LFC1892
Fans Favourite
LFC1892
Fans Favourite

September 23rd, 2015, 12:00 am #11

Hi, new here but thought I'd throw in my tuppence worth anyways.

In my opinion, UEFA screwed up massively in giving TOPPS the contract for CL series.

I have been collecting the Prem version since 09/10 season and the Panini since WC 2002, suffice to say the invention side of things always won by Panini. Topps are very limited when it comes to new ideas and what not. If you look for example at the German Bundesliga series and the Premier league one they are almost identical. If not one of them will use the same design of the other a year later. So they keep exchanging ideas without coming up with new ones.

This year we as collectors will have to deal with Topps and it's repetitivness on two different collections.

At the end of the day UEFA are looking to line up their pockets and TOPPS probably offered more £££ to get the contract. Such a shame.

Zabolek
Limited Edition
Zabolek
Limited Edition

September 23rd, 2015, 8:34 am #12

LFC1892 wrote:Topps are very limited when it comes to new ideas and what not. If you look for example at the German Bundesliga series and the Premier league one they are almost identical. If not one of them will use the same design of the other a year later. So they keep exchanging ideas without coming up with new ones.
I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but Panini does exactly the same for both their stickers and cards collections. Take the Calciatori album (Italian Serie A) from one year, and the same design will be used for all the European albums the year after.

Same with the Adrenalyn XL cards; what's used in Spain or Italy one year is reused the year after for France, Poland and where-nots.

dany
Player of the Month
dany
Player of the Month

September 23rd, 2015, 1:13 pm #13

do we know something new about this collection?

LFC1892
Fans Favourite
LFC1892
Fans Favourite

September 23rd, 2015, 3:25 pm #14

Zabolek wrote:
LFC1892 wrote:Topps are very limited when it comes to new ideas and what not. If you look for example at the German Bundesliga series and the Premier league one they are almost identical. If not one of them will use the same design of the other a year later. So they keep exchanging ideas without coming up with new ones.
I don't want to play the devil's advocate, but Panini does exactly the same for both their stickers and cards collections. Take the Calciatori album (Italian Serie A) from one year, and the same design will be used for all the European albums the year after.

Same with the Adrenalyn XL cards; what's used in Spain or Italy one year is reused the year after for France, Poland and where-nots.
wrote:Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realise that becasue I don't collect Panini stickers for European leagues, only WC & Euro cup. As for Ad XL the earliest I have is Euro 2012. Good to know. Will keep an eye on the 365 cards when they arrive.

FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero
FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero

October 3rd, 2015, 8:52 pm #15

Apparently it is released in JANUARY!!!

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

October 3rd, 2015, 10:50 pm #16

Thats what I was also told, surprised if it does turn out to be true. Would have thought it was in the best interests of Topps to get it out before Christmas to take advantage of the run up by selling more tins and other items which people would buy as presents.

dany
Player of the Month
dany
Player of the Month

October 9th, 2015, 8:10 pm #17

I have heard that the nordic edition will be released at the end of october first of november!!!

Do you know something else??

elcid
Player of the Month
elcid
Player of the Month

October 10th, 2015, 8:19 am #18

Germany release date is 19th November according to my supplier there.

They appear to have numerous products:
- regular packs
- booster box (60 cards + LE)
- blister pack (25 cards + LE)
- multi-pack (25 cards + LE)
- mini tin (30 cards + LE)
- tin (70 cards + LE)
- starter pack (5 cards + LE)

dany
Player of the Month
dany
Player of the Month

October 10th, 2015, 5:06 pm #19

An australian ebay seller is selling now the starter pack of the standard collection!!!!

5th of november australian release!!!!!