Did you complete WC Adrenalyn
LamboKeenie
Masters Card
LamboKeenie
Masters Card
Joined: April 3rd, 2010, 12:12 pm

December 13th, 2010, 5:46 pm #11

antorine wrote:We completed it - both the international and the UK version. And we got all the limited editions as well
lucky

Bet it cost you a fortune
Quote
Like
Share

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card
Joined: October 5th, 2010, 5:11 am

December 13th, 2010, 5:46 pm #12

Good post MasterOfAdrenalyn
It was a difficult (expensive) collection to complete as the International versions proved hard to come across, Not to mention some of the limiteds ie;- Messi, Kaka which were supposedly on sale with starter packs in McColls and CO-OP respectively - But almost immediately sold out and became very expensive on places like ebay. Also now the Eto'o Limited is proving to be rare and is begining to fall in the £20+ category.
The Champion cards from the international version which weren't included in the U.K version- Park, Rooney, Terry became big commodities on ebay and are rarely seen now.
I have plenty of trades in this collection inc. Full sets of Star Players, Goal Stoppers, Fans Favs, Base. So if anybody struggling to complete PM me.
Quote
Like
Share

Sickone95
Masters Card
Sickone95
Masters Card
Joined: September 28th, 2010, 8:05 pm

December 13th, 2010, 5:50 pm #13

Sickone95 wrote:still need about 18 champs and two ff's
oops meant three.
i needed lucio, zigic and toure
Quote
Like
Share

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card
Joined: September 4th, 2010, 11:03 am

December 13th, 2010, 6:45 pm #14

Its always the le's that make this collection so hard to complete, i just dont see why panini do this :shrug
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Quote
Like
Share

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card
Joined: October 5th, 2010, 5:11 am

December 13th, 2010, 6:52 pm #15

Portlaw wrote:Its always the le's that make this collection so hard to complete, i just dont see why panini do this :shrug
I can see why you and others do not like the 'Limited Edition' part of collections.
But personally I love it and I feel it makes the collection seem worthwile because you have had to work hard for it
Quote
Like
Share

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card
Joined: September 4th, 2010, 11:03 am

December 13th, 2010, 6:55 pm #16

Dont get me wrong im not one of those you fill collections and i do like the idea of so many but for those collec tors who complete it every year its very hard
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album
Quote
Like
Share

Blandy33
Masters Card
Blandy33
Masters Card
Joined: April 24th, 2010, 3:16 pm

December 13th, 2010, 7:48 pm #17

Do the rareity of the Champions improve the set or not?
Most Helpful Member 2010

Wise men say
Only fools Rush in
But I can't help
Falling in love with you
Sunderland!


http://s4.zetaboards.com/Footy_Talk/index/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLS_-u7z ... re=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsX12TVJD3Y
Quote
Like
Share

antorine
Hat Trick Hero
antorine
Hat Trick Hero
Joined: December 3rd, 2010, 9:26 am

December 13th, 2010, 7:54 pm #18

I don't live in the UK (but in Denmark) and we got about 5-6 limited editions from starter packs and tins (including Messi). Two we got for free from the local book store (they had received some extra limited editions from the distributor). The rest of the limited editions we got from Danish sites, ebay or from trading. We have 20 limited editions in total. I think that should be all there is.

Some champions we got from being lucky, others from Panini or from trading and the rest from ebay. I found it really weird though why they would make fx one international champion version of Klose and then a UK champion version of Klose with the same picture - only his shirt varied in the two versions. They actually made two versions of many of the German players and as I recall also some of the Dutch players. We have two base cards of many of the players from these countries. And then as I mentioned two champion cards of Klose.

But in Denmark you could get both the international and the uk versions when you bought the cards so both collections were "easily" available here.

Anyway - most importantly we sold all extra cards without a loss on the internet. Base cards, ff, star players and goal stoppers were all sold. So at lthe end we only paid for the cards we actually wanted and not for the ones we got but didn't need.

I think it is expensive to collect these cards. But you can get lucky - as I did recently when I bought 17 limited editions (champions league) for £30. And it's fun collecting. I do it for my son but I'm as enthusiastic as he is
Quote
Like
Share

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card
Joined: October 5th, 2010, 5:11 am

December 13th, 2010, 7:58 pm #19

Blandy33 wrote:Do the rareity of the Champions improve the set or not?
How do you mean?
If you mean do certain champions being rare improve your set, Then yes it will improve it in a collectors sense as if you have cards that not many people do then your collection is more desireable.
i wont go on too much as I may of misunderstood your question
Quote
Like
Share

mufc17
Masters Card
mufc17
Masters Card
Joined: October 5th, 2010, 5:11 am

December 13th, 2010, 8:02 pm #20

antorine wrote:I don't live in the UK (but in Denmark) and we got about 5-6 limited editions from starter packs and tins (including Messi). Two we got for free from the local book store (they had received some extra limited editions from the distributor). The rest of the limited editions we got from Danish sites, ebay or from trading. We have 20 limited editions in total. I think that should be all there is.

Some champions we got from being lucky, others from Panini or from trading and the rest from ebay. I found it really weird though why they would make fx one international champion version of Klose and then a UK champion version of Klose with the same picture - only his shirt varied in the two versions. They actually made two versions of many of the German players and as I recall also some of the Dutch players. We have two base cards of many of the players from these countries. And then as I mentioned two champion cards of Klose.

But in Denmark you could get both the international and the uk versions when you bought the cards so both collections were "easily" available here.

Anyway - most importantly we sold all extra cards without a loss on the internet. Base cards, ff, star players and goal stoppers were all sold. So at lthe end we only paid for the cards we actually wanted and not for the ones we got but didn't need.

I think it is expensive to collect these cards. But you can get lucky - as I did recently when I bought 17 limited editions (champions league) for £30. And it's fun collecting. I do it for my son but I'm as enthusiastic as he is
Wow. I didn't know there was a Klose Champion. Have you got any spare????. I was aware of the 2 versions of Ballack Chanpion but didn't even realise there was a Klose Champion !!
Quote
Like
Share