Match Attax 14-15

Big Red
Fans Favourite
Big Red
Fans Favourite

March 5th, 2014, 2:53 pm #1

I know it's probably too early to be talking about next years set and that it's may not be in the right spot yet, however with Topps appaling set of Extras this year, I was just wondering what people think Topps could do to make up fr it. For me it would be not photoshopping anymore, wait the extra week or two too get the players , I like their card design just get rid of the 1 on 1 stats etc they ruin good designs.
I think they will be orange going on the colours since their first set Red, blue, orange, green, black, red lightning, and their best yet this years blue design. they should pick a layout and stick with i.e. moving the manager cards all around one set they're with the squad the next they're at the back, for me I'd like it if they didn't bother with the extra set just wait until the teams release their 23 man squad and do them although that might be too many.
Thoughts anyone, again sorry if you think it's too early but I just had to put it out there.

elcid
Player of the Month
elcid
Player of the Month

March 5th, 2014, 2:57 pm #2

A short delay with a full set with no blatant photoshopping would be much better in my view. But their on-going plan to win out against Panini could make things worse not better!

Renko
Hat Trick Hero
Renko
Hat Trick Hero

March 5th, 2014, 5:06 pm #3

I'm not collecting the Extra set because it is such an awful rushed mess. This is a shame as the regular set are the best design Topps have had.

I intend emailing Topps customer service with my views (and I encourage others to do the same). Which include waiting for the end of the transfer window, and not photoshopping players. I'd be happy with players in their away kit and I don't know why Topps have such an aversion to this (they aren't so fastidious with goalkeeper change kits ;))

I know collectors are not the key target audience, but when children are questioning why there aren't certain players, why others who have transferred are included, and even why players are with the wrong teams (Lewis Holtby as a Tottenham update is especially ridiculous) its clear the Extra set is substandard.
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

March 5th, 2014, 5:25 pm #4

This years Extra set (and by the look of World Stars, the England set) is just the way that Topps are going. I wouldn't expect any improvements with next years collection.
For what I would like to see, I agree with what's been said regards the photoshop and the waiting.
For a plus point tho, I fully expect another Premier Gold collection. Hopefully this will continue to be produced by Topps USA. If only they made the Match Attax too
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

robjones1973
101 Card

March 5th, 2014, 9:32 pm #5

There is a customer survey on Topps website at the moment, it is asking for things you would add and change on their Match Attax collections. They might not listen but they say everyone that enters will get something free.
http://www.toppsfootball.co.uk/news/Top ... tionsurvey

Big Red
Fans Favourite
Big Red
Fans Favourite

March 6th, 2014, 12:57 pm #6

Thanks for sharing Rob, I did the survey won't get anything as I'm outside the UK and it does say it finished Monday but hopefully they pay attention. I agree about the away kits I wouldn't mind seeing one or two if it means no photo shopped cards, my only problem is I'd want Warrior to improve their away kits! Ha-ha Also I think I too shall e-mail Topps

caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero
caveboydave
Hat Trick Hero

March 6th, 2014, 9:19 pm #7

there is only one thing they could do to make it a better set and that is give it to panini
every year they get worst and the sticker set i dredd to think what that will be like next season will there be anuff stickers to make a team out of
they may make a 5 aside set for each team
as for the match attax i know one thing the limited edition cards will be gerrard/hart/toure/giggs just like every other year

jaxattax
100 Club
jaxattax
100 Club

March 7th, 2014, 11:41 pm #8

My two boys are both ten. This season is the first Match Attax collection we have bothered with, purely because they look so nice and the main collection is good.
The Extra collection is a disaster however, but the main collection also poor in ways, for example . . . . .

Ryan Giggs cards being one offs in a magazine nothing to do with Topps?
How about the trophy and error cards only appearing in special 5 packs, again with a magazine nothing to do with tops?
The gerrard tins?
Also think the extra ten pack for a 5er is a shambles! What is point in it?

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

March 8th, 2014, 8:04 am #9

As far as limited editions/trophy/error cards with Match of the Day magazine goes, it's been this way for many years and I fully expect it to continue
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble