Fake Futera Cards

placeforpeas
i-card

August 2nd, 2013, 11:27 am #1

I know this goes on and on and mods lock it, but can we get this sorted once and for all. I've spent over £500 on these cards and now I'm beginning to have doubts.

JERSEY CARDS :

In terms of jersey cards : There is no way you should publish cards and be as ambiguous to say "it's from the ???? season". Come on Futera you're a big company, you need to establish and print the exact source of how you obtained the card and the EXACT match it was played in for EVERY jersey card and print it on the back of the card, it's just common sense, and I as the consumer would like to know the back story of how the shirt was obtained along with any guarantors.

There's a card on ebay at the moment as we speak, one is a Diego Maradona shirt used in the 1994 world cup (I know again very ambiguous) My Webpage Have you seen the shirts Argentina wore in that world cup?!? My Webpage1 They look very different, to me I'd say it looks more like a shirt they worn in '86 or '90.

AUTOGRAPHS :

There is a photo of a man with Joe Hart is he also be the same guy pictured with Van persie the day Manchester united won the title 3 months AFTER Futera 2013 were released? 'The Sun' newspaper published the photo of Van Persie.

I've spent a lot of money. I'd like more solid / professional assurances.

What are your opinions? Would Futera be open to a trading standards investigation?

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 am #2

I don't get into Futera debates as I don't collect the cards for my own reasons but to answer a couple of the above. The seller with the Neymar card is stating the card he is selling #011 of however many it was is Neymars shirt number not part of the number on the shirt he wore in that game.

Also the pictures of the person don't look the same to me at all even allowing for his face to be blanked out

placeforpeas
i-card

August 2nd, 2013, 11:54 am #3

Fair enough, I'll edit the Neymar part, thanks for the reply, what about the Maradona shirt?

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

August 2nd, 2013, 1:45 pm #4

I've deliberately stayed out of the shirts side of thing as I've never been a huge collector of match-worn shirts. I only have 3 or 4 in my collection and they've been given to me by the player, but I struggle to ever see differences between match-worns and retail replicas. However, given that they're only s***Censored***s of a shirt it seems to me that they should be real (if they were in fakes why wouldn't they just get an entire replica shirt and do it as a redemption thing?). If you have a doubt though then be careful and err on the side of caution.

Certainly with the autographs the majority of what I've seen have been dubious and proof photos don't ever show too much anyway (I know of a completely separate company that have taken photos of my friend getting stuff signed and used that for their own items, so I never really trust photo proof unless I know who it is in the photo anyway). A lot of the Futera defenders on here don't seem to appreciate how consistent autographs can be despite the comparisons I've posted in the past. Certainly the RVP 3 months after the release seems a bit dodgy?

I remember reading at one point on here that Futera simply hired out "autograph collectors" to get the cards signed on their behalf, rather than doing private signings or using actual employees. Obviously Futera don't have complete knowledge of what goes on with these people and surely they might end up just accepting whatever comes back to them. I don't know who they actually employed but if they're from Manchester I'm sure some of my autograph collecting friends from up there will be able to recognise these people.

I've no idea if Trading Standards applies to this, but certainly it's concerning if the proof is starting to fall down. I wonder if this is merely a rogue batch as in the past dodgy cards have been confined to criminals actually making fake cards but it certainly makes for interesting reading.

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

free3830
i-card
free3830
i-card

August 2nd, 2013, 2:20 pm #5

the guy is different person

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

August 2nd, 2013, 2:41 pm #6

That's what I mean - whether they're hiring out teams of autograph collectors to do it for them or not.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2013, 5:31 pm #7

For the umpteenth time.....

Futera EMPLOYEE their own staff to collect the autos.

NOT agents or any other type of 3rd Party.

Perhaps you could apply for a job, then you'd know they were genuine!!!

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

August 2nd, 2013, 7:02 pm #8

Nevertheless it is still unprofessional to go around like any other autograph collector to get things done for such a large company. It appears that there may be a rogue employee if this is the case?

ofb1988
Masters Card
ofb1988
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2013, 7:29 pm #9

I cant see how its going around like any other collector?

looks like arranged meetings at hotels from the pics, arranged to meet before a dinner event etc. its normal for the player to be paid to show up somewhere like a hotel and do signings and i dont mean for futera.

i dont think futera would be crazy enough to try fake so many things.

there are many ways to obtain shirts aswell. if you check most team websites especially lower league etc you can find player sponsorship deals that get you a match worn shirt.

placeforpeas
i-card

August 2nd, 2013, 7:57 pm #10

Although I'm not always logged in, I am lurking on these forums since I found this site, and I'll check on posts and replies at least for the next couple of days, sorry if you have direct questions for me, I may not choose to log in and reply, but be assured I've read your replies. Just wanted immediate answers to my concerns.

If Futera are willing to take one of us members to go with them and blog about the next Messi shirt that they obtain I'm sure they'll find a few members willing to do so for free.... Or the next player autograph session.

No-one have any views on the Maradona shirt for this years collection???

I've decided I'm going to sell my collection.