A question for Match Attax Sellers

spursdave
Limited Edition
spursdave
Limited Edition

September 25th, 2015, 10:12 am #1

Would you class the Gold card in the base set as a normal base card?

elcid
Player of the Month
elcid
Player of the Month

September 25th, 2015, 10:39 am #2

My first thought was yes, but the packs I have opened from multi-packs seem to have one of these cards or a mom/duo/badge, yet to see a pack with both. So now I am thinking they are more like man of the match cards in terms of rareness

spursdave
Limited Edition
spursdave
Limited Edition

September 25th, 2015, 10:53 am #3

Hi Richard and thanks for your input.I thought long and hard and decided that leaving it out could cause problems with customers so the first wave of orders (now over a hundred and still no cards) will have them included as 15 base cards might appear to a customer as misery.
Could technically be said about Captain card as well.

MatchAttaxOutlet
Man of the Match
MatchAttaxOutlet
Man of the Match

September 25th, 2015, 1:52 pm #4

I always try to wait on what the actual ratios are before setting my price and if needs be adjust accordingly as i go along...i opened three boxes yesterday and tbh the duo cards are the rarest so far as i didn't even get a full set of 20.

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

September 25th, 2015, 2:16 pm #5

I agree about the duo cards being the hardest to find. I am 6 short after opening 2 boxes, 3 multipacks and 3 tins.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

spursdave
Limited Edition
spursdave
Limited Edition

September 25th, 2015, 4:17 pm #6

But do you think that the Super Striker,Tough Tackler,Clean Sheet and All Rounder cards should be classed as normal base cards????

bibster
Masters Card
bibster
Masters Card

September 25th, 2015, 4:24 pm #7

spursdave wrote:But do you think that the Super Striker,Tough Tackler,Clean Sheet and All Rounder cards should be classed as normal base cards????
IMO yes.
Player Collections - David Beckham, Gareth Bale, Jack Wilshere, Charlie Adam, Gary Cahill, Joe Hart, Steven Fletcher, Jay Rodriguez, Charlie Austin, Leighton Baines, David Jones, Harry Kane, Ross Barkley, Dele Alli, Danny Ings

My Online Player Collection Album

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

September 25th, 2015, 4:57 pm #8

The ratios of the gold icons are about the same as the normal base cards, duos are the rarest by the look of it from all opened so far

spursdave
Limited Edition
spursdave
Limited Edition

September 25th, 2015, 5:12 pm #9

weirdly I've found Bournemouth and Southampton Base sets the most popular.So much so I've had to stop selling them in case I can't honour orders.
I haven't known such a chaotic start to pre=order business.

Phild
Masters Card
Phild
Masters Card

September 25th, 2015, 5:19 pm #10

Bournemouth being newly promoted will be popular. Southampton are well collected, got a few regulars who I have to keep them for each year, second only maybe to West Ham