Belfast Event

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 7th, 2014, 12:19 am #1

I took my sons and my nephew to the Belfast event today. The day started off a bit dissapointing as after queing for half an hour we were told that there was no 100c cards to swap as they had swapped them all in dublin the day before. This is the second year in a row that this has happened and is not fair to the kids who came to get these cards and who relied on them for making their tournament teams.

The Kyle Walker card came in a box which also included the wilshire sport relief/mata sheet, another random sheet of extra cards, two packs of cards and a sheet of stickers which was nice.

The format of the tournament was the same as usual 8 down to 4 down to 2 with the winner progressing to the afternoon. This was done 8 times so as there were 8 lads through to the finals. My nephew (8) and my eldest son (10) both made it through to the final.
They both won their quarter final and my son had his semi final won when he made a mistake and let his opponent in with a hth and lost. My nephew made the final and im very pleased to report that he won. Look out for Matthew Dunbar at Stanford Bridge!!

There was no adult tournament in Belfast or no signings etc, just the swaping and the tournament but all in all we had a very good day. Thanks to Topps for laying it on.

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 7th, 2014, 8:25 am #2

Congratulations to your Nephew Alan for making it through to the World Finals and i am glad you all enjoyed your day! Any chance of showing us a few pictures of what the regional heats cards etc. looked like if they handed them out this year?
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 7th, 2014, 12:41 pm #3

Yes Toby, the heats, finalist and champion cards are all on ebay. Search user i.d. - alanaman
You can see the pictures there.

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 7th, 2014, 1:31 pm #4

Thanks Alan, i have just looked now and seen them they look quite nice in comparison to previous years!!
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!