belfast event

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 7th, 2013, 4:39 pm #1

The belfast event is just over. It was a good say with a couple of hundred kids there.
There was not as many things there as other events, all there was was the match attax and sticker swapping and the tournament. I'm not complaining though as its great that topps make the effort to come over to Ireland.
I'm very pleased that both my sons made it to the last 4 but were both beaten in the semi finals. Got two regional finalist cards though and 5 hernandez limiteds.
The tournament was won by a guy called Shrey Cohan who played really well. He was 14 my kids are 9 and 6 so there will be other years.
All in all a great day.

hattersfan
Masters Card
hattersfan
Masters Card

April 7th, 2013, 4:47 pm #2

Unlucky mate but well done to your sonsfor getting for getting to the semis! Shrey is my friend from the world championships. He got knocked in the quarters at Bolton like me. Sounds like you had a good day.
My feedback page

Awards:

Match Attax London Champion 2012
Match Attax Manchester Npower Championship tournament winner 2013
Match Attax London Over 14's 'tournament' winner 2014

Luton Till I Die!

Trusted Traders

l1sboa, spurs. attax and many more.

Bad Traders

arsenal9126
MIKADOO123 (sent me two things about 2 years ago, did not get either of them.)

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one."Brian Clough.

UKBasedCollector
Player of the Month
UKBasedCollector
Player of the Month

April 7th, 2013, 6:27 pm #3

Fair play to Topps for taking their roadshow to satisfy all their fans in NI and ROI.

Maybe they will have an event in Wales next season, what with both Swansea and Cardiff being in the Premier League for 2013-2014.

superpabz
Man of the Match
superpabz
Man of the Match

April 7th, 2013, 6:28 pm #4

Not a big fan of how the belfast event was run. Long queues to swap (as only 3 staff swapping) and they didn't have all the cards and people had to leave details to get the missing ones sent to them later. Disappointing as my kids were looking forward to completing their collection today. We ended up giving up on the queuing after about 30 mins and will just order online in may :-(

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

April 7th, 2013, 6:54 pm #5

I agree they could have had more staff for the swapping side of things but it didnt spoil the day for us. I still wish they would have an adults tournament. I wanna play :-(

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

April 7th, 2013, 7:09 pm #6

well done alan sounds like a great day. thats really impressive that your sons did so well at such a young age, you should be really proud
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!