Masters Card

April 2nd, 2017, 10:54 am #52

what age what ? me i'm 47

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 2nd, 2017, 10:56 am #53

I am studying a sports business degree and it concerns me that you don't appear to know your consumer market!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

April 2nd, 2017, 11:04 am #54

To find out the value of a card why do you put it in as an auction it actually follow you on ebay as you do have some really good stuff and forgive me if I'm wrong but you have never listed a medium to top end card a as this type,

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

April 2nd, 2017, 11:07 am #55

I have run my own business for nearly 20 years

I know that upsetting your customers is BAD business....and anyone who would be buying top end cards is more than likely to be a member of this group

And whilst I am sure we have all spent good money on cards NOBODY would have spent more than £1000 on a card...so valuations of £20000 are crazy
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

April 2nd, 2017, 11:13 am #56

And also anyone who knows about business would be aware of the Trade Descriptions Act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/29 this is the link for info

Listing a card as 1 of 1...when you know it is not is in breach of this

Listing the Sturridge card as 1 of 100 is also factually incorrect

Just two examples of multiple inaccuracies/ lies that are amongst the many listings you have

Perhaps trying to engage with people on here, reading some of the posts and reseraching your product and market you might be able to correct some of these errors...but perhaps you have no interest in doing so!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 2nd, 2017, 11:15 am #57

The prices on some of the items for sale on his eBay make my eyes water.

Surely the idea of buying to sell on at a profit is to actually price the items so they will sell. I can't see how the majority of the 'rare' cards listed at the moment will have a sniff of interest. Therefore, are not making any money as they are too highly priced.

Oh, and a bit of friendly advice about the 'rare' new pound coin dated 2016 that you are trying to sell for £50 - there were half a BILLION minted. It's worth a pound mate.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

April 2nd, 2017, 11:19 am #58

bibster wrote:The prices on some of the items for sale on his eBay make my eyes water.

Surely the idea of buying to sell on at a profit is to actually price the items so they will sell. I can't see how the majority of the 'rare' cards listed at the moment will have a sniff of interest. Therefore, are not making any money as they are too highly priced.

Oh, and a bit of friendly advice about the 'rare' new pound coin dated 2016 that you are trying to sell for £50 - there were half a BILLION minted. It's worth a pound mate.
If only the cards did have the value he is trying to sell for....I could sell my cards and retire if they did!

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 2nd, 2017, 11:25 am #59

JackW wrote:
bibster wrote:The prices on some of the items for sale on his eBay make my eyes water.

If only the cards did have the value he is trying to sell for....I could sell my cards and retire if they did!
Totally!

To be honest, I think a bit of research and common sense is all it needs. He should have a look on eBay, see what cards are selling for, how often they appear etc.

I can't see the logic in buying something for say £200, trying to sell it for £1000 and having no interest due to the card being worth nowhere near that amount. That means that you are £200 down and no nearer to making any money back on it.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

April 2nd, 2017, 11:27 am #60

bibster wrote:
JackW wrote:

Totally!

To be honest, I think a bit of research and common sense is all it needs. He should have a look on eBay, see what cards are selling for, how often they appear etc.

I can't see the logic in buying something for say £200, trying to sell it for £1000 and having no interest due to the card being worth nowhere near that amount. That means that you are £200 down and no nearer to making any money back on it.
Yes

And as the term 'business' is being thrown about....surely buying something for £200 and turning a profit of say £50-£100 in a week or two is the way it works....buying something and hanging on to it for a year before it sells it not!