jayce101
Masters Card
jayce101
Masters Card

January 16th, 2014, 6:39 pm #31

Im going for my team but only in base and green parallel, autos and jerseys
however I will be looking for all gerrard variations as he is my only player collection
trouble is he has base cards, midfield maestro, autograph and jumbo relic (very costly)

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 24th, 2014, 3:16 pm #32

With regards to the 1/1's and people not being a fan, I think I remember someone mentioning something about it the platinum parallel's base cards but to me they are a massive let down (the platinum autos, jerseys etc seem to have a little more something about them) they just don't seem special at all BUT the premier gold 1/1's are beautiful, the best cards in the set in my opinion. I know some may be tough to get and expensive but if you can add a 1/1 premier gold parallel to your set for your player/team collection then you will not be sorry, personally unless it's Guzan or Agbonlahor I'll be staying away from the platinum 1/1 base cards
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

January 24th, 2014, 3:20 pm #33

If anyone sees the Jay Rodriguez Premier Gold 1/1 or printing plate anywhere please let me know!

Got the Platinum 1/1 on the way!

Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero

January 24th, 2014, 4:32 pm #34

Agree with Dorking and Portlaw about the Platinum cards - they just look like a mix of between the base and green cards.
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James

matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month
matchattaxguy1
Player of the Month

January 24th, 2014, 6:17 pm #35

I'm collecting West Ham cards if anybody sees a 1/1 let me know!
Youtube name: matchattaxguy11

Link for my channel: Youtube channel

Trade List
Wishlist

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

January 24th, 2014, 8:38 pm #36

Another thing with 1/1's which I'm guilty of too is saying I overpaid on it. You can never really overpay on a 1/1, if there are 2 of a card and 1 sells for $10 and you buy the other 1 for $100 then yes you overpaid. But with 1/1's it's all about what the buyer is willing to pay and as there are no others like it, the person in the world who is willing to pay the most for that card will set the one and only price for that card and so it is not over paying. I do understand that some 1/1's may go for less in a bidding situation but then again it may not. If every single 1/1 in the set was set at $1000 with sellers not budging for less than $900, yes it would be out of the majority of peoples price ranges including my own but those who could afford it and wanted it for their collection would pay it and so the price wouldn't budge that much. Just my opinion on the matter

jayce101
Masters Card
jayce101
Masters Card

January 24th, 2014, 9:32 pm #37

out of curiosity has anyone seen any Henderson jersey cards that are not plain red apart from the orange parallel ones
it seems that every single one is red only

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 27th, 2014, 2:22 am #38

Has anybody found what they planned on collecting in this set change as they acquire new pick ups?

I had started at just going for unique Villa patches and Guzan and Agbonlahor base parallels, but in the end I managed to collect a rainbow of Guzan jersey cards and also ended up going for the premier gold parallel of the insert base (I love the look of the premier gold on the shot stopper,hot shots etc, I have 3 of the 5 Villa, pregra has 1 and the Agbonlahor is unknown) on top of the patches and Guzan Agbonlahor base parallels. Personally I can't just have a card in a collection for no reason, it would have to have a purpose.

But I found it interesting that what I was collecting changed as I acquired new picks and wondered did it happen to others too.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

February 27th, 2014, 6:36 am #39

I started off with the intention of buying everything Crystal Palace and really tried to do so. As it has gone on, I'm not so fussed about the platinum 1/1's (they don't look anything special if I'm being honest) and so if the price for those is too high then I'm willing to just leave them, and with the printing plates, instead of being a completeist, I've lowered my goals and 'just' am after one of the four plates per card design.

I would like more of the 'Premier Gold' 1/1's, and the rarest jersey relic cards but they seem to be rarer than hens teeth for my team!

It's a nice feeling though seeing a card on ebay at a high starting price (eg a 1/10 shirt card) and knowing that I've already got it, particularly if I didn't pay anything like that much!

It is a bit of a shame though that there are less and less new rare cards coming onto ebay now. I suppose not every pack manufactured has been opened, and not every rare card will be sold through the various ebay sites. Naively I thought that nobody in USA, Canada or Asia would hold onto Palace cards, and that most people buying packs abroad would just sell these players straight away, but obviously not - a rare 1/1 is still a nice card regardless of the player and so many have stayed with the 'finder' and never made it to ebay. Learned a lot for 'next time' if there is another release next year (and my team are in it!) - I suspect I would have a narrower range of collecting goals.

rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero
rhinorays
Hat Trick Hero

February 27th, 2014, 12:02 pm #40

I'm trying to get a full Sunderland set of base, green and orange (still after a couple of orange) and other bits and bobs depending on the price - I've managed to get some of the others (platinums, printing plates, although no golds yet!) at reasonable prices, but can't justify spending the amount that some are being listed for on ebay.
Wanted:

Merlin Ireland 2002 / Kevin Kilbane mini sticker (Walkers)

Topps Total Football 2009 / SHSS 394 - Kenwyne Jones / Sunderland redemption card

Panini Jeans Fussball 1977 / Sunderland badge

Quadriga Soccer Stars 83 - 84 / 221 Colin West, 222 Leighton James