Is it just me or does everyone else find this reprehensible...

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

November 23rd, 2016, 7:17 pm #1

This eBay seller is trying to pass these off as an official 'Limited Edition' Match Attax card which he has clearly obtained through the 'Print Me' service that Topps provide

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-A ... 2725854037

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-A ... 2725858695

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-A ... 2725848923

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Match-Attax-A ... 2725862571

I was under the impression that producing cards like this was not allowed? And for them to have the audacity to then try and sell these cards for up to £29.99 is, I am sure you will agree, absolutely outrageous....and this is not the first time he has done this either. I imagine that the people responsible for the merchandising of these players would also look very unfavourable on their images being printed on these cards and then sold by this seller for commercial gain!

I would suggest that we all share this and make people aware that these cards are not in ANY WAY genuine and they are just the act of one person trying to make money at the expensive of either kids or parents who are unaware of what they are really buying!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

November 23rd, 2016, 7:48 pm #2

I've had a few arguments with Topps over the Print Me as I got some Albion ones done, not for sale but purely for me only of older players. They allowed some but then refused to do more and refunded my payment straight off yet they allow this, totally hypocritical but am I surprised ? not one bit.

Their reasons for cancelling my orders was down to "copyright" as they said I didn't own the photos I was using so not sure why they allow these.

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

November 23rd, 2016, 8:05 pm #3

Phild wrote:I've had a few arguments with Topps over the Print Me as I got some Albion ones done, not for sale but purely for me only of older players. They allowed some but then refused to do more and refunded my payment straight off yet they allow this, totally hypocritical but am I surprised ? not one bit.

Their reasons for cancelling my orders was down to "copyright" as they said I didn't own the photos I was using so not sure why they allow these.
I had the same issue last year and mine was even more trivial as so of you may or may not know I created some throphy cards as the set last year did not have one. I mainly have them away free with purchases and sold the occasional one for £1.99. I am aware that some of these cards were attempted to be resold at £9.99. I attempted to get some more made but Topps refused and replied as they did to Phil mentioning copyright, however I knew about this When I created these cards and ensured I used a Free that to use Clipart image

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

November 23rd, 2016, 8:17 pm #4

For Topps or Panini, or indeed any other company, to print and sell images of these players would cost thousands and thousands of pounds...for him to get these through Topps' screening process is incredible...or perhaps he has just printed these cards himself which would make this even more outrageous than it already is!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY

Brummie3
101 Card
Brummie3
101 Card

November 23rd, 2016, 8:41 pm #5

:fing he's selling a Gourcuff error card for a grand!! oh dear... he does say there custom made then in the next sentence says there limited edition.. very confusing! .. i wouldnt know the first thing about fake match attax etc so that would of fooled me.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

November 23rd, 2016, 8:54 pm #6

A couple of seasons ago, like PhilD I tried to have some 'print me' cards done of past Crystal Palace players (old legends) - being an automated process it took payment, but before they finished they cancelled and refunded me.

I did get one set done, which I guess slipped through the net as they wouldn't have recognised the player, but to get Messi and Neymar through the process is pretty incredible to be honest - I can only assume they were rushed off their feet that day and didn't do any checks.

Not angry about it or the resale of them though, plenty of people willingly pay loads of $$ to get limited parallel cards (1/1's etc) and there are much nicer Messi/Neymar etc cards out there (Futera etc) if you want to pay for something a bit smart

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club

November 23rd, 2016, 9:05 pm #7

Dorking wrote:A couple of seasons ago, like PhilD I tried to have some 'print me' cards done of past Crystal Palace players (old legends) - being an automated process it took payment, but before they finished they cancelled and refunded me.

I did get one set done, which I guess slipped through the net as they wouldn't have recognised the player, but to get Messi and Neymar through the process is pretty incredible to be honest - I can only assume they were rushed off their feet that day and didn't do any checks.

Not angry about it or the resale of them though, plenty of people willingly pay loads of $$ to get limited parallel cards (1/1's etc) and there are much nicer Messi/Neymar etc cards out there (Futera etc) if you want to pay for something a bit smart
But the cards that people are prepared to pay good money for are GENUINE cards....not something that someone has mocked up themselves and is passing off as genuine cards....he is buying 3 normal cards and a foil....as well as the Limited Edition card that comes with it....for £3.99 or £4.99 and potentially selling that on for £70 profit which, as far as I am concerned, is near enough theft....his descriptions imply that they are genuine and real cards, and to people who know no better they are, when clearly they are worthless to anyone

dylanhead45
i-card

November 27th, 2016, 3:17 am #8

Looks like they have been taken off ebay now ?

trokes
Player of the Month
trokes
Player of the Month

November 27th, 2016, 10:56 am #9

hes not ripping anyone off if your foolish enough to pay that much money for a card you know nothing about then more fool you.

I find it bizarre that there are people out there who pay £15 plus for a 100 club card instead of waiting til the end of the season to get it for 35p

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card

November 27th, 2016, 4:00 pm #10

trokes wrote:hes not ripping anyone off if your foolish enough to pay that much money for a card you know nothing about then more fool you.

I find it bizarre that there are people out there who pay £15 plus for a 100 club card instead of waiting til the end of the season to get it for 35p
For adult collectors you are right wait till the end of the season however for kids it's about the prestige of having it as soon as possible