Fake Shilton Signed on ebay?

MasterOfMatchAttax
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 4:04 pm #1

Just found this...looks a bit strange to me though, paticularly the hologram:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peter-Shilton-Sig ... 3a60c2eaeb

It's a new seller too, which makes it seem more suspicious...

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 4:07 pm #2

looks legitimate MOMA - exactly the same signature and hologram as mine - unless mines a fake as well (although I did get mine out of a packet!!)
MODERATORS - PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT.

cardhitter
Limited Edition
cardhitter
Limited Edition

November 26th, 2010, 5:30 pm #3

How many 200 pack boxes do you think it'd take to get an auto? I was considering raiding ebay for boxes instead of just buying an auto

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 5:32 pm #4

The boxes are dirt cheap at the moment but I reckon you should still buy the single card if you can. They were not even 1 per outer I dont think. Although I guess if you bought the boxes you could make plenty of sets up!!

Arsenal101
Masters Card
Arsenal101
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 5:36 pm #5

lucky guy!!!!!

MasterOfMatchAttax
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 6:13 pm #6

I only thought it wouldn't be legit because the hologram looks really different to the ones I've seen tbh.

btw, I don't think there will be any Shiltons left simply because all the Shiltons were found and probably released nearer to the release date, whereas these ones will have been extra ones produced when Tesco went out of stock.

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 6:18 pm #7

the hologram should show topps and Authentic written on depending on the angle you look at the card. It may just be the camera flash/lighting making it look unauthentic as I dont know where the blue on the sticker comes from??

Wasnt shilton only found in Tesco packs? I wouldnt of thought that Topps will be allowed to produce any extra over the 1000 which they advertised. May be wrong though :shrug

MasterOfMatchAttax
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 6:33 pm #8

It probably is the camera angle and the light reflecting on it, as all the other pictures I've seen on ebay are just plain silver ones, but then my lennon does shine in the light. Hard to tell tbh

Oh, sorry about mywording there - I meant all the 1000 will have been put in boxes nearer to release, and all sold, but when tesco were after more stock they made more boxes but without the signed Shilton in as the boxes were probably never expected to be in such good demand.

cardhitter
Limited Edition
cardhitter
Limited Edition

November 26th, 2010, 6:40 pm #9

I saw somewhere that someone said they went to a match when tesco were dumping stock and someone near them got a shilton.. So maybe not a total waste getting boxes? Who knows lol.. What about the lampards? Weren't they in packs?

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

November 26th, 2010, 6:46 pm #10

cardhitter wrote:I saw somewhere that someone said they went to a match when tesco were dumping stock and someone near them got a shilton.. So maybe not a total waste getting boxes? Who knows lol.. What about the lampards? Weren't they in packs?
They both should be if Topps/Tesco are people of their word?? Im sure theres plenty more to claim unless Topps have said they have all been claimed, I never bothered registering mine with them though so I dont know how they could say that? Ive only ever bothered registering one before, dont see the point.

That is a great point from MOMA though, if they are the later produced boxes they shouldnt have any in as all would of been released previously in earlier boxes. I think there is actually a way of telling on the outer case of 8 boxes as well - they had different wording. I'll try and find out what the earlier outer cases said. You would need to buy an 8 box case though cardhitter if you wanted to try this I guess and be sure of having the earlier released boxes of Tesco England packs?