Case Break 2 - by Lynettedoolin - members involved please read.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

January 31st, 2014, 9:03 pm #1

Hi all,

As Lynette does not seem to be bothered to reply to my request for an update despite being on here several times since my post I suggest you all claim refunds via PAYPAL for you money.

Phil has contacted BLOWOUT cards and has been told an order was placed but payment failed. Blowout have tried to contact Lynette without success.

Lynette may well have sourced through another avenue but I think you should assume the worst and look to reclaim your money as a matter of urgency.

If a case arrives and your cards are eventually sent you should pay on receipt.

I'm very sorry that this has happened on here after such a great break by Portlaw.

We will be defining some very strict rules for future case breaks on this forum.

Regards

Tollyman.

harrodjon
101 Card
harrodjon
101 Card

January 31st, 2014, 10:00 pm #2

I hope this doesn't put members off future case breaks. I think they are great for the community spirit of the forum.
Can we use this thread to make suggestions on what rules we can put in place for future breaks?
I'd certainly still be happy to take part in another Premier Gold case break. I'm even happy to run it if we set any needed rules in place first.
Check out our store for more than just football cards - Collectabubble

pholla65
Player of the Month
pholla65
Player of the Month

January 31st, 2014, 10:19 pm #3

Having never raised a paypal dispute before, is everyone just escalating straight away or waiting for a response from Lynette via paypal?
Thanks in advance
Pete

ofb1988
Masters Card
ofb1988
Masters Card

January 31st, 2014, 10:24 pm #4

hi pholla65.

you could leave it a day or 2.

give lynette a chance to reply.

if this has went wrong and she doesnt reply then thats more to back your claim.

paypal will look at all the info given in each case and make a decision.

those paying through paypal via credit card may have another layer of protection.

pholla65
Player of the Month
pholla65
Player of the Month

January 31st, 2014, 10:37 pm #5

ofb1988 wrote:hi pholla65.

you could leave it a day or 2.

give lynette a chance to reply.

if this has went wrong and she doesnt reply then thats more to back your claim.

paypal will look at all the info given in each case and make a decision.

those paying through paypal via credit card may have another layer of protection.
Thanks, sounds sensible.

FootballCardsIN
Fans Favourite
FootballCardsIN
Fans Favourite

February 1st, 2014, 3:35 am #6

I'm not very sure as to how one gets a refund via paypal. My account is limited and I can't receive payments on paypal. Anyway I can get the refund if this doesn't end up going through? I do have another account where I receive can receive money but the one I paid from is limited. Any help would be appreciated

Portlaw
Masters Card
Portlaw
Masters Card

February 1st, 2014, 11:50 am #7

FootballCardsIN wrote:I'm not very sure as to how one gets a refund via paypal. My account is limited and I can't receive payments on paypal. Anyway I can get the refund if this doesn't end up going through? I do have another account where I receive can receive money but the one I paid from is limited. Any help would be appreciated
I'm pretty sure that this won't count as you getting paid but rather you getting a refund for your purchase. Whether you are limited or not paypal will always cover customers against being scammed so you should be able to do so
My Aston Villa Collection: Picasa Web Aston Villa Album

pholla65
Player of the Month
pholla65
Player of the Month

February 1st, 2014, 12:07 pm #8

Bibster and monkey76 you are both trusted traders of lynettedoolin, does this mean you have her address as this will be useful!! I had 3 teams in this break so I am more than a little annoyed and would appreciate any help in getting my £151 back.

ofb1988
Masters Card
ofb1988
Masters Card

February 1st, 2014, 12:21 pm #9

I'm sure you will all be ok as long as you didn't pay by gift.

Everyone should -

Open a case

Explain what you were buying and the time it should have been there. Just say football cards etc.

Say on your case you want your cards but as seller has went quiet and the agreed timescales have not been met you have opened a case to see if you can get a response.

Leave this case for say 5 days. When seller doesnt reply it adds weight to your case.

Then escalate your case and PayPal will sort it.

If members involved need help drop me a pm.

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

February 1st, 2014, 1:15 pm #10

Mine has been escalated to a claim. I opened the case last night and then saw she was on here but did not reply to my PM to her that had been sent earlier in the day.