'Extra' Limited Editions

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

February 24th, 2009, 8:20 pm #1

Information on the 'Extra' Limited editions will be posted here.

Currently only the cards have been announced but no mention of how to get each one.

It is known that some will be in the 'Extra' tins & one will be in with the new 'Extra' binder.

Kevin Davies - Bolton
Zoltan Gera - Fulham
Geovanni - Hull
Micah Richards - Man City
Ryan Giggs - Man United
Tuncay Sanli - Middlebrough
Steed Malbranque - Sunderland
Antonio Valencia - Wigan

David Dunn - Blackburn, was due to be issued but has been withdrawn after a few were mistakenly issued in the Sunday Mirror promotion

davec2907
Fans Favourite
davec2907
Fans Favourite

March 5th, 2009, 8:29 pm #2

i believe there is a heskey and berbatov limited edition card.does anyone know if this is true

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 10th, 2009, 1:55 pm #3

Emile Heskey is in Match of the Day Magazine this week.

Thanks to SUPERHOOP for heads up on this.

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 11th, 2009, 7:01 pm #4

Dimitar Berbatov - Starter pack
Craig Belamy - Collectors tin
Emile Heskey - Match of the Day magazine (10th March)
Carlo Cudicini - Martins and McColls
El-Hadji Diouf - W H Smiths

These are as printed in the official ultimate Match Attax Extra guide as given away in Match of the Day magazine issued on the 10th March

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 11th, 2009, 7:08 pm #5

It was rumoured that (pictures available) that there would be a limited edition for each club.

Why no mention in the list above?

Many questions here, have Topps had a change of heart and deliberately cut down the number of Limited editions or were the rumours untrue (very convincing pictures of other Limited Edition seem to disprove this).

Perhaps they have listened to Skint parents who are fed up forking out a fortune on ebay buying them!!!

If anyone has any info on this,please share it!

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 12th, 2009, 6:33 pm #6

From officeial site:

Match Attax Extra – official limited editions announced 12 Mar 09

The wait is finally over – Match Attax Extra is out today, and we can now reveal which limited editions you can get hunting for!

Take a look at the list below to see where and when you can get hold of the special cards. Only a certain number of each are being produced and will only be available in the places on the list.

Don’t forget, these are the only official limited editions being produced and any announcements about them will be made here first – accept no imitations!

• Match Attax Extra Starter Pack: Dimitar Berbatov
• Match Attax Extra Collector Tin: Craig Bellamy
• Martins & McColls: Carlo Cudicini
• W H Smiths: El Hadji Diouf
• Match of the Day magazine (available 10/03/09): Emile Heskey

Promotional card: there has also been a promotional trophy card produced. Please note, this is not an official limited edition.

All the awesome new Match Attax products are now available in the Topps Football shop

With so much going on – Match Attax has moved into Extra time!

matchtastic
matchtastic

March 14th, 2009, 9:37 pm #7

I have just bought a box from Martins & McColls and W H Smiths and there was no limited editions in the box's it was a joke I phone topps before I got them and they told me that on the extra box will not have a photo of a limited card on the box like 1st match attax box is this true I wasted £80 yours trev

Tollyman
Masters Card
Tollyman
Masters Card

March 15th, 2009, 12:06 pm #8

matchtastic wrote: I have just bought a box from Martins & McColls and W H Smiths and there was no limited editions in the box's it was a joke I phone topps before I got them and they told me that on the extra box will not have a photo of a limited card on the box like 1st match attax box is this true I wasted £80 yours trev
I too have bought a box from WH Smith & Martin Mccolls. Neither box had any indication that a Limited edition might be inside.

I did not get Diouf in the WH Smith box but did get Cudicini in the Mccolls box. I don't think it's guarenteed that there is one per box but I beleive the ratio is the same as the 100 clubs. I read somewhere that a person bought three boxes from woolworths from the main series and got 3 Perter Crouch's is one box an none in the other two.

I would email Topps if I were you and ask about why you didn't get a Limited Edition card. If you can scan in a reciept proving you had bought a box from WH Smith and attach it to the email they might offer to send you one. of course they might just send you a sympathetic response!

If you don't ask you'll never know.

My name is Tom
My name is Tom

April 6th, 2009, 1:05 pm #9

Joke. My friend bought a few packs from WH Smiths and got Diouf LtdEd in one of them. I bought 2 packs and got Milner MotM, but the chance of that?!?

RSACardCollector
RSACardCollector

August 12th, 2009, 2:33 pm #10

Hi, I just wanted to spread some light on the subject of these limited edition cards.

The regular Match Attax limited editions are:
  • Theo Walcott
  • Ashley Young
  • Joe Cole
  • Mikel Arteta
  • Steven Gerrard
  • Fernando Torres
  • Obefani Martins
  • Peter Crouch
  • Dave Kitson
  • Jermaine Jenas
  • Ishmail Miller
  • Valan Behrami
The Match Attax Extra limited editions are:
  • Emile Heskey
  • El-Hadji Diouf
  • Craig Bellamy
  • Dimitar Berbatov
  • Carlo Cudicini
The UNNOFFICIAL limited editions (which have only been printed once)
  • David Dunn
  • Kevin Davies
  • Zolton Gera
  • Deiberson Giovanni
  • Micah Richards
  • Ryan Giggs
  • Tuncay Sanli
  • Steed Malbranque
  • Antonio Valencia
Those are all