Few event tips

seagullsim
Man of the Match
seagullsim
Man of the Match

April 4th, 2013, 6:51 am #1

I went to the Bolton swap day yesterday, and had a really good time. On some of the other threads, i've noticed a bit of confusing information, so I thought i'd set the record straight.

Charity Auction
The official rules state that you can only use "Premier League Stickers from the Current Season" - this means both the standard and Extra sets.

Swapping
You can use any cards to trade with Topps. Once you've paid your £3 and handed over your swap sheet, they ask you for the same number of cards in exchange, but these can be from any season (I got rid of loads of 11/12 base cards this way).

All in all, a really good day. I won some Star Wars stuff in the charity auction for 400 cards, and got to meet some youth team Bolton players. Only criticism I had was with the Paz & Bez quiz - despite the MC's best attempts, it was a shambles. One kid was told all the answers by his dad in the audience, and another started crying when someone pushed him off the stage. We didn't enter, but I'd have been really annoyed if we had...

Messi-FCB-Liverpool
Masters Card

April 4th, 2013, 7:42 am #2

seagullsim wrote:I went to the Bolton swap day yesterday, and had a really good time. On some of the other threads, i've noticed a bit of confusing information, so I thought i'd set the record straight.

Charity Auction
The official rules state that you can only use "Premier League Stickers from the Current Season" - this means both the standard and Extra sets.

Swapping
You can use any cards to trade with Topps. Once you've paid your £3 and handed over your swap sheet, they ask you for the same number of cards in exchange, but these can be from any season (I got rid of loads of 11/12 base cards this way).

All in all, a really good day. I won some Star Wars stuff in the charity auction for 400 cards, and got to meet some youth team Bolton players. Only criticism I had was with the Paz & Bez quiz - despite the MC's best attempts, it was a shambles. One kid was told all the answers by his dad in the audience, and another started crying when someone pushed him off the stage. We didn't enter, but I'd have been really annoyed if we had...
Thank you for that when it came to the Swapping thing I thought it was only this years cards and for me I got rid of about 30 12/13 cards for 70 12/13 cards

Indeed the Paz & Bez thing was ridiculous every pushing each other to get on the stage right at the front

My main tip for next year is since I'm not going to collect next year but enter next year tournament, I will buy:

The Multipack - £4
Small Card Binder + 1 Pack - £3
Swapping Service - £3
They say that dreams are made of hopes. But reality is one match away. Don't stop believing. Europe awaits.
MASSIVE SELLING LIST

?150 (Negotiable) For My 11,000+ Collection!!!

inyaface
Man of the Match
inyaface
Man of the Match

April 4th, 2013, 9:01 am #3

when are they doing some overseas!!

Would also love a charity online card auction.

ILNUFC
Hat Trick Hero
ILNUFC
Hat Trick Hero

April 4th, 2013, 5:51 pm #4

I went in in 2011 (Newcastle) and everyhing was good, but the quiz was just full of little kids screaming and shouting which was annoying.

I would definitely recommend the event . good luck to anybody that goes

P.S i got knocked out in the last 16