Alternative Rule Set For Match Attax

December 27th, 2015, 5:41 pm #1

Hi everyone!

So I'm a big fan of Match Attax and, indeed, CCG's in general. So I'm glad there is a game for my strange geeky/sporty mix XD but there is one thing about it that always bothers me - the ultra simplistic gameplay. Of course I understand this exists because of the younger children that play and not the older collectors (although seeing as I am willing and able to pay to collect the full set of 470 cards, I think this may need a rethink over at Topps 'D), and yet my friends, and other people I have chatted to, would like there to be a more strategic rule set available to play with. Now I also LOVE making my own games, so I accepted this unspoken challenge to try and make a rule set. I'd love to know if anyone else was interested, and to see what people think, and this forum seems like the best place! I would love you know what you think, and I'll post my 'alpha phase' ideas in a few moments

Thanks
Lianne

December 27th, 2015, 6:20 pm #2

Alright so basically my plan is to have a very similar set up to the preexisting, as far as to say that there will be 11 players in the formations allowed by Topps for the game. The team will have a £125m budget across 16 players, with five subs. Match play is based off of a separate set of cards, about 20 or so, that state the type of play a player may make in order to score EXAMPLE: Attacking team has possession on the left flank, and will cross it in (Midfielder, Pass), for a man in the box (Midfielder/Forward). So the first player will pick a player to attempt the cross, and the defending player picks a defender to stop him (the defender would use the opposite skill, so tackle against shoot. The attacking player scores higher, and so the ball is successfully crossed. The attacking player then picks a player for the header (who would ideally have a high shoot ability), and the defending player would pick another defender with a high speed rating to counteract this, and again, if the attacker is successful, there is a goal and possession is turned over to the other player. If not, possession still goes to the other player, but there is no goal. This is repeated until all players are face up, then it is half time. At half time you are allowed to make up to five substitutions from the bench for players on the pitch. You may not change formation at half time. This is just a brief idea of the rules, and obviously isn't necessarily going to be the final idea, but again, I'd love to hear about what you guys think!

December 27th, 2015, 8:11 pm #3

Game Is Fine As It Is.

December 27th, 2015, 8:31 pm #4

FootballCardsExtravagansa wrote:Game Is Fine As It Is.
For some, yes, but not all... I mean, a 7-4 result doesn't happen very often in the Premier League, does it? It's only optional rules anyway, not like I'm going to push Topps to try and adopt my rules or anything 'D just as an option, I've seen a lot of interest from adults such as myself... <3

FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero
FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero

December 27th, 2015, 8:37 pm #5

LianneJaguar64 wrote:
For some, yes, but not all... I mean, a 7-4 result doesn't happen very often in the Premier League, does it? It's only optional rules anyway, not like I'm going to push Topps to try and adopt my rules or anything 'D just as an option, I've seen a lot of interest from adults such as myself... <3
That's a bit confusing!!!

December 27th, 2015, 8:42 pm #6

FootyCardsMK wrote:
LianneJaguar64 wrote:
In which way, sorry? <3

December 27th, 2015, 9:46 pm #7

I'll Happily Help Test It Out. I'm Only A Kid But Am Possibly The Best Person In The World Who Can Help You.

December 27th, 2015, 9:59 pm #8

FootballCardsExtravagansa wrote:I'll Happily Help Test It Out. I'm Only A Kid But Am Possibly The Best Person In The World Who Can Help You.
Well thank you very much! I'll finalise the rules, work out what I need other than Match Attax Cards and I can let you know if you'd like <3

FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero
FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero

December 28th, 2015, 8:21 am #9

LianneJaguar64 wrote:
FootyCardsMK wrote:
LianneJaguar64 wrote:
In which way, sorry? <3
Sorry, I should've quoted your second post but I will try it anyway

FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero
FootyCardsMK
Hat Trick Hero

December 28th, 2015, 8:25 am #10

LianneJaguar64 wrote:Alright so basically my plan is to have a very similar set up to the preexisting, as far as to say that there will be 11 players in the formations allowed by Topps for the game. The team will have a £125m budget across 16 players, with five subs. Match play is based off of a separate set of cards, about 20 or so, that state the type of play a player may make in order to score EXAMPLE: Attacking team has possession on the left flank, and will cross it in (Midfielder, Pass), for a man in the box (Midfielder/Forward). So the first player will pick a player to attempt the cross, and the defending player picks a defender to stop him (the defender would use the opposite skill, so tackle against shoot. The attacking player scores higher, and so the ball is successfully crossed. The attacking player then picks a player for the header (who would ideally have a high shoot ability), and the defending player would pick another defender with a high speed rating to counteract this, and again, if the attacker is successful, there is a goal and possession is turned over to the other player. If not, possession still goes to the other player, but there is no goal. This is repeated until all players are face up, then it is half time. At half time you are allowed to make up to five substitutions from the bench for players on the pitch. You may not change formation at half time. This is just a brief idea of the rules, and obviously isn't necessarily going to be the final idea, but again, I'd love to hear about what you guys think!
Sorry, but there isn't any heading stat.