, 7:30 am #6

Ok well i think the bronze silver and gold is an excellent idea. Makes getting them that extra bit special.

If there was 20 versions as suggested how would these be distributed? Would the same method be used as now but the tins / multi packs still guarentee a limited card but it could be one of 5/6?

safariman
101 Card
safariman
101 Card

February 17th, 2016, 8:58 am #7

I would say 8 different in multipacks 4 different in tins 2 with each binder 5 in different boxes making these the 5 hardest to get and then I believe Topps miss out big time on the Christmas market I think they should have a extra special Christmas giftbox with 1 limited and maybe a extra subset of International Stars only in this giftbox

Currently you have to buy at least 8 - 10 Multipacks if not more to get gold silver bronze and always end up with 5+ extra useless bronze or silver cards. This way you buy 8-10 multipacks you have have all 8 or at least 6 making it much fairer and better I feel. Same applies to tins etc.
Tracitradings - The home of Discounted Trading Cards - www.tracitradings.co.uk

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 17th, 2016, 11:03 am #8

KarlHungus wrote:
Phild wrote:For the Premier League/ Champions League Match Attax 1 per club would be great, the gold, silver, bronze is purely a money making exercise for Topps, no other excuse for it.

Phil, just curious as to why you would say that the gold-silver-bronze limited editions setup is a money making exercise for Topps? I don't really get what would be the difference in production costs and sales for - let's say - 5 players in gold-silver-bronze or 15 players with only one limited edition?
In fact, I think that Topps would sell more tins/starter packs/mega packs/... if there were more players and different cards to be found in these.

Anyway, I agree with everyone here. I'd rather see more players with one limited card than a few players in gold-silver-bronze.
I agree Topps "may" sell more items if they put different players into different items however the way it is set up at present bearing in mind that not everyone buys cards off the internet (something some companies in this country don't seem to like, my opinon obviously) and there are still many many people who purchase in shops, supermarkets etc who everytime they purchase for example a multipack get a bronze limited edition then their child or children depending how many they have will always want another one to see if they can get that elusive gold limited edition, costs add up when its done like that.

Renko
Hat Trick Hero
Renko
Hat Trick Hero

February 17th, 2016, 1:26 pm #9

Having some of the Champions League gold limited editions available only in packets makes the series uncompletable. My kids realise they're not going to get the cards (a gold ltd is 1 in 320 packets or something similarly astronomical) and aren't really bothered by the limiteds; whereas they'd devotedly strove to get the more obtainable limiteds in Premier League.

Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

February 17th, 2016, 2:22 pm #10

I have complained to topps and expressed to get all the limited editions cards not available via promotions you would need to buy in excess of 2000 packets.

I received the following statement

All LE cards are classed as a bonus feature within the collection.

Due to the nature of the cards only limited stock has been included within the distribution of the cards.