Collecting

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero

January 11th, 2014, 1:29 pm #1

Just curious to know how far people are going on collecting the cards? Are people trying to get an entire team set, printing plates and all, or stopping at a certain colour? I was originally just intending going for the base and greens, but this has now stretched to some oranges and may end up going further...
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

dvsgooner
Hat Trick Hero
dvsgooner
Hat Trick Hero

January 11th, 2014, 2:18 pm #2

I will collect one of each 24 Arsenal cards - the most regular ones. The cost for all of them have been about £500-600 (not as much as I feared). I have only one card left: the Wilshere/Ramsey dual jersey card. I still haven't seen it anywhere...

I can't stand 1/1 cards etc; it means that some cards will be totally impossible to get. So I won't try to get any of them at all. I'm just glad I was able to get one of each Arsenal version, with the rarest card limited to 15 (Arteta/Wilshere dual auto).

Hopefully I'll get the Wilshere/Ramsey card very soon so that I can concentrate on other parts of my collection!

Subzero3k
100 Club
Subzero3k
100 Club

January 11th, 2014, 3:56 pm #3

dvsgooner wrote:I will collect one of each 24 Arsenal cards - the most regular ones. The cost for all of them have been about £500-600 (not as much as I feared). I have only one card left: the Wilshere/Ramsey dual jersey card. I still haven't seen it anywhere...

I can't stand 1/1 cards etc; it means that some cards will be totally impossible to get. So I won't try to get any of them at all. I'm just glad I was able to get one of each Arsenal version, with the rarest card limited to 15 (Arteta/Wilshere dual auto).

Hopefully I'll get the Wilshere/Ramsey card very soon so that I can concentrate on other parts of my collection!
Hi mate

do you collect printing plates,too?

FORZA BVB

Keep Calm and Love BVB

MY CARDS

dvsgooner
Hat Trick Hero
dvsgooner
Hat Trick Hero

January 11th, 2014, 4:19 pm #4

No, I don't. I wouldn't mind them, but as they are so limited there's no point for me to try and get them all. My collection is more like a checklist for Arsenal card collectors, rather than a "one of a kind" personal collection.

Subzero3k
100 Club
Subzero3k
100 Club

January 11th, 2014, 5:13 pm #5

dvsgooner wrote:No, I don't. I wouldn't mind them, but as they are so limited there's no point for me to try and get them all. My collection is more like a checklist for Arsenal card collectors, rather than a "one of a kind" personal collection.
Ah ok, good luck for hunting mate :-)

FORZA BVB

Keep Calm and Love BVB

MY CARDS

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

January 11th, 2014, 7:37 pm #6

I'm trying to get every single variation, but I drew the line at a (1/1) platinum base card at $125. I have to remind myself "we're only Palace" so I don't get carried away in some sort of obsessive frenzy!

And a seller with the quad auto ( /5) that featured a Palace player wanted circa $400. Sorry but my son's season ticket (Premiership) costs much less than that!!!.
This quad auto:-

went for just over $200 (it's not the one I want as it happens) but very strangely the seller wouldn't ship to the UK. It's a set all about a UK league for goodness sake!

The barmy thing is that I can meet any Palace player before any home game (I go to them all) and get nything signed easily (they're not fenced off or anything) but I'm paying loads for autos just because they are part of a card collection!!

To add to the fun, it's not just enough for the base cards to be in: Base, Green, Orange, Platinum, Premier Gold and 4 x Printing plates. There are also unique 'blank backs' (1/1) occasionally released onto ebay by topps authentics !!!

kimmeh_d
100 Club
kimmeh_d
100 Club

January 11th, 2014, 8:46 pm #7

I'm collecting as many variations as I can for my player collections (Mignolet, Suarez and Henderson), but with some of the prices being so steep, I'll just get what I can when I can, and not worry if I can't get them all.
Wishlist, Feedback, Trade List
Thanks to all who have traded with me so far!
Main Player Collections: Luis Suarez, Jordan Henderson

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

January 11th, 2014, 9:00 pm #8

With hindsight, I needn't have been so keen to grab the base "green" parallel cards ( /99) when they first started hitting ebay.com - these are now soooo common, that in a couple of months, overseas sellers will be all but giving them away (the international postage is more than the cards already)

Diegomanutd
Man of the Match
Diegomanutd
Man of the Match

January 12th, 2014, 5:06 am #9

I collect Man Utd and American players. I'm trying to get every parallel /99 and /11 plus as many hits as I can. Unfortunately I have the most expensive team to collect, so autos and patches are gonna be hard to get. I've picked up some nice cards already, and I hope to continue.

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 12th, 2014, 5:33 am #10

The team I collect is Villa. Within them I collect a number of things.

I've always gone for jerseys over auto's. To me an auto is an auto, but with jerseys a patch is one of kind, yes you might have 2 of them on a jersey like the premier league patches but even at that there will only be one other like it of that player. I got the quad which had a patch of the 4 villa players in the set and had almost every patch available to get in the set. Guzan (defabet patch and yellow jersey), Benteke (premier league patch and blue jersey), Weimann (macroon symbol on shoulder and claret jersey), Tonev (number patch and claret jersey). The only other thing I could get is the crest but Topps never put them into the set so the quad is enough on the jersey count. But it was great to get all those patches on 1 card. I've only seen one other quad and the only difference was the benteke patch just had the premier league patch but no blue jersey so the others could vary or be the same.

I'm also trying to collect the rainbow base, green (/99), orange (/11), platinum (/1) and premier gold (/1) of my 2 favourite players Guzan and Agbonlahor. It is difficult as the 1/1s may never appear but when they do and if you can complete he rainbow set of a particular card it looks spectacular. There are 4 potential rainbows to put together with those players and if I can even put one of them together I'll be delighted.
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album