caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero

February 25th, 2014, 10:53 pm #31

i think david moyes has hade a say in the set as he destroying everthing at the moment

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

February 25th, 2014, 11:31 pm #32

Very dissapointed with set and i just hope the world cup set will see topps redeem themselves as some of choices they have made are rediculous! Started breaking one of four boxes this evening and will try to finish the others tomorrow but i am dissapointed in the effort topps have made, as i thought the main collection was oneof the best they have produced for some time!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

February 26th, 2014, 7:46 am #33

Toby
From seeing the World Cup checklist, I don't think they will redeem themselves with that. I don't know how they can justify any team having only 2 cards! Apart the England players, I feel that is also a poor effort.
Maybe Topps should just hand production over to their American team. Premier Gold wasn't perfect, but a mass market retail version would work
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

February 26th, 2014, 12:38 pm #34

Very interesting tweet from Topps...
"Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced"

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 26th, 2014, 12:46 pm #35

harrodjon wrote:Very interesting tweet from Topps...
"Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced"
Yeah, that was in reply to my moan at them last night :clap

MyTopps ‏@MyTopps 8m

@wbastav Juan Mata will be available with the new Match Attax Extra collection in a promotion to be announced

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

February 26th, 2014, 12:47 pm #36

I laughed out loud when they tweeted me that response!

I wonder how many more new signings will be in the promotion? So they expect people to buy packs that don't have the new signings in and then do a promotion which I am guessing will be a newspaper promo, to get jagged edged versions as it was an after thought...
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero

February 26th, 2014, 12:51 pm #37

Just seems odd they don't wait a couple of weeks until the end of the transfer window 'til they finalise the lists
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 26th, 2014, 12:52 pm #38

Not doing themselves any favours this year, poor Extra collection, poor World Stars collection to be followed by an identical Match Attax England collection (with different coloured backs no doubt !!).

From a company well known for trading cards over the years they are shocking here. Maybe they need a few people to transfer from Topps in the US to help them back on track over here or start asking collectors opinions on things from time to time and actually listening to them.

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

February 26th, 2014, 1:15 pm #39

Topps US produce some really good cards. Topps Europe should let the US department produce the cards and then just overlay the game element themselves afterwards

Big Red
Fans Favourite
Big Red
Fans Favourite

February 26th, 2014, 1:34 pm #40

Right my local shop had them out today, so I got it not much to say really very dissapointing no Mata or Squad updates for likes of Stockdale, Pantilimon Burn etc the Limited Edition I got is gold Yaya Toure still could have done much MUCH better.