Dunn Limited Edition

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 2:51 pm #1

Has anyone else noticed the selling antics of this ebay seller: 4065.dave

He has listed Dunn Limited on numerous occassions now all starting at 99p - just before the auction is to finish and he realises hes not going to get £200 he ends the auction, he has done this on 5 or 6 occassions at least.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-MATCH-A ... 33640779d2

He then replaces this listing with a BIN:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VERY-RARE-MATCH-A ... 2092426475

trying to find an idiot who will pay £200!!!! :idiot

I totally agree that he wants to get as much for the card as he can, but these very underhand tactics do nothing for his reputation.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE NOT TO BID ON ITEMS FROM 4065.dave. A very dodgy seller. :angry :bum
MODERATORS - PLEASE DELETE THIS ACCOUNT.

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:02 pm #2

Yes I did notice his tactics, And wonder how he gets away with it ?? Continuously ending the auction, with bids on, And then relisting on 'B.I.N', as you say.
He then usually after no interest on this £200 price decides to relist in an auction,and quote you again - ends the aucttion with a few hours to go !, Usually around the £40 mark- Which he obviously thinks it means he is not going to achieve his value.
If he did let it run it would reach around the £100 mark - Which he should consider fair :shrug

I notice a lot of similar sellers on ebay (regularly doing these kind of practices), And wonder how they achieve the feedback they have??? :rant

Altair
Hat Trick Hero
Altair
Hat Trick Hero

January 17th, 2011, 3:06 pm #3

I was watching this auction actually, to see how little it would go for. Wasn't going to bid myself, as I have the card, and suddenly it was ended and re-listed at £220 BIN. The guys who were bidding must feel quite cheated..
Wishlist || Trade List || Feedback

My Picasa (Collections) (check out Futera 2011!)

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:07 pm #4

Its time for a 'name and shame' campaign. I would never consider bidding on his auctions in the future, and we on this forum are the card collectors who line his pocket. If we all decide that we are not bidding on any of his items maybe his tricks won't work, which would make me

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:12 pm #5

:rofl

The FCF lynch mob are coming!!!

Dave let your auctions run, Or get running yourself, :sofun

JuveFC
Masters Card
JuveFC
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:14 pm #6

mufc17 wrote: :rofl

trust us 2 to be leading the charge.

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:16 pm #7

JuveFC wrote:
mufc17 wrote: :rofl

trust us 2 to be leading the charge.
What does moderator mean ?

Moderately mature LOL

Victor Meldrew
Limited Edition
Victor Meldrew
Limited Edition

January 17th, 2011, 3:44 pm #8

I seem to remember both JuveFC and myself have posted threads in the past concerning the same practice. It was also in my watching page as the last Dunn went for £101.99 and was hoping this one would be below the £100 (Perhaps in my dreams). I have been the leading bidder in another auction(Not for a vast amount I hasten to add) and had the rug pulled from under my feet. When I searched the bid history on the auction I was bidding for, it just showed that all the bids were cancelled and no reason for it ending early (It's really gutting). I know the seller has to give a reason ie Item no longer for sale, Item damaged etc but I don't think that bidders are privvy to that information. I think that ebay stipulates that you can only do this "Ending a Listing early" a certain number of times. Perhaps its another of the ebay rules that are not monitored closly enough. Trouble is far too many greedy sellers list an item at 99p so that they don't pay ebay fees and then expect buyers to pay a kings ransom for it and pull the item if the price they want is not being realised. If only they would list it at a realisic price pay the fees and let the auction run it's full course and hopefully we would all be happy. Do I think this will happen, sadly not !!! So are we going back to the schoolday practice of dobbing them in?
Trusted Traders: Lindy_Loo2000, pnchocolates, AnythingHibbert33, Phild, Mariocamb13, Arsenal101, TAYLOR1248, l1sboa, matchattaxfan4, mufc17, Poolstar, gt6943, MasterOfMatchAttax, alanaman, jayce101, Macky17g, mrmatchattax, bibster, garners-great-deals2012
Favourite Team: Chelsea
Completed: Shoot Out 03/04, 04/05, 05/06 + Update, 06/07 + Update, Topps England 2002, 2005, Topps i-cards 06/07, World Cup/England 2006, Match Attax 07/08 + Extra, 08/09 + Extra, 09/10 + Extra, 2010 England + Legends, 10/11 + Extra, 11/12 + Extra + Championship, 2012 England + Ireland + Eurostars, 12/13 + Extra + SPL + Championship

My Trading Feedback
My Wishlist
My Tradelist

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 3:59 pm #9

Victor Meldrew wrote:I seem to remember both JuveFC and myself have posted threads in the past concerning the same practice. It was also in my watching page as the last Dunn went for £101.99 and was hoping this one would be below the £100 (Perhaps in my dreams). I have been the leading bidder in another auction(Not for a vast amount I hasten to add) and had the rug pulled from under my feet. When I searched the bid history on the auction I was bidding for, it just showed that all the bids were cancelled and no reason for it ending early (It's really gutting). I know the seller has to give a reason ie Item no longer for sale, Item damaged etc but I don't think that bidders are privvy to that information. I think that ebay stipulates that you can only do this "Ending a Listing early" a certain number of times. Perhaps its another of the ebay rules that are not monitored closly enough. Trouble is far too many greedy sellers list an item at 99p so that they don't pay ebay fees and then expect buyers to pay a kings ransom for it and pull the item if the price they want is not being realised. If only they would list it at a realisic price pay the fees and let the auction run it's full course and hopefully we would all be happy. Do I think this will happen, sadly not !!! So are we going back to the schoolday practice of dobbing them in?
I too watched the Dunn you quoted @ £101.99, And it's value only rocketed (as with most ebay auctions) in the final few minutes.
This is why I made the point - ' He may as well let it run' as in all likelihood it would reach that figure (£100) nine times out of ten.
It is wrong as it is not a true auction, Fair enough if there was no bids on it as nobody loses anything, but when people place their bid they fully expect to win the item if their bid remains the highest.
Sometimes there are genuine reasons (for ending the auction early), But not in this instance. This guy just wants an unfair sale. He surely will not last long (as a seller) doing these kind of tricks.

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card

January 17th, 2011, 9:06 pm #10