MatchAttaxMaster101
Masters Card

February 27th, 2014, 6:41 pm #61

I thought that (the vlaar thing) definitely not acceptable.

how to exclusion crisis such bad quality stuff is on demand to mum

Big Red
Fans Favourite
Big Red
Fans Favourite

February 27th, 2014, 6:44 pm #62

If they thought this would be good enough they shouldn't have bothered with an Extra set this year.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

February 27th, 2014, 7:11 pm #63

It's just an....inexplicable set. Why not wait 2 weeks and put out accurate cards? Holtby at Spurs? Odemwingie at Cardiff? Fabio at Utd? Berbatov....Senderos....Essien? Dempsey a star signing when he's already gone again?

At least it's only 166 cards (as far as I can see?) so it'll be easy to pick up off the bay of e...

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

February 27th, 2014, 7:23 pm #64

I can't believe they included Jose Campana for Palace. Nice kid, but he barely played for us and his last appearance was I believe the 21st October. He went off to Nurnberg on loan (to get some games) for the rest of the season in January.

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero

February 27th, 2014, 8:33 pm #65

I'm always surprised about the cards that have been photoshopped, although it's even the case with the Premier Gold set
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

February 27th, 2014, 9:17 pm #66

Only just seen the comments about there being updates with a promotion for New Signing cards and surely topps are just shooting themselves in the foot and creating more work for themselves by then having to organize a promotion and having to make more new cards!
I would guess along with Mata there would also be Shane Long, Mohamed Salah, Ryan Bertrand, Lacina Traore and Antonio Nocerino on a sheet of 6 cards and then there are still plenty more other signings that would miss out still like Marco Borrellio etc. so surely there would have to be a fair few sheets over 4 or 5 days?!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

February 27th, 2014, 9:25 pm #67

Topps use photoshop cards in every match attax set so that they can produce the cards before the player has actually played. Some are more obvious than others.
I know they wanted to get this set out early so it didn't clash with the England set. But world stars was released before extra. They could easily have released the England set at the same time (seeing as it no different) and then released Extra in late March as usual. No?
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

Big Red
Fans Favourite
Big Red
Fans Favourite

February 28th, 2014, 12:19 pm #68

Just one question when is Topps contract with the FA up?

CardSwapper1
Masters Card
CardSwapper1
Masters Card

February 28th, 2014, 8:33 pm #69

Very very poor by Topps, No new signings is a joke! Must be the first extra set without them. All Everton cards in the set seem to be okay. Naismith, Stones and Oviedo SU, McGeady SS with Lukaku and Barkley as game changers. Coleman MOTM (Should be after his amazing form this year) Only real fault I can say for Everton's side is not including Joel in it. Made 2 appearances when Howard got sent off. No Hibbert in the set either. Must be the first ever time Tony Hibbert has been left out of a MA set

UKBasedCollector
Player of the Month
UKBasedCollector
Player of the Month

March 3rd, 2014, 1:35 am #70

harrodjon wrote:Topps use photoshop cards in every match attax set so that they can produce the cards before the player has actually played. Some are more obvious than others.
I know they wanted to get this set out early so it didn't clash with the England set. But world stars was released before extra. They could easily have released the England set at the same time (seeing as it no different) and then released Extra in late March as usual. No?
There is no two ways about it. Topps photoshopping players is wrong for so many reasons. They have done this for a number of years now and is thoroughly unprofessional. Have come to expect nothing less from Topps.