German Match Attax Tins

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club
Joined: March 28th, 2015, 1:49 pm

February 2nd, 2016, 7:34 pm #1

Has anyone else bought any of the football shaped CL tins?

I bought a few bits from Topps Germany and got a couple of the tins and the cards inside were in shocking condition to say the least....at least half of the cards had bent corners and the Gold LE in one of them was bent up completely on the bottom edge!!

I have emailed them and sent pictures so hope they will replace them!! Perhaps this is the reason why they don't do them in the UK!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY
Quote
Like
Share

chuck332
Player of the Month
chuck332
Player of the Month
Joined: September 28th, 2010, 9:46 pm

February 2nd, 2016, 11:32 pm #2

JackW wrote:Has anyone else bought any of the football shaped CL tins?

I bought a few bits from Topps Germany and got a couple of the tins and the cards inside were in shocking condition to say the least....at least half of the cards had bent corners and the Gold LE in one of them was bent up completely on the bottom edge!!

I have emailed them and sent pictures so hope they will replace them!! Perhaps this is the reason why they don't do them in the UK!
Do Topps Germany ship to the UK then
Quote
Like
Share

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club
Joined: March 28th, 2015, 1:49 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 10:32 am #3

chuck332 wrote:
JackW wrote:Has anyone else bought any of the football shaped CL tins?

I bought a few bits from Topps Germany and got a couple of the tins and the cards inside were in shocking condition to say the least....at least half of the cards had bent corners and the Gold LE in one of them was bent up completely on the bottom edge!!

I have emailed them and sent pictures so hope they will replace them!! Perhaps this is the reason why they don't do them in the UK!
Do Topps Germany ship to the UK then
Yes

I bought 1 of the boxes with the Gold Ozil, 2 of the football tins, 1 multi-pack and 2 5-pack blister packs

The shipping was 18euros on top of what I paid (thats about £15) I think....so they do but its not cheap!

But you might want to check out our unboxing video before you buy so you can see the condition of the cards....it wasnt very good....but maybe we just got unlucky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02z-YpRy4S0
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY
Quote
Like
Share

Yukon07
Fans Favourite
Yukon07
Fans Favourite
Joined: December 4th, 2011, 12:04 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 1:03 pm #4

Hi,

no, you were not unlucky. The pack with the cards is simply too big for the hole in the tin, so the producing company "rammed" them in, destroying the golden card and (most times) the foiled cards as well. I have contacted topps - they do not replace anything but kindly offer two free packs as execuse... :rant

Greetings
Quote
Like
Share

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card
Joined: April 16th, 2010, 11:34 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 3:01 pm #5

2 free packets !! More than I got when I had to return 7 Limited Edition cards to Topps here in UK a couple of weeks ago which I got from the mini tins.

I got my cards exchanged so on top of the cost of the tins it cost me postage to send them back to them as well.

Quote
Like
Share

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card
Joined: October 26th, 2014, 11:21 am

February 3rd, 2016, 3:15 pm #6

Phild wrote:2 free packets !! More than I got when I had to return 7 Limited Edition cards to Topps here in UK a couple of weeks ago which I got from the mini tins.

I got my cards exchanged so on top of the cost of the tins it cost me postage to send them back to them as well.
What was wrong with the limited editions?
Quote
Like
Share

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card
Joined: April 16th, 2010, 11:34 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 3:41 pm #7

All damaged bottom right hand corners

Quote
Like
Share

JackW
100 Club
JackW
100 Club
Joined: March 28th, 2015, 1:49 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 5:01 pm #8

Phild wrote:All damaged bottom right hand corners
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02z-YpRy4S0

This is what I got when I opened them....all in poor condition

Lets hope they can replace them.....these simply arent good enough quality to go in our collection!!
Check Out Our Match Attax 2014-15 binder.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZmVncxNFLY
Quote
Like
Share

Jimmieg7
101 Card
Jimmieg7
101 Card
Joined: October 26th, 2014, 11:21 am

February 3rd, 2016, 5:48 pm #9

Mate that's disgusting!
Quote
Like
Share

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card
Joined: April 16th, 2010, 11:34 pm

February 3rd, 2016, 5:52 pm #10

Thats a disgrace, mine were nowhere near that bad, disgusting

Quote
Like
Share