Charity Auctions

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

April 10th, 2013, 6:31 pm #1

Never taken part in one until yesterday at West Brom and then today at Wembley.

Yesterday I got a Smalling signed shirt for 600 cards and today a Kyle Walker signed card for 2600. Without sounding billy big balls and arrogant as I don't mean it to I did possibly have more cards than most if not all and my original intention was to use what I wanted to get 1 thing if I could and then give what I had left to the closest kid to me or a few to each for them to use but that was scuppered when they announced you had to declare the number of cards you had with you.

I think given that there are some young kids with only small numbers of cards who will not win anything especially something signed by a player it would be a good idea for Topps to take all the names of entrants and at the end draw out 3 or 4 names of people who won nothing in the auction to give them a prize otherwise they will get discouraged from taking part.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

April 10th, 2013, 6:37 pm #2

Last year it was more of a free-for-all with no declarations and cards from any year which just meant the same older blokes turned up and took all the prizes leaving nothing but starter packs of other collections for the kids. They claimed they'd sort it out but there's never going to be any way unless they introduce an age limit (but then they'll just get their kids to go for them?) - maybe a raffle is better perhaps?

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

gt6943
Masters Card
gt6943
Masters Card

April 10th, 2013, 6:38 pm #3

That sounds like a great idea Phil.

Nice card you got by the way.
Trusted traders

Rob PBS,Omeshm,Poolstar,Stevewaters,cjchelsea x2,pnchocolates x4,JoelMangsa,l1sboa x3,Juvefc x3,thekop10,masterofmatchattax,Jayce101 x9,Arsenal101 x2,palmerme1 x4,Mark Bradford (U.K),Adz97 x3,Ryan100 x2
Jamesalex,Blizzard x3,PriceySNR,llpalm08,NeilB x4,44gwilson,spursdave x3,Liam123,bibster x8,match attax crazy,Koda,matchattaxfan4 x3,matchattaxmad,mufc17,swapit x4,ilytorres9 x2,hattersfan x4,sham,NIAMHUSLFC07,ho123wang x2,matchattaxfanatic x4,victor meldrew,chris.jlee x3,turboboy94 x2,Sickone95 x2,swapmaster97 x2,Adz1197,matchattaxmaster11,garystephens x2,Oafcforever x2,CharlesHK x3,Cocacolaman75 x2,hotspurs95,Tankerton1 x2,Littlehammer,Matchattaxmasters22 x2,Sentai101,Heycallumj x2,monkey76x3,holden8klasnic17 x4,Phild,Futbol_Cards,watts27 x3,vorronin,markschmeichel,alanaman,kimmeh_d,richt11,paradogs77,Darbo x2,artsefa x2

Tradelist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7111723/1/

Wishlist http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 7119187/1/

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

April 10th, 2013, 6:46 pm #4

I think limiting it to one win per person is ideal as it does stop some taking the mick a bit. I genuinely couldn't go with the intention of winning more than 1 thing but I guess others would.

ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition
ashleyyoungFTW
Limited Edition

April 10th, 2013, 6:50 pm #5

I see what you mean, but it's been one per person since I've been going (2 years ago?) which is good but still means you get a lot of people turn up with thousands of cards and stick them straight on eBay for a fortune. It's a difficult one as adults are always going to have more cards and, to be fair, if they've put more money into Topps, they deserve more of a chance (although I guess it's best if the kids win more).

Gareth Bale autographs now available!

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

April 10th, 2013, 6:54 pm #6

I also like this idea Phil of people who don't win in the auction being put into a draw. And I do think that limiting people to only winning 1 thing is fair as well.

I would be really disappointed though if they put an age cap on the auction. It is one of the things that I look forward to the most at the event as there's nothing else for adults to get involved with! Plus it lets me have a clear out whilst picking up something nice to remember the day by
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

10everj
Man of the Match
10everj
Man of the Match

April 14th, 2013, 8:42 am #7

I got the signed robbie keane shirt
DERBY COUNTY FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my youtube videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/madformatch ... ature=mhee