First details & free cards in Match of the Day magazine

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

September 9th, 2014, 1:19 pm #1

Mentioned already in another thread but worth it's own one for visibility.

Looks like preview pack and images willl be with magazine in UK.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

September 11th, 2014, 11:54 am #2

My son is a subscriber (only because we get it free with tesco vouchers - the mag is awful, totally biased towards the 'big clubs' in the Prem) so will update next Tuesday.

Jack Buxton
Man of the Match
Jack Buxton
Man of the Match

September 16th, 2014, 12:34 pm #3

This will be 2nd sons 2nd year collecting the cards (ok its for me really!). Just noticed in the magazine some new "duo" cards! They didnt do these last season, have they ever been done before?

MatchAttaxCam
Masters Card
MatchAttaxCam
Masters Card

September 16th, 2014, 4:45 pm #4

Jack Buxton wrote:This will be 2nd sons 2nd year collecting the cards (ok its for me really!). Just noticed in the magazine some new "duo" cards! They didnt do these last season, have they ever been done before?
No, but Panini did them, so they have just copied Panini again like they did with the 'Game Changer' cards last year
Wish list----------------------Feedback

Trusted Traders: matchattaxcrazy, Tankerton1, Turtle21, Booto67, sufcmilla, gt6943, Macky17g, turboboy94, MA!CCFC98, monkey76

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

September 29th, 2014, 10:52 am #5

My son has only been a MOTD subscriber since the summer. Can anyone who has been up with this longer than me tell me typically how long they give away the packs for with MOTD.

Also, I have seen people mention being a subscriber to Match Attax mag. Is this a general premier league mag like MOTD, or just a mag about the cards?

jaxattax
100 Club
jaxattax
100 Club

September 29th, 2014, 12:28 pm #6

Match Attax Mag has finished, it was stopped before the 2014/15 collection started.

Match of day mag seems to run with free packs indefinitely, certainly up to christmas but not necessarrilly every week. There is a huge issue coming in October when they release Barkley limited editons - bronze, silver and gold. We are going to buy ten of them, hopefully get all the cards.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

September 29th, 2014, 2:43 pm #7

Thanks Jax. My sons MOTD subscription came via Tesco clubcard vouchers, so really chuffed with all the cards that he's getting, the Barkley LE sounds good too.

AFC_Harry34
Star Player
AFC_Harry34
Star Player

September 29th, 2014, 4:59 pm #8

Dorking wrote:Thanks Jax. My sons MOTD subscription came via Tesco clubcard vouchers, so really chuffed with all the cards that he's getting, the Barkley LE sounds good too.
Worth noting mate that the Barkley limited edition cards are likely to be given away in one of th special MOTD magazines not included in a subscription. They come out in summer or easter for example, and are usually on sale for a month. Presume the Barkley issue will be a Halloween special

MatchAttaxMaster101
Masters Card

September 29th, 2014, 5:00 pm #9

AFC_Harry34 wrote:
Dorking wrote:Thanks Jax. My sons MOTD subscription came via Tesco clubcard vouchers, so really chuffed with all the cards that he's getting, the Barkley LE sounds good too.
Worth noting mate that the Barkley limited edition cards are likely to be given away in one of th special MOTD magazines not included in a subscription. They come out in summer or easter for example, and are usually on sale for a month. Presume the Barkley issue will be a Halloween special
yes it will be, and the specials are probably a Match Attax special (yay) or a puzzle special, retailing at £2.99.

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

September 29th, 2014, 5:14 pm #10

@Dorking, i don't think the special will be part of your sons subscription im afraid! I was a subsricber to MOTD Magazine for 4 years and it never included the Special Magazines that came out in Easter, The Summer and October Half Term, so you would have to go and buy that special issue from the shops to get the Barkley LE Cards
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!