Blank Back 1/1 Cards

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
101 Card

May 7th, 2015, 11:33 am #1

OK - today's (perhaps stupid) question from me to the more experienced guys on here...

I've obtained a Premier Gold Blanked Backed 1/1 card (complete with Certificate of Authenticity). How exactly are these cards issued / distributed?

I take it they're not released in with the Premier Gold boxes, and have heard 'Topps Vault' being mentioned?

Do Topps produce one blanked back card for each base card in a collection, and when do they release these? If they are sold / auctioned separately - do they release the cards in batches, do them all in a one-er. Are they Buy It Now or done on an auction basis? Are they available for anyone to buy, or do they just go to a select few traders?

I see a couple of collectors have a few of these available for purchase on eBay, and I'm just looking for a little bit of knowledge / understanding of how they have obtained them. Any feedback / comments would be greatly appreciated...

Alan
Masters Card
Alan
Masters Card

May 7th, 2015, 11:58 am #2

They are auctioned on eBay by Topps. I think they are but on eBay in batches and are open to anyone to bid on them. When the first 2013 Premier Gold ones started appearing I had my bids cancelled by Topps. But I have since won other items from them so I presume the auctions are now open to anyone.

FOOTBALL CARTOPHILIC INFO EXCHANGE
- - - checklists and photos of Football Cards and Stickers issued around the world, from 1880s to 2014.

WANTED:
Panini nPower Championship 2010/11 .. .. box (empty or full)
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. David Marshall - Star Player (signed); Peter Whittingham - Star Player (signed); Robert Earnshaw - MotM (Signed).
Match Attax Championship 2011/12 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Kenny Miller on the front.
Match Attax Championship 2012/13 .. .. 5 card promotional packet with Craig Bellamy on the front.

Empty PANINI sticker albums for 2012/13 - from Colombia, Portugal, Belgium
Empty GALATA & ERREDI (Italy) album for 2012/13 - U.C. Sampdoria, Torino F.C., A.S. Roma, S.S. Lazio, A.C. Fiorentina

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Wales

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
101 Card

May 8th, 2015, 5:41 am #3

Thanks for the feedback Alan. Have any of you other guys had any dealings with this Topps Vault site? Have all the 2014 blanks already been released, or only a small percentage of them so far? Does anyone have any 'insider information' of when the next batch is due for release? Do they sells the cards off individually or in small batches?

man_utd1979
Hat Trick Hero
man_utd1979
Hat Trick Hero

May 8th, 2015, 12:17 pm #4

Hi Reggie!
One of each base card. They auction them one by one to start with. The lesser players in lesser teams may get bundled if they don't sell eventually. If they sold straight from the start in team lots I would have got the United set. But they don't hence why I only got 4 of them.
The topps vault auction these off after the serieshas been released. They are an oddity where someone may collect a certain player not a team so you'll have a hard time getting them all. I didn't get the RVP as I promised a guy here in oz who collects him I wouldn't bid against him and I know he won't part with it.
Cheers, Dylan

UPPER DECK MANCHESTER UNITED AUTO'S
ALWAYS WANTED TO BUY
My PC Website: http://manchesterunitedcollection.webs.com/

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

May 9th, 2015, 8:32 pm #5

I got 8 out of the 10 Palace ones in 2013, mostly at start price or a very small amount above.

Did get one from the 2014 series but didn't go after more than that.

When listed, they don't have postage to the UK, but you just request a total from the seller and they get sent in a nice strong cardboard box with the certificate etc

Interesting item to compliment a complete set of cards. Not many people collect them, and from memory the listing is often something like 'Premier Soccer' rather than Premier Gold, and only on ebay.com, not ebay.co.uk, so slips under a lot of people's radar.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

May 9th, 2015, 8:43 pm #6

I picked up 6 of the 7 Burnley cards from this season's set. Really annoying to miss out on the Heaton card to complete the Burnley set!
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

ReggieBoy
101 Card
ReggieBoy
101 Card

May 10th, 2015, 9:44 am #7

Thanks for the feedback guys - it's genuinely appreciated from this 'newbie'!! :cheers

hollywood
Man of the Match
hollywood
Man of the Match

May 10th, 2015, 11:32 am #8

I didn't get any Southampton 2013 Blank Back cards because I thought they would not ship to the UK but this year I managed to win all of them and at a reasonable cost. If you search "blank back" or "vault" on ebay.com you will find them, they tend to be listed in batches.

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

April 8th, 2016, 12:56 pm #9

No sign of 'blank back' cards yet for the 2015 Premier Gold set. Wonder if they'll do them this year as the 7" x 5" ones seem to be the new 'extra' thing?

Dorking
101 Card
Dorking
101 Card

June 12th, 2016, 6:36 am #10

Have been somewhat off the ball lately regarding cards and stickers, but managed to get a 2015 Premier Gold 'blank back' (with certificate) off ebay, at a rather sensible price, so very happy.

Usually have had to get these sent from Topps USA, so very pleased a seller over here has obtained loads of these for secondary resale.