Aguero Silver & Gold Limited Editions!

jaxattax
100 Club
jaxattax
100 Club

February 3rd, 2014, 8:45 am #1

Hi guys,

I have just read this in Match attax magazine issue 16 regarding aguero tokens;

"Only unique individual coupons will be accepted. Original coupons only, photocopies will not be accepted. .To receive the Silver LE - Send 12 individual coupons featuring a different code. To receive the Gold LE - Send a further 12 individual coupons featuring a different code. The Gold LE will only be sent if you have already redeemed the Silver LE. Therefore you must send in a total of 24 coupons to claim the Gold LE. This offer is open to subscribers only. One per subscription."

I have a subscription and have 4 magazines (4 tokens) already.
My Mrs. just got a subscription so will get her first magazine (token) this weekend.

What I want to know, is when will they stop giving away tokens?

I read somewhere that they will stop in issue 24 - 29th March)? Surely that wont be the case?

If this is the case, I am pretty anxious, because this will mean I will only have 12 unique codes from my subscription for the silver aguero, and 8 other codes that are completely useless.
I was considering getting a third subscription, but if they are going to stop running the promotion on the 29th of March, there is zero point, in fact I would be best cancelling the mrs subscription too.

Anyway shed light on this/advise?????

Thanks

jaxattax
100 Club
jaxattax
100 Club

February 3rd, 2014, 9:49 am #2

I have actually answered my own topic, but will leave this here for your benefit.

I phoned topps and asked them. They said that the tokens will run for 52 weeks from start of subscription, so 19th october was first week, 11th or 18th October this year will be the last one.

I reckon with two subscriptions, we will get our first silver aguero soon after the 29th of March, then our first gold just after 21st of june.

With the second subscription, we should be able to generate a lot of cash on ebay to help the boys get any other rare cards they will need.

Silver aguero averaging a sale of £40 - £50 on ebay just now, even bronze is getting £10 - £20!

Gold will fetch a large sum I reckon.

Crazy!

alanaman
Limited Edition
alanaman
Limited Edition

February 6th, 2014, 2:27 am #3

If topps are going to run the aguero coupon for 52 weeks I would be very intrested to see what they are going to do after issue 24 to stop them loosing a huge percentage of their subscribers. I know if it wasnt for the aguero coupon I wouldnt subscribe.
I was expecting there to be a few extra weeks but not 52. I thought they would base another limited edition round the world cup collection to keep us hooked but surely they wouldnt have two coupon cards running at the same time.

Renko
Hat Trick Hero
Renko
Hat Trick Hero

February 6th, 2014, 11:24 am #4

alanaman wrote:If topps are going to run the aguero coupon for 52 weeks I would be very intrested to see what they are going to do after issue 24 to stop them loosing a huge percentage of their subscribers. I know if it wasnt for the aguero coupon I wouldnt subscribe.
I was expecting there to be a few extra weeks but not 52. I thought they would base another limited edition round the world cup collection to keep us hooked but surely they wouldnt have two coupon cards running at the same time.
It's almost as if Topps haven't entirely thought it through...

An option would be for them to run 1 token per issue, but it could be saved up and used for either a Aguero Premier League card, or an international (England obviously) World Cup card.

I wont collect Topps' World Cup series because the block-colour kits look awful
Bring back Championship Match Attax!

Then for 2016-17 season League One Match Attax

chriskeens
Player of the Month
chriskeens
Player of the Month

May 10th, 2014, 2:22 pm #5

I had it confirmed by Topps that the Aguero vouchers will continue until early September (when the new collection comes out)
My Premier Gold 2014 Everton Collection
(Wanted for this collection: Howard Auto 'Base' '/99' and any Everton '1/1')

My Premier Gold 2014 (auto) Collection

My Premier Club 2015 Everton Collection

Wishlist: here // Selling: here // Tradelist: here // Trading feedback: here (eBay Feedback here)

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2014, 11:08 am #6

has anyone sent off the tokens with top loaders and were they used?

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2014, 11:23 am #7

I sent them with toploaders Lawrence and they were used both times.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Tankerton1
Masters Card
Tankerton1
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2014, 11:29 am #8

I also sent them off for the Aguero's with top loaders for the cards Lawrence (and also the Rooney Silvers) and they all came back in the top loaders.
Trade List Wishlist

Trusted Traders: gt6943 X3, MatchAttaxCam, alanaman X3, mrmatchattax X3, NeilB, bibster X10, CJChelsea, Clem132, garners-great-deals2012, Phild, Darbo, monkey76, pnchocolates, Vimster, KMoran28, Taiz - A big thank you to all of those for some excellent trades!

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

August 2nd, 2014, 11:31 am #9

Thanks both, top loaders have been included, just off to post office to rend recorded.

Shame they dont go to vincent avenue as originally stated, i could take them there myself!