Ligue 1 Chipz de Foot!

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

June 30th, 2013, 8:56 pm #1

Evening all
As you may be aware because of my other post in a different section of the forum, i have been to France this weekend and i was at the Euro Tunnel terminal in Calais and browsing WH Smith over there and found that Topps have made their first move in the market of Ligue 1 football in France, by producing Chipz de foot, like the bundesliga chipz (exactly like them!!) I picked up 2 packs of 5 chipz for 2.50 euros each.
There are 240 chipz to collect and i will try and provide images in the first part of the week as i have only just got back.
on another note does anyone think topps will now push for the license to produce cards when Panini's licence expires in france?
Many Thanks
Toby
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

June 30th, 2013, 10:27 pm #2

You'll find a checklist for this collection here:

http://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.c ... -foot.html

Alan

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

hattersfan
Masters Card
hattersfan
Masters Card

July 1st, 2013, 4:41 pm #3

I bought the starter pack for these when I was at the euro tunnel in feb, nice set. Love the LEs.
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

K-Schwein
Signature Card
K-Schwein
Signature Card

July 1st, 2013, 5:41 pm #4

Had no clue these existed, nice find thank you for sharing!

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

July 2nd, 2013, 6:35 am #5

Thanks for the checklist alan thats great. I will look for more when i next go across at the end of the month
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

K-Schwein
Signature Card
K-Schwein
Signature Card

July 2nd, 2013, 10:21 pm #6

Here's the official website (in French)

http://www.chipzdefoot.fr/

Pretty nice. It has photos of all chipz in the collection and additional binder covers to download including one with David Beckham

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

July 3rd, 2013, 3:53 pm #7

thanks for that info K-schwein. it appears there were updates that were released in Gulli magazine, a magazine that i have never really seen before, did anyone pick these up?? I believe the updates were the stickers for the magnets if my french serves me correctly and that you could use the stickers to stick on other magnets like swaps or players that have left.
Trade List Wishlist

Zabolek
Limited Edition
Zabolek
Limited Edition

July 4th, 2013, 10:05 am #8

You're right, that was a sticker sheet with 22 players you could apply on your swaps or transferred players from the same team (for consistency).

It would be interesting to know when the news was added though. Judging by the creation date of the covers (yes, had to dig deep for that one, very bad marketing campaign from Topps...), it would be mid-March. Gulli is the cartoon TV channel, not too surprising you didn't come across the magazine if you were looking at the sports section.