Authentics Limited Edition Signed prices.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 11:53 am #1

The cards seem to be around the £50 mark.

Surely this is good value as the Match Attax Signed cards with even greater print runs go for a lot more than this on Ebay.

What do people think?

Perhaps discounts for multiple purchases?

3 for £110

6 for £200

As said before a discount for forum members would be nice, I've asked but this is not on the cards (excuse the pun! ) at the moment.

matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition
matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition

June 16th, 2011, 12:01 pm #2

tbh i think the prices are not good i think they should have produce more and lowered the price that way they would make alot more sales atm not many people are going to buy exept the rio ferdinand ones to try and be in the first 50

:cheers
TRUSTED TRADERS
mariocamb13
mufc17
Migle-Gigle
JuveFC X3
Mikado0231
papagli
Tollyman
chernomoretz
l1sboa 1

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my feedback page

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Football_Card ... 114/1/#new

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:11 pm #3

OK, that's fine but what price and print run would you suggest?

The more cards there are the less desireable, so would you pay say £15 knowing there was 5,000 cards?

Of course you also have to persuade premiership players to sign that many and for a price that allows topps to make a profit, I wouldn't want to have to ask Wayne Rooney to hand sign 5,000 football cards for £1 each!

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:13 pm #4

The difference is the others are not available to buy direct from Topps, they are just randomly inserted into packs which will drive the price up whereas these are direct from Topps. The print runs of the others maybe higher but with the exception of the Shilton World Cup one how many do you actually see available at any one time ?

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:15 pm #5

Also, whether this country has the market for cards at those prices remains to be seen, we're years, even decades behind the likes of the US and Asian countries in card collecting.

Not everyone is interested in Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea either. Same old players from the same old clubs.

matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition
matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition

June 16th, 2011, 12:21 pm #6

Tollyman wrote:OK, that's fine but what price and print run would you suggest?

The more cards there are the less desireable, so would you pay say £15 knowing there was 5,000 cards?

Of course you also have to persuade premiership players to sign that many and for a price that allows topps to make a profit, I wouldn't want to have to ask Wayne Rooney to hand sign 5,000 football cards for £1 each!
its just that topps target market is aimed at kids really, there is not alot of kids willing to pay 50 pounds for a piece of card in a box with a plastic cover on it, i am but i am saving up for next seasons cards.

there sales on the premier gold is appauling i just think they should lower the price and in the long run they should make more money because there not really selling many at the moment. And they would sell alot by lowering the price even if its like a special promotion for like a week. I would love to complete the set but i just cant find myself paying over £500 on them.
TRUSTED TRADERS
mariocamb13
mufc17
Migle-Gigle
JuveFC X3
Mikado0231
papagli
Tollyman
chernomoretz
l1sboa 1

my feedback page

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:22 pm #7

Phild wrote:The difference is the others are not available to buy direct from Topps, they are just randomly inserted into packs which will drive the price up whereas these are direct from Topps. The print runs of the others maybe higher but with the exception of the Shilton World Cup one how many do you actually see available at any one time ?
15 various signed MA cards have been on ebay recently plus 5 more available at the moment, so not entirely exclusive.

Not selling for silly prices though (£30 -£50).

Has the authentics range of readily available signed limited cards hit the signed match attax card market?

matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition
matchattaxmaster11
Limited Edition

June 16th, 2011, 12:29 pm #8

i think you are quite right about the more there are the less desirable they are but i still think if they lower the price they would make alot more sales
TRUSTED TRADERS
mariocamb13
mufc17
Migle-Gigle
JuveFC X3
Mikado0231
papagli
Tollyman
chernomoretz
l1sboa 1

my feedback page

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:29 pm #9

matchattaxmaster11 wrote:
Tollyman wrote:OK, that's fine but what price and print run would you suggest?

its just that topps target market is aimed at kids really, there is not alot of kids willing to pay 50 pounds for a piece of card in a box with a plastic cover on it, i am but i am saving up for next seasons cards.

there sales on the premier gold is appauling i just think they should lower the price and in the long run they should make more money because there not really selling many at the moment. And they would sell alot by lowering the price even if its like a special promotion for like a week. I would love to complete the set but i just cant find myself paying over £500 on them.
Topps are aiming this set at the adult market not for Kids but it according to members on here £60 per card is too high.

Ca you reduce the size of your signature? :cheers

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

June 16th, 2011, 12:32 pm #10

Tollyman wrote:
Phild wrote:The difference is the others are not available to buy direct from Topps, they are just randomly inserted into packs which will drive the price up whereas these are direct from Topps. The print runs of the others maybe higher but with the exception of the Shilton World Cup one how many do you actually see available at any one time ?
15 various signed MA cards have been on ebay recently plus 5 more available at the moment, so not entirely exclusive.

Not selling for silly prices though (£30 -£50).

Has the authentics range of readily available signed limited cards hit the signed match attax card market?
Thats it though £30-£50 which shows what the price is. Ebay like it or not is the place where prices are determined these days.

How many of the 15 have been different cards ?

I don't think you can compare the markets at this moment between ma and the Authentics, one is as you know aimed at young kids and has a set to complete whereas the other is aimed at 'proper' collectors for want of a better word and there isn't a set to complete. Topps need to understand its not all about the 3/4 clubs (admittedly they will sell more of those than others) and if they opened up to other fans then it could work out but prices especially to start off need to be a touch more realistic and also i've yet to see any decent marketing from them. I don't know if they have promoted in mags like Match or anything as I don't buy them.