robjones1973
101 Card

July 13th, 2014, 1:57 pm #81

monkey76 wrote:After reading all the comments I went into the shed and got out my metal/pipe detector. Found out the battery connector was broke so spent £10 on a new one.

Tested it out on my binders and other bits. Went to the co op and got readings on 2 of them. Did not try the ones with the satchel bag though.

Got them home and opened them like it was Christmas morning and was gutted to find no card.

I have been to loads of the big supermarkets and even Southampton hospital to find all the tops have been neatly cut open. I have looked at least 25-30 packs. I might have had a shake of them but I am not that low. They even left the packet and the Rooney card in there though!!!
I have had the same thing, got a reading on a binder but it didn't have a card inside. I have also found loads with neatly cut open outer bags, with the LE and free pack of cards left in. I wonder how people are getting away with this as the binders are always pretty near or visible from the tills.

ErenSA
Man of the Match
ErenSA
Man of the Match

July 24th, 2014, 5:32 pm #82

Have you received your cards yet graham?

ErenSA
Man of the Match
ErenSA
Man of the Match

July 26th, 2014, 5:40 am #83

Received my jack wilshere

graham
Hat Trick Hero
graham
Hat Trick Hero

July 26th, 2014, 3:23 pm #84

received my first 8 cards today

ErenSA
Man of the Match
ErenSA
Man of the Match

July 27th, 2014, 3:53 pm #85

Graham I just realised something I think the hologram numbers can help us figure out how many there are of each card, so take paulinho for example look at the numbers you have and get the hugest number and the lowest number hologram you have that will give us at least the idea of how many there could be.

graham
Hat Trick Hero
graham
Hat Trick Hero

August 3rd, 2014, 4:22 pm #86

has anyone any ideas what it means when a redemption card does not have the name of the player you have won
I am hoping it is for a hundred club but there is nothing to indicate this. any suggestions

ErenSA
Man of the Match
ErenSA
Man of the Match

August 5th, 2014, 3:34 am #87

graham wrote:has anyone any ideas what it means when a redemption card does not have the name of the player you have won
I am hoping it is for a hundred club but there is nothing to indicate this. any suggestions
Graham it could be Ronaldo's or yeah possibly a special signed card that be awesome. Where did you find it? Can you upload a picture? Also if you find anymore cards other than the ones I have let me know I'd be interested in buying them, as long as it's a duplicate of a card your son already has ofcourse

ErenSA
Man of the Match
ErenSA
Man of the Match

August 7th, 2014, 2:43 am #88

graham wrote:has anyone any ideas what it means when a redemption card does not have the name of the player you have won
Got any idea yet? Upload a pic

rishgoon
100 Club
rishgoon
100 Club

October 27th, 2014, 8:19 am #89

Just read through this thread. At first I thought someone was being sarcastic, but no.
Bad luck to all collectors who don't have a metal detector to search for signed redemptions, and have to try their luck the old fashioned way. Poor form.

Maybe those using such methods, could list which newsagents they have searched, so others know to avoid and can have a fair chance at hitting a redemption.
"I went back to my hotel and intended to watch Tottenham on television - but I fell asleep" - Arsene Wenger

MY BUCKET
MY WANTLIST
MY FEEDBACK

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

October 31st, 2014, 2:26 pm #90

graham wrote:received my first 8 cards today
Did you every redeem your signed card, if so which one was it?

I think the Ronaldo signed didn't exist or has someone seen it on ebay? Maybe there was only one or two and these could be anywhere, in unopened starter packs or bottom of a kids toy box!

A little off topic :bum but does anyone know if the Gold Ferdinand 1 of 1 card (can't remember which year it was) was found?