jayce101
Masters Card

January 21st, 2014, 6:09 pm #1

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

January 21st, 2014, 6:51 pm #2

Its legit as they are direct from Topps themselves. It is a bit of a marketing ploy or purely just to get rid of proof cards etc

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

January 21st, 2014, 7:02 pm #3

It's legit, anyone who doesn't like them doesn't have to bid for them, they do have a hologram on them, and they are no more of a use of factory 'leftovers' (if you like) than the four 'printing plates' issued for the majority of the cards.

The ones I've won have all been pretty low prices for what are 1/1 cards.

The platinum cards are a bigger disappointment in my opinion - insofar as they don't really have much special about them as I see it - the orange or gold ones are much nicer effects, and either of those should be the 1/1 colours.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

January 29th, 2014, 8:30 pm #4

Received a 'blank back' from Topps Authentics. Came from USA

Really well packaged, in a box, then a soft pouch, then a zip bag! The card is then in a hard clear case, which also has a Topps Authentics sticker seal.

And there's also a certificate of authenticity with it too. I think most of these are gone now but an interesting addition and an unusual variation for any collection.

Matt
101 Card
Matt
101 Card

January 29th, 2014, 8:32 pm #5

Dorking wrote:Received a 'blank back' from Topps Authentics. Came from USA

Really well packaged, in a box, then a soft pouch, then a zip bag! The card is then in a hard clear case, which also has a Topps Authentics sticker seal.

And there's also a certificate of authenticity with it too. I think most of these are gone now but an interesting addition and an unusual variation for any collection.

Very nice indeed. Although they aren't that different from the normal cards, I still think they are a great addition to any collection and well worth the money that is paid for them. Well done.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

January 29th, 2014, 8:41 pm #6

Got a Charlie Adam one on the way. Got outbid on all the other players I collect
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

January 29th, 2014, 10:23 pm #7

I got 9 out of the 10 Palace ones, nearly all at starting price (9.95USD) then took my eye off the ball and missed out on the 10th and last one grrrrrr

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

January 29th, 2014, 10:36 pm #8

My bids were all higher that the starting bid but still got outbid. Was surprised I didn't get the Rodriguez and Fletcher ones - I didn't think anyone else would be bothered about those! Annoying when they finish in the middle of the night and I wake up and I didn't get them!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

January 29th, 2014, 11:06 pm #9

I think i've got most of the Albion ones coming with maybe two exceptions, all reasonable prices as well and reasonable shipping

rishgoon
100 Club
rishgoon
100 Club

January 30th, 2014, 4:18 am #10

I have a Thierry one from Topps MLS. As Dorking has shown, very well presented

"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK